New Zealand Bound....

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
@chickenman those are some incredible fish! Can't wait to see your pics. I hope my life is as cool as yours when I get up there in the years. Thanks again for sharing so much awesome nature stuff! I always enjoy your threads.
Thanks.. Got camera and eye for cool stuff why not share???

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I can't wait to see the fish you catch friend!
Not going to be easy. My friend said they hiked several miles and only saw a few fish which spooked..
Our first destination has a major river with tons of small tributaries, creeks, streams flowing into that I am sure will be fishable as well as lake fishing from shore casting mice patterns, streamers, cicadas, hopper dropper, at dusk and into the night as well as dawn..
Were there at end of summer the dry fly action will be prime...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Gin clear waters from our friend a guide..
Acrobatic back country rainbow cicadas were well and truly on the menu today .
Plenty of fish out and taking off the surface around midday , green cicada patterns in #10 and #12 were eagerly engulfed.
Paulm

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Upload 2016 2 9 7 29 2

I have back problems, and hard to sleep even when in my own bed. When i travel, or am having a hard time staying asleep, I use zzz quil. Love the stuff. That and edibles.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
KReport from South Island
16 hooked12 landed 4 to 7 lbs
Cacadoas

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
So my friends gf was driving and a car almost rear ended them
She pulled forward to avoid rear end crash but car behind hit another car resulting in a roll over
Friends not hurt car not damaged cops said good job avoiding
Will be very careful crazy drivers on the left

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
7 pound brown my friend who is down there caught today says fishing getting better

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Wow, that's about the coolest fly I've ever seen. Are these the size of a small mouse? And what weight leader line would you use for those bigguns?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow, that's about the coolest fly I've ever seen. Are these the size of a small mouse? And what weight leader line would you use for those bigguns?
3 and 4 x 6 to 8 lb. Yes small mouse...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
mind elaborating on what "mice patterns" are? Bit of an amateur angler still and am still learning the lingo. Haven't seen this before.
Monster fish...

Top Bottom