New Zealand Bound....

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
One of the most amazing days of me life. the boat cruise on Milford Sound.
DSC 0867

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Dolphins swimming right next to boat in Milford sound New Zealand
One of the most amazing days of me life, not only the scenery also being with our dear friends was a memory i will cherish forever...
Dolphin

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
The Remarkables mountain range south island...
DSC 0234

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Gin clear glacier melt river water running thru the rain forest on The Milford sound road South island New Zealand.
The day before we traveled the road a beach tree fell on a car with 2 young German tourists killing them both, same day a lady who just put her baby in car was struck by lightning in but survived...
DSC 0041
DSC 0035

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Mitre Peak Milford Sound, South island New Zealand.
The area is not actually a sound, Fiords are what we see.
Milford Sound is in the top 10 for most rainfall world wide.
DSC 0016

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Look at that bird on the rock over there...
He's just sitting there waiting for that butter to melt..
The pancake rocks, West coast, South island Tasman Sea
DSC 0394

Underthesun

Underthesun

The Remarkables mountain range south island...
View attachment 587797

Hell yeah, went snowboarding there with some crazy Aussies. They were pro skaters and only had snowboarded a few times, but were doing back flips and all this crazy shit for only being on a board 3 or 4 days. I took them down a little mogul run and they all tumbled down, couldn't really snowboard I guess, haha. Great guys though. NZ is great, so is Queenstown. Met people from all over the world there. What a beautiful country, looked like you lived it up down there. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to return as well, and next time maybe in their summer, looks amazing.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Hell yeah, went snowboarding there with some crazy Aussies. They were pro skaters and only had snowboarded a few times, but were doing back flips and all this crazy shit for only being on a board 3 or 4 days. I took them down a little mogul run and they all tumbled down, couldn't really snowboard I guess, haha. Great guys though. NZ is great, so is Queenstown. Met people from all over the world there. What a beautiful country, looked like you lived it up down there. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to return as well, and next time maybe in their summer, looks amazing.

When were you there?
Was there 33 years ago, have been there 11 times.
Spent 5 weeks there this trip 3500 miles driven.
Both islands south to north.
We hit the outskirts of Queenstown turned around way to touristy and Asian..
Asians have invaded NZ. Nothing against really but for the Kiwi's they cause situations, some are rude, most cannot drive, they are tolerated but a nuisance for some.
Southland is awesome, Central Otago, so many rivers and streams, spring fed creeks..

Underthesun

Underthesun

When were you there?
Asians have invaded NZ. Nothing against really but for the Kiwi's they cause situations, some are rude, most cannot drive, they are tolerated but a nuisance for some.
Southland is awesome, Central Otago, so many rivers and streams, spring fed creeks..

I went to the North Island in 96, went to Rotorua and did the National park, glow worm, Mt. Ruapehu thing. I was in my teens then and my dad was working there. I went back in 2005 to the South Island and spent all my time drinking and snowboarding, in my mid twenties then and ready to rage party. I would like to go back and actually take it all in now that I'm older and more mature, I appreciated it then but it would be on another level of appreciation now. I did mostly touristy things then, now I know better. But hey, it was still an awesome time and I saw some pretty spectacular things. The asians were moving in a little bit then in 05' I do remember some negative comments made by the locals and Aussies both, in NZ and Aus.

Underthesun

Underthesun

I also couldn't score a bag for the life of me. Haha, what's up with that? Brothels in Queenstown but no herb?

Underthesun

Underthesun

When were you there?

11 times! That's like two weeks on a plane total! My old man did the math the other day and thinks he has spent roughly 2.5 years on a plane traveling for work.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Jono Matla says he couldn't believe his luck when he managed to capture this meteor on camera. He was shooting a six-image vertical panorama with a 50mm lens when, while taking the final image, the meteor cut its way across the sky.
New Zealand photographer
Metor

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Taken in Hawkes Bay and over Maunga Taranaki, also seen in Hamilton and Wanganui.
Wow

Still in amazement of our wonderful adventure. So many fond memories of the people we met.
Everyone seemed so happy and very polite...
A whole another world down there.
Hoping for a return trip next year, wow just wow...

Top Bottom