New to hydroponics, assistance needed

• Thread starter Lynch_Ironside
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I like autos more for convince than anything. There very touchy whiney bitches. Easy on the nutes and try to keep everything consistent.

I'm not sure what dwcmagic is talking about I crop a qp per plant so far either auto or photo.

I grow a few autos in sequence to get as close to a perpetual grow using only 2 rooms. With limited height.

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

My first and last time with autos was this time. I can wait a few more weeks to get 3 times as much bud.
Yeah I'm gonna grow out what I have and get some photo period plants going. It might be sooner rather than later, might even try coco again.... we'll see how long it takes me to set up the new room. Maybe I'll come back to autos when I'm a bit more well versed in the art of growing.
I learned the importance of vpd today so that's a step in the right direction. @Aqua Man has a thread on this and it's a great read, very informative and straightforward.
As luck would have it I bought a temp gun on impulse while picking up a hole saw kit the other day. I knew it would come in handy!

Screenshot 20201216 184246 VPD Calculator
Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Getting there. You want a KPA around 0.7-0.9 about now.
Ok, the humidifier is trying but I dont know how much it will be able to increase the humidity with the amount of exchange that's going on. I'll try something else to increase the humidity. When should I start dropping the humidity? They are in early flower stage now.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok, the humidifier is trying but I dont know how much it will be able to increase the humidity with the amount of exchange that's going on. I'll try something else to increase the humidity. When should I start dropping the humidity? They are in early flower stage now.
Always best to place it close to the intake of the tent and himidify the room.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

I like autos more for convince than anything. There very touchy whiney bitches. Easy on the nutes and try to keep everything consistent.

I'm not sure what dwcmagic is talking about I crop a qp per plant so far either auto or photo.

I grow a few autos in sequence to get as close to a perpetual grow using only 2 rooms. With limited height.
Well back to autos beimg whiney bitches, i had 2 super silver haze autos. As i said one was dieing so i took it early, use it for edibles. All went well until flowerimg. My yeilds would have been higher had i not had any issues. My mom has a cutting of my strongest plant, same system, same nutes, hers is doimg amazing beimg the only plant in the system. I screwed up putting 2 plants in a small system. Not saying i will never grow another auto, i just think had i been growing photo period plants i wouldve had time to correct issues. I did come out with some amazing bud though, but i kmow it couldve been better. New trick i use also is leavimg the sugar leaves on my buds, theyre frosty also so i leave them. Keeps people from bumming weed because with the sugar leaves on it lools like straight junk lol, but its straight fire.

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Just a quick update
Added a photo period...its a bag seed from some alleged pineapple kush, it was very decent so I was pleasantly surprised to find a seed in the grinder. Fingers crossed for a female, if it's a male then at the very least I can gain some experience 👍
I've also added a humidifier to try and lower the vpd, sitting at 1.13 right now.
Increased the light to 30-33000 lux
Looking at the plants I've decided not to worry too much about the one that's not doing well. The other plant looks great so I'm kinda leaning towards a genetic issue with the other. Time will tell I guess.

20201217 093434
20201217 093430
20201217 093427
20201216 143059
20201216 143052
Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Well got the humidity up to 44ish brought the vpd down to 1.04, this was taking an average of leaf temps as one was 66 and one 68. I'll have to get a bigger humidifier, bought this one for a mushroom project I've yet to start 👍

Superman2955

Superman2955

Oh just looking over the pics. Some people are over looking it. You didn't rinse your clay pellets properly it's the dust from the clay pellets making brown mud/slime. Need to soak this and drain and soak and drain to get the ph on them perfect.

There's you tubes videos. Lots of brown shit comes off those pellets rinse and repeat and rince with low pH water to get it to around 6 ph. There's a video on it.

Also aim for 5.8 ph also when your nutes should be low cause it'll be constantly fed. Start low work your way up. Start at 1/4 of what they say.

Badchoice

Badchoice

Silly question, in the one photo what’s with the fan leaf missing the tip like it was cut? Only saying because silly dead plant matter like that getting into the res can cause problems with bacteria.

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Oh just looking over the pics. Some people are over looking it. You didn't rinse your clay pellets properly it's the dust from the clay pellets making brown mud/slime. Need to soak this and drain and soak and drain to get the ph on them perfect.

There's you tubes videos. Lots of brown shit comes off those pellets rinse and repeat and rince with low pH water to get it to around 6 ph. There's a video on it.

Also aim for 5.8 ph also when your nutes should be low cause it'll be constantly fed. Start low work your way up. Start at 1/4 of what they say.
I put the hydroton into a smart pot and rinsed it for 10 min or so by hand until the run off was clear. I'll look up some vids on it thought and see what I can improve on. Thanks
Silly question, in the one photo what’s with the fan leaf missing the tip like it was cut? Only saying because silly dead plant matter like that getting into the res can cause problems with bacteria.
I'm not sure how I did that tbh, it had me a little stumped when I noticed it. I'll double check nothing is floating around in the res, I've done multiple water changes though and think I would've see something... idk, doesn't hurt to double check👍

Top Bottom