New to hydroponics, assistance needed

• Thread starter Lynch_Ironside
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man any suggestions?
What airpump are you using? You want to match it to the stones. Its not the air being pumped in that creates had exchange its the surface agitation.

Teml humidity?

Are you tip feeding once a week to rinse the hydroton?

Hydrogaurd or other additives?

Circulation fans and direct they are used.?

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

What airpump are you using? You want to match it to the stones. Its not the air being pumped in that creates had exchange its the surface agitation.

Teml humidity?

Are you tip feeding once a week to rinse the hydroton?

Hydrogaurd or other additives?

Circulation fans and direct they are used.?
I'm using the alita al-40 very good surface agitation. Temp is 78 rh 38, I haven't done any top feeding. Southern ag and hygrozyme and I have a fan oscillating on low in the corner that hits both plants pretty directly.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm using the alita al-40 very good surface agitation. Temp is 78 rh 38, I haven't done any top feeding. Southern ag and hygrozyme and I have a fan oscillating on low in the corner that hits both plants pretty directly.
I would change the fans to make a cyclone type air flow any direct airflow needs to be minimal and I prefer as little as possible unless the plants are dense af. You removed the lower leaves to alleviate the issues of high humidity at the base of the stem already so all you need is air movement but not direct at this point. RH is far to low prob 55-60% would be good for your temps.

That pump will run 4- 4x2 air stones properly so only use 4 and space accordingly.

What are the water temps?

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

I would change the fans to make a cyclone type air flow any direct airflow needs to be minimal and I prefer as little as possible unless the plants are dense af. You removed the lower leaves to alleviate the issues of high humidity at the base of the stem already so all you need is air movement but not direct at this point. RH is far to low prob 55-60% would be good for your temps.

That pump will run 4- 4x2 air stones properly so only use 4 and space accordingly.

I'll adjust the fans to create the cyclone effect. Ill take out the cheap air stones and replace them with the 4x2 I have a couple extra. I'll also get the humidifier going, I'll update soon.

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Sorry, res temps are stable at 67f

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I also try for 5.5 then let it drift up to 6.5 or close too. But 5.8 is fine too.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I'm sorry I actually did read the whole thread! You use Epsom salts but what do you use for calcium?

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

So I have the humidifier set up and will be monitoring the increase. I've adjusted the fan a bit but I will have to order and additional fan to help with the flow. Air stones checked and adjusted.
After this batch of autos I'll switch back to photo period plants, I feel like they might be easier to manage. Idk, guess we'll find out!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So I have the humidifier set up and will be monitoring the increase. I've adjusted the fan a bit but I will have to order and additional fan to help with the flow. Air stones checked and adjusted.
After this batch of autos I'll switch back to photo period plants, I feel like they might be easier to manage. Idk, guess we'll find out!
Never grown autos but heard sometime they can be finicky

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Never grown autos but heard sometime they can be finicky
Its weird that one plant looks like its having a hard time and the other looks good as far as I can tell. It's a bit frustrating not knowing a definitive reason why, I guess that'll come with more time and experience. It might be genetic, who knows. And I've heard the same thing about them.... after I bought all these seeds. So I'll grow out what I got and then see what you guys reccomended for the next roundđź‘Ť

Top Bottom