• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
This makes me cry...
Even if not a fisherman this is amazing...

The incredible story of a once in a lifetime event. Set amongst the spectacular scenery of southern New Zealand a most strange and bizarre tale unfolds. The stuff of folklore, 'Once in a Blue Moon' unravels the mystery of an event that occurs briefly once a decade. This strange and unreal journey takes us into some of the most remote and beautiful parts of New Zealand as we follow one anglers quest to document and unravel a childhood mystery and catch the fish of a lifetime.
In an unpredictable chain of events a mass flowering of the ancient New Zealand Beech forest leads to an excess of seed production. Mice and rodents take advantage of this abundance and numbers reach plague proportions. Incredible footage follows these rodents as they embark on a strange migration, attempting to swim across the expanse of New Zealand's rivers and lakes. There they fall prey to the largest predators in the lake - monster brown trout. Gorging themselves on swimming mice, these fish become extremely aggressive and grow to epic proportions. For a fly fishing Angler, this is the stuff dreams are made of.
This bizarre phenomenon has remained a mystery... until now...
Shot in beautiful high definition 'Once in a Blue Moon' reveals this bizarre story. Stunning cinematography, never before seen underwater footage, fantastic fly fishing and amazing trout behavior will take you deep into the tale of the fabulous and mysterious 'Mouse Year'

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
just keeps getting better..
2 mile hike in the back country South island New Zealand
The large dry fly season is just starting will be prime for me. My buddy is doing better each day figuring it out and finding places like this to fish
Nz101

no blind casting, most all fish are sighted and casted to.
stalking wild browns OMG!!!!!!
You got to be stealth one or two casts and they either slam it or spook off, all wild and wary very sporting....

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
How cool is that ? Wow, looks like you`re in for a lotta fun. Enjoy, enjoy bro. That is way, way cool.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Way too cool @chickenman. Looks a bit different than fishing with dry flys! What monsters too, they must be fun to reel in.

EDIT: On another note, the video starts silent. I'm sitting here hitting the bong and have my speakers turned up louder than normal. The music starts, scares the shit out of me and now I have a half bowl of partial burnt smoke on my desk :speechless:

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Way too cool @chickenman. Looks a bit different than fishing with dry flys! What monsters too, they must be fun to reel in.

EDIT: On another note, the video starts silent. I'm sitting here hitting the bong and have my speakers turned up louder than normal. The music starts, scares the shit out of me and now I have a half bowl of partial burnt smoke on my desk :speechless:
lol..

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Down to 47 hours till ALL ABOARD..
Will be on our way..
Bags packed, strict rules on carry on for flight, 15 lbs only WTF???
A large suitcase and back pack right at 50 lbs each for check in..
Sunday is Valentines day. Got King crab legs, salad French bread as a surprise to feast on the way to SF on train ED train...
Friend will pick us up, spend night in Santa Cruz mountains, leave SFO 745pm next day arrive 13 hours non stop, 5am 2 days later...with date line change..clear customs, board another flight to south island rent a car, drive south 1/2 way to cottage, find hotel with river nearby and FISHON!!!!!!!!!
Cannot believe this is happening, no weed will find or not.....
45 years almost daily huffing, will see. could snap and attempt to turn dam plane around to Denver for some rec pot 1/2 way to Auckland........

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Are you checking your reels or carrying on?Had a friend carry on reels recently and they made him strip off the spectra and mono?Not sure why but you should check.He was coming home from puerto vallarta on aeromexico but they told him standard was no line on reels to be carried on now,Good Luck,Give one a sore jaw for me,lol.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Today is the day off we go. mixed feelings super stoked but nervous about leaving farm, animals, friends....
Are you checking your reels or carrying on?Had a friend carry on reels recently and they made him strip off the spectra and mono?Not sure why but you should check.He was coming home from puerto vallarta on aeromexico but they told him standard was no line on reels to be carried on now,Good Luck,Give one a sore jaw for me,lol.
Only concern waders and boots not taking waders and got new boots..

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Holy shit 6.9 earthquake Christchurch Spoth Island

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Vapin out on train
G Glue and canna coco oil edable pretty chill nice quiet unwinding. Finally
This took a lot of effort to make this happen