New Vertigrow SOG Stadium

• Thread starter vertigrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vertigrow

How are you going to light the other 56 plants?

FWIW, fully agree with sfzoo and there are better ways (IMO) to get light to the back row other than using a reflector.

EDIT: If you are set on using reflectors, I'd recommend going with something with a little better coverage than cooltubes.

Just my $.02.

DOUBLE EDIT: Not a hater at all bro, but you are acting like an immature baby - learn how to take some constructive criticism.

You're running a tilted flat garden (making it much more complex than it needs to be) solely for the sake (as far as I can tell) of being able to mistakenly call it a "vertical" garden - it's not.

In doing so, you're missing out on the light overlap you could be getting from 4 600s, and have expressly made the point that you want the light to only illuminate one side :doh

I'm not a hater, but you are a jackass - I'm unsubbing now, good luck on your grow.

yea u are a hater...... what was the first thing you posted when i showed the system just the system......... you said i wouldnt get enuff light and you had no idea how anything was gonna be setup......(You got measurements on that system?

Using 600s, I can tell you right now that the top two rows aren't gonna be getting enough light (as motherlode said, not trying to hate, just to help).

Since it's still early and you're only in for ~$10 of PVC, I'd re-design that to be much more vertical and less horizontal - pulling numbers out my ass, I'd eyeball that and call it a 30 degree slope when you're gonna be wanting more of a 50-60 degree incline to be able to maximize the light from your 600s.

Also, 25 gallons isn't gonna be a large enough reservoir - those plants are gonna be drinking damn near that much per day when they get big in flower.

Just my $.02; anyways, link is in my signature to my vertical SOG (construction and setup, waiting on clones before growing starts) - 4 stacked 600s surrounded by 90 PVC wyes.)

!you said that thinking i was hanging them verticaly......... Constructive criticism is one thing you have done nothing but bad talk, not even having a clue what you are talking about, but a post is a post for you "Senior Farmer" you sir are the JACKASS!

P.S. VERY HAPPY TO HEAR YOU'RE UNSUBD!!

420Gator

420Gator

Damn bro.. Hang those 4 lights down the middle, bare bulb. And scoot those flat-stadium's in tight to the 4 lights going down the middle. Guarenteed to yield more..

Either way, im sitting in to watch, but i think you will find hanging your bulbs vertical in a 'vertical' grow will make more sense and yield far more.

good idea. nice set-up there vertigrow

also i dont think bobby was being a hater he had some good points

V

vertigrow

good idea. nice set-up there vertigrow

also i dont think bobby was being a hater he had some good points

thanks 420G yea I would agree with you if this was the first thread.
all there is from him is negative comments and criticism with no solution or bright side of anything and oh yea check my system out, but whatever i'm more concentrated on my grow.

thanks growers for checkin this thread out and thanks for the friendly advice I think i am going to hook the lights up vertically because alot of growers think that will work best........pics coming soon of finished setup.

1luv,
vertigrow

purpleberry

purpleberry

Nice set up, I think your last row would be to far if you hang them vert. Id do what your doing, get it going and think about what you what to change next time, based on what happen this time.

St3ve

St3ve

Nice set up, I think your last row would be to far if you hang them vert. Id do what your doing, get it going and think about what you what to change next time, based on what happen this time.

+1

I think your design is solid but once you have a run with it you will find ways to tweak it. Good luck bro.

S

sfzoo

I have to nicely disagree.

Vertical means vertical, if I put the lights on the ground it would still be a vertical system.......vertical does not mean using both sides of a bulb. It is how your plants are placed.

]I do agree about the incline though, My system was made like for a reason, and it is a vertical system(there are lots of different vertical systems out there).
I'M also hanging my lights at an angle so each row is about the same distance away from the reflector( NO TOP RACK LIGHT SHORTAGES)

Right, vertical means vertical. But, i guess my question is, what is the reason for the racks? why the stadium?
I ask because you are getting the exact same light penetration as a flat garden would. Thus, eliminating any advantage you'll be gaining from the stadium. Further, by pointing 2 tubes to each side, you are probably losing some w/sqft. If those 4 tubes were in a flat garden you'll benefit by having the footprint of each tube overlap somewhat.

you are right, there are plenty of vert systems out there. But, the vast majority of them aren't using reflectors. Most who use reflectors are in flat gardens where the loss of light upwards is a waste. The concept of hanging either bare bulbs or tubes with no reflectors is that there will be no loss of light via reflector(no matter how you cut the cake, the reflector WILL have a diminishing effect ).

Hope you don't mind me posting in your thread. Not hating, just curious and offering my opinion. :passingjoint:

V

vertigrow

Right, vertical means vertical. But, i guess my question is, what is the reason for the racks? why the stadium?
I ask because you are getting the exact same light penetration as a flat garden would. Thus, eliminating any advantage you'll be gaining from the stadium. Further, by pointing 2 tubes to each side, you are probably losing some w/sqft. If those 4 tubes were in a flat garden you'll benefit by having the footprint of each tube overlap somewhat.

you are right, there are plenty of vert systems out there. But, the vast majority of them aren't using reflectors. Most who use reflectors are in flat gardens where the loss of light upwards is a waste. The concept of hanging either bare bulbs or tubes with no reflectors is that there will be no loss of light via reflector(no matter how you cut the cake, the reflector WILL have a diminishing effect ).

Hope you don't mind me posting in your thread. Not hating, just curious and offering my opinion. :passingjoint:

good points sfzoo!

yea I was thinking about that all night and your right about hanging them vertically you can see it's way brighter!!!!!

I guess I was worried about my two top rows not getting enuff light, but in a 6x6 tent fogeta bout it.

Thanks for the advice sfzoo and all you guys along for this ride!

V

vertigrow

Welcome to the Skunk Bowl !!!!

Updates:

1)Both sides in.

2)Lights Now hangin vertically.

3)Power kept goin out in the house because half of my house was on one 15 amp
breaker. so had my electrician to hook up 3 20amp breakers for the grow area.

4)heating my house at night with light heat. :rauch08:

4 600w sunpulse 3kMH lights
Rightside
Welcome to the Skunk Bowl
Skunk bowl
Skunk bowl 2
Light Heat
C

CoreyB760

nice bro

i gotta give it to ya that turned out a lot better than i thought it would

im subbed

cant help but notice those are MH.. what made you go that route?

S

smugsmoker90

Yeah dude thats a pretty awsome setup. i hope it does well for you.. all tho i think your plants in the front will get bigger than all of them and block the light from getting to the plants in the back. i think you should go with what you were doing befor with two six hundreds over each side. it will deff be more effeciant and you will get alot more out of your grow. thats just my two cents. its nice man i hope it works out for you

V

vertigrow

nice bro

i gotta give it to ya that turned out a lot better than i thought it would

im subbed

cant help but notice those are MH.. what made you go that route?

Thanks, yea they are SunPulse 3k pulse start mh.... I just got them because I heard from a few growers I know here that they are awesome for flowering, The fuckers cost about $ 120 each tho...... honestly I had alil extra cash and figured I'd give them a shot.

4.D.

I have to nicely disagree.

Vertical means vertical, if I put the lights on the ground it would still be a vertical system.......vertical does not mean using both sides of a bulb. It is how your plants are placed.

]I do agree about the incline though, My system was made like for a reason, and it is a vertical system(there are lots of different vertical systems out there).
I'M also hanging my lights at an angle so each row is about the same distance away from the reflector( NO TOP RACK LIGHT SHORTAGES)

glad you went vert, vertigrow. looking much better. Just sharing my opinion, your plants and cool tube were inclined at the start, not vertical. IMHO vert is usually in reference to the placement of the bulb or plants, but usually bulb. Your plants are still at an incline because as they rise vertically they span horizontally. Since your plants are going both up ^ and out <> they are neither strictly vert or strictly horizontal. Google heath robinson he has some great vert grows, where the plants are literally on top of eachother. If both of your systems were closer at the bottom, I would say its a V sog. The "V" refers to the systems shape resembling the letter "V" not being short for vertical. I just wanted to share MHO and see what you and others have to say. This way we can all speak the same lingo, communicate more effectively, and in turn grow better. :)

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
This looks beautiful now, but i think you had the angle for the stadium correct when you had the lights with reflectors before, now i think smugsmoker is right, your gonna block light from your back two rows once those girls start getting a little taller. i dont know your exact dimensions but if i had to guess i would say give each row an extra 8-10inches of seperation vertically. that way when the canopy of the front row starts to fill out those vertical bulbs can still hit the second and thrid row full on, rather than just the tip top colas (making them only as good as horizontal lighting). Cant wait to see what this room looks like full of buds! 6.5 x 6.5 with 4x600w seems like you are gonna have a jungle in there, when will you start flowering?

420Gator

420Gator

dont put the lights back, get some more pvc and raise the back rows. make it more like a wall

D

DaPurps

Damn bro.. Hang those 4 lights down the middle, bare bulb. And scoot those flat-stadium's in tight to the 4 lights going down the middle. Guarenteed to yield more..

Either way, im sitting in to watch, but i think you will find hanging your bulbs vertical in a 'vertical' grow will make more sense and yield far more.

Setup is looking much better now, and should pump out a ton of buds :)

:harvest:

V

vertigrow

Lookin alright for now

Just a few pics on the girls sense the transplant

SAM 0093
SAM 0094
SAM 0096
Top Bottom