New Vertigrow SOG Stadium

• Thread starter vertigrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vertigrow

Whats up, this is a stadium sea of green grow.
Just wanted to upload some pics so you can check it out.

The grow will take place in a 6.5x6.5 grow tent.

2 1000w ballast will be used, each ballast will run 2 600w lights with a sun pulse splitters.

I am have a 6" Active air inline fan pushin 400 cfm's and a 26"x12" Active air carbon filter

Each side of the stadium is 5'x26" and runs like a flood&Drain, where the top tray fills first and runs down to the other levels. There are 4 levels and each level will hold 14 4x4x4 rock wool cubes. Nutrient levels are staying the same from top to bottom with cubes in, this is due to free flow trenches on the bottom of the trays (which are gutters I found at my local hardware store).

Clones (Skunk#1) are rooting very nicely and the system should be up and running in a couple of days!!!

I will be uploading pics on a regular basis cuz thats what everyone loves! Pics here are throughout the construction and configuration stage.

New vertigrow sog stadium
New vertigrow sog stadium 2
New vertigrow sog stadium 3
New vertigrow sog stadium 4
New vertigrow sog stadium 5
L

launchpad

mmmm & WOW

Cool set up! Was this self engineered? If so very creative!

I would be interested to know how the plants respond to the multiple levels. Does all the water flow in from the top? If so the plants may take the good nutes from the top couple levels, while the lower levels may be slightly shorted on ppm.

What will the light set up be, angled to match the stadium style?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I notice that you have different rockwool cubes on each side. Are you testing performance between the two?

Vertical or horizontal lighting? What is your light positioning in there?

Skunk#1 is an awesome choice. Love it! Just packing a bowl now from my last run of Skunk#1! I have no clue why you don't see ti in the clubs.

Keep up the good work, and watch it with that carpet in there.

-TF

V

vertigrow

Cool set up! Was this self engineered? If so very creative!

I would be interested to know how the plants respond to the multiple levels. Does all the water flow in from the top? If so the plants may take the good nutes from the top couple levels, while the lower levels may be slightly shorted on ppm.

What will the light set up be, angled to match the stadium style?

yea it's a self engineered system...... as far as the feeding it does starts from the top, i ran it a couple of times with the cubes in and ppm's stayed consistent on all levels I hope it does the same with plants .....i dont think i will have a problem though seeing as i will be flooding for 15 minutes at a time twice a day.

V

vertigrow

I notice that you have different rockwool cubes on each side. Are you testing performance between the two?

Vertical or horizontal lighting? What is your light positioning in there?

Skunk#1 is an awesome choice. Love it! Just packing a bowl now from my last run of Skunk#1! I have no clue why you don't see ti in the clubs.

Keep up the good work, and watch it with that carpet in there.

-TF

yea thanks man, I just wanna see if there is a difference because the grow dans are more expensive....

I will be hanging 4 cool tubes at an angle two on each side of the stadium.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Hey Vert thats bad ass I can`t wait to that see that sucker in action. Clean..

LBH

LBH

Looks good man, way to get creative. In looking at it, the one thing I see that "might" be an issue is the legs. I've never worked an ebb/flow system so I'm not familiar but it seems like a lot of weight for the 1" legs? I think I would cross brace them. Again, not sure what weight it will see, just trying to help brainstorm it.

Life in the gutter......ya mon

D

DaPurps

That looks nice and clean.

Does those Pulse splittlers just split the juice 50/50 and underfire the 600 bulbs ?

As said watch the carpet and who can see in the window ? But you said this is ending up in a tent right. Maybe throw some cross-bracing on those PVC legs for rigidity.

Looks great. Can't wait.

R

ReadySetGrowD9

Whats up, this is a stadium sea of green grow.
Just wanted to upload some pics so you can check it out.

The grow will take place in a 6.5x6.5 grow tent.

2 1000w ballast will be used, each ballast will run 2 600w lights with a sun pulse splitters.

I am have a 6" Active air inline fan pushin 400 cfm's and a 26"x12" Active air carbon filter

Each side of the stadium is 5'x26" and runs like a flood&Drain, where the top tray fills first and runs down to the other levels. There are 4 levels and each level will hold 14 4x4x4 rock wool cubes. Nutrient levels are staying the same from top to bottom with cubes in, this is due to free flow trenches on the bottom of the trays (which are gutters I found at my local hardware store).

Clones (Skunk#1) are rooting very nicely and the system should be up and running in a couple of days!!!

I will be uploading pics on a regular basis cuz thats what everyone loves! Pics here are throughout the construction and configuration stage.

hey bro great pics and it looks like ur gunna ROCK that setup cant wait to check it out......

I have some questions about the ballasts and bulbs you are using with that sunpulse splitter bc from what i read about it it only works with magnetic metal halide ballasts and only sun pulse brand MH bulbs.... i hope i am wrong about this info bc i really wanna use the splitter for my flower room lol.....

Peace and Stay Safe bro
RSGD9

V

vertigrow

hey bro great pics and it looks like ur gunna ROCK that setup cant wait to check it out......

I have some questions about the ballasts and bulbs you are using with that sunpulse splitter bc from what i read about it it only works with magnetic metal halide ballasts and only sun pulse brand MH bulbs.... i hope i am wrong about this info bc i really wanna use the splitter for my flower room lol.....

Peace and Stay Safe bro
RSGD9

thanks RSG,
the sun pulse splitters work with magnetic ballast only but as far as bulbs I have been able to use mh & hps...... but I do remember their website saying it's only for sun pulse lamps but from what i can tell thats some bs, although there could be some bulbs that dont work not 100% but I have not had any problems using them yet though

V

vertigrow

Whats up guys, just a couple of pics from the transplant!!! everything lookin good so far.

Intent
Intent2
Lightshot
Transplant
Transplant2
Transplant3
Transplant4
devious d

devious d

thats it dude, plants in it cant wait to see what pops up for yer, as a sog man like to nsee how it goes good luck peace D.D

S

sfzoo

if i may,

this isn't much of a vertical grow, its more of a inclined flat grow. the point of a vert setup is that it uses both sides of the bulb. by angeling the tubes and using a reflector, you are essentially just running a flat garden.

either way, looks like you'll have some nice racks of colas. good luck

V

vertigrow

if i may,

this isn't much of a vertical grow, its more of a inclined flat grow. the point of a vert setup is that it uses both sides of the bulb. by angeling the tubes and using a reflector, you are essentially just running a flat garden.

either way, looks like you'll have some nice racks of colas. good luck

I have to nicely disagree.

Vertical means vertical, if I put the lights on the ground it would still be a vertical system.......vertical does not mean using both sides of a bulb. It is how your plants are placed.

]I do agree about the incline though, My system was made like for a reason, and it is a vertical system(there are lots of different vertical systems out there).
I'M also hanging my lights at an angle so each row is about the same distance away from the reflector( NO TOP RACK LIGHT SHORTAGES)

B

Bobby Smith

How are you going to light the other 56 plants?

FWIW, fully agree with sfzoo and there are better ways (IMO) to get light to the back row other than using a reflector.

EDIT: If you are set on using reflectors, I'd recommend going with something with a little better coverage than cooltubes.

Just my $.02.

DOUBLE EDIT: Not a hater at all bro, but you are acting like an immature baby - learn how to take some constructive criticism.

You're running a tilted flat garden (making it much more complex than it needs to be) solely for the sake (as far as I can tell) of being able to mistakenly call it a "vertical" garden - it's not.

In doing so, you're missing out on the light overlap you could be getting from 4 600s, and have expressly made the point that you want the light to only illuminate one side :doh

I'm not a hater, but you are a jackass - I'm unsubbing now, good luck on your grow.

V

vertigrow

How are you going to light the other 56 plants?

FWIW, fully agree with sfzoo and there are better ways (IMO) to get light to the back row other than using a reflector.

EDIT: If you are set on using reflectors, I'd recommend going with something with a little better coverage than cooltubes.

Just my $.02.

with the other 2 reflectors I have thats how ..... ur entitled to ur opinion, but I feel like you dont really understand what im doing,and if you do then ur just a h8er and thats my 2 cents. I have two 600w lights dedicated to each side. i dont want the light from the left side to cover the right also, instead I want all of the left side light on the LEFT side and vise versa.

St3ve

St3ve

Looks like you're off to a good start bro, hope your sweet gutter design works out well. It looks great.

ps: imo thats a horizontal grow, I luv u :heart

D

DaPurps

Damn bro.. Hang those 4 lights down the middle, bare bulb. And scoot those flat-stadium's in tight to the 4 lights going down the middle. Guarenteed to yield more..

Either way, im sitting in to watch, but i think you will find hanging your bulbs vertical in a 'vertical' grow will make more sense and yield far more.

Top Bottom