Newbie First Autoflower Grow Afghan Kush And Candy Kush

• Thread starter Bigc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigc

Bigc

Thanks G! Really appreciate the time you took to reply there man. Must of taken ages haha.

So Yeh I get what you are saying although I'm not sure how I would wire a thermostat up to the power source? Do you mean wire a thermostat to the actual flan unit wiring?

I thought I could get a fan controller with a temp on and use that and your idea of the stealth box on the window so it's not using power all the time and should help regulate the temp. That and potentially a mist 7 pro humidifier should help as it's quite dry in there and as you said the humidity outside and temp isn't great. What do you think?

Don't think I'm going to go for the cooled hood just yet. Your idea for the carbon filter and the fan sounds good but I'm unsure how that will help with temp bro? Also if the light is at the top of my tent will that be close enough for the plants??

Again thanks dude!

G gnome

G gnome

Thanks G! Really appreciate the time you took to reply there man. Must of taken ages haha.

So Yeh I get what you are saying although I'm not sure how I would wire a thermostat up to the power source? Do you mean wire a thermostat to the actual flan unit wiring?

I thought I could get a fan controller with a temp on and use that and your idea of the stealth box on the window so it's not using power all the time and should help regulate the temp. That and potentially a mist 7 pro humidifier should help as it's quite dry in there and as you said the humidity outside and temp isn't great. What do you think?

Don't think I'm going to go for the cooled hood just yet. Your idea for the carbon filter and the fan sounds good but I'm unsure how that will help with temp bro? Also if the light is at the top of my tent will that be close enough for the plants??

Again thanks dude!
No man the fan plugs into the thermostat and the thermostat plugs into the wall

G gnome

G gnome

Afternoon gents, how's life your side of the pond?

4th day sober. Not cool. Want to punch people.

On the plus side an old friend is coming up from the south on Friday and will be bringing some :D I think after this purge one j will floor me...

Ok so do you know anywhere I can get that kinda thermostat from please dude?
Cap (the company that makes the one i showed is outta biz but they're a dime a dozen. Amazon or local shop

G gnome

G gnome

All that thermostat is is a switch for the fan thats temperature controled
Just wanted to say ur off to an excellent start and i really mean that. None of ur questions are dumb and plants look good. Hold off on the nutes till theytell ya otherwise

Bigc

Bigc

Awesome. Will go hunting online. Not sure as I don't have anything to read the humidity but I'm sure it's quite dry in there

Anything else worth looking at? Or getting? I know I need some ph up and down and a decent reader. Just been using tap water left out for 24 hours and my biobizz nutes but seems Pl so far...

G gnome

G gnome

Awesome. Will go hunting online. Not sure as I don't have anything to read the humidity but I'm sure it's quite dry in there

Anything else worth looking at? Or getting? I know I need some ph up and down and a decent reader. Just been using tap water left out for 24 hours and my biobizz nutes but seems Pl so far...
Keep the overhead down at first.

Bigc

Bigc

Yeh I get paid in friday so will get the stuff I need for it then and get crafting!

Going to screw it into the window sill and add a bug stopper that I've found online

G gnome

G gnome

I try to buy high quality equipment so if u buy a nunk meter ur just gonna wanna replace it sooner than later. My advice is spring for a blue lab combo meter. That way u can be confident in ur readings. Iwent thru $1000 dollars worth of piece of shit ones till i bought a blue lab and had it now for 7yrs

G gnome

G gnome

Yeh I get paid in friday so will get the stuff I need for it then and get crafting!

Going to screw it into the window sill and add a bug stopper that I've found online
Just use a furnace filter

G gnome

G gnome

Might wanna look into reg seeds in stead of autos too bro. Just my opinion but in my experience ur not gonna get the quality and ur one and done.
If ur concerned about cloning its easy.

str8smokn

str8smokn

How much are portable air conditioners in your area? You can buy one, remote the thermostat into your tent, and run vent from air conditioner into tent. No windows open,I would still run 6" vent or bigger fan and filter. My two cents, might cost a little more but more privacy and control of temp.
If your running CFLs I would run 20 on /4 off , not to bright so run a little longer,when you over think shit it starts to complicate things. Autos are not heavy feeders so take it lightly, I don't use CoCo so I can't help there,but you do need to check PH when in CoCo no matter what your growing.
Check out my simple Auto grow. I'm about to cut down my Paradise seeds Auto Wappa that's been outdoors. Grew a Auto vertigo and got 1/4# from inside,first grow.
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

Autos do pretty good I must say ,just don't over feed
and if you have hieght problems,no worries. They automatically start flowering in their 3rd week above ground. Mine have reached around 3ft tall but that's their genetics,they do make bigger ones though,checkout the XXL at Dinafem. And shit you could leave light on closer to a 22/2 light and mabey get more growth.

Bigc

Bigc

Help guys!! Just checked on one and it has fallen over? Please advise asap bro's!

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

Just from the weight of the spray by the looks of it I've had loads of seedling flop over they just spring back up when they're ready....u could always use a thin bit of cane or something to help support it if u like

Bigc

Bigc

Using a pencil slightly in the soil with a cable tie gently on it. Can still move around

Top Bottom