Newbie First Autoflower Grow Afghan Kush And Candy Kush

• Thread starter Bigc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigc

Bigc

Fuck it your right kilo and I'm just being lazy

Stealth box and fans etc it is. Watch this space lads...

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

If u get one that has both hoses in the back u only need one fan for the bottom hole just a duct booster will do about 15£ on amazon. Commonly the ducting comes with the ac unit usually heavy duty plastic stuff that lasts and then just use the side that pulls air into the ac on top of the tent with the hose provided and the exit out somewhere from the room! other than a thermo and humistat (Wichita you now don't need due to ac covering both) ur pretty well set on equipment and well on your way to a very successful and rewarding grow you know what they say bud YOU GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

I know it's tuff getting started and it hurts kinda bad for a bit (in the wallet that is) but you will be very happy in the long run if you just bite the nail on most things involving grow equipment

R

RobbieP

You dont need a AC unit imo dude ... we live in the uk ffs lol

I run a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 tent with a 600w in and its cool enough with my 6inch rvk fan and filter ... if i do need to cool temps slightly i just connect a 4inch tt fan as a inlet and bring in cool air from the room the tents in

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Well you said it is fairly cold there most the time if u still have your 4in fan hook it up to the board I described pump it into your tent. You can run at nite time to ease the highest temp to a more manageable area (i think this was said once already)

I run a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 tent with a 600w in and its cool enough with my 6inch rvk fan and filter ... if i do need to cool temps slightly i just connect a 4inch tt fan as a inlet and bring in cool air from the room the tents in
Now it's been said three times and I totally agree head this rout first get ac if u find u need it later

Bigc

Bigc

So do you have the exhaust going out in your room? I've tried it with the lamp on robbie and it's 30 degrees in the tent man. Defo going to go go a stealth inlet from the outside

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Oh man 86f is pretty high wow. I will let robbie tell u how he hooks his up but I believe you mentioned not having a sealed hood this will also drop your temps a ton if you have not got one once and if you do get one then u hook it up filter > fan directly connected pulling on filter pushing through > the hood and out the tent somewhere >>>> some will dispute that saying pull don't push I personally believe this shortens the life span of the fan due to extreme heat when u think about it makes more sense to push all personal choice there really

Last edited:
R

RobbieP

Ah you have the heat vented from your tent into your room ?

The heat from my tent is vented into a chimney breast.

As long as you have negative pressure in your tent ( tent sides suck in) and connect some ducting from near your window to the bottom duct holes in your tent and connect it to a 4inch fan , it should pull the air into the room and cool the plants as the 6inch outlet sucks it through the canopy and blows it out through the top duct vent holes as long as you have negative pressure you should be ok as their will be a constant flow of cooler air. Also you could use another oscillating fan to disrupt the air more in your tent , blowing the air around more will keep it cooler slightly ...
Where are you taking the reading from?
Your probe should be out of direct light to get a correct reading :)

Bigc

Bigc

Ok guys so check this biz niz out!
I now have a digital ballast running at 400w currently. Acoustic ducting with a stealth ac box to the window and a 4" inline fan and a new 6" exhaust fan and 6" rhino hobby carbon filter. Temp is 24-25 in there :)
1435345306583 1375998386

G gnome

G gnome

Ok guys so check this biz niz out!
I now have a digital ballast running at 400w currently. Acoustic ducting with a stealth ac box to the window and a 4" inline fan and a new 6" exhaust fan and 6" rhino hobby carbon filter. Temp is 24-25 in there :)View attachment 518703 View attachment 518704
Good idea! Make sure to keep that flex duct straight as possible. Take hot air from the top and cool air in at plant level

Bigc

Bigc

Little hot in there today at 28 but not alot I can do with it being 23 outside, heatwave next week as well rising to 27. Any ideas guys?

I can but this liquid ice stuff that tricks the plant into thinking it's at the right temp? The guy at my local store highly recommends although never tried with auto's...

H

happy b

Sup brother? I wanna start by saying ur on the right track and all are giving great advice.
Couple things id like to add.
I own over 20 of those silver star hoods and if i were u id keep what i got for a few reasons. First air cooled hoods have glass that not only reduces lumen output. The glass narrows the spectrum of the light. You dont need air cooled to control ur heat. You already bought a hood.
So here's how u can use everything u already have and have an optimal setup and conditions. You do need a thermostat though.

Ya got a 600w light w an adjust a wing reflector right? Ok so.hang ur filter in the ceiling of ur tent and attach the fan directly to the filter. To do this i make a collar out of sheet metal and use self tapping screws to fix them together.
So now u got ur filter and fan as one unit. Now plug ur filter into a thermostat like this one here.View attachment 517250
All u do is plug the fan into the thermostat and the stat into the power source..
Now for the ducting...attach the ductwork to the out end of the fan and run it out of the tent to a "widow box"
Because ur fan is on the opposite end of the ductwork u wont have hardly any noise..
All a window box is is a plywood box that u build around the window so u can leave the window cracked open to duct air out of. Then line the inside/ window side of the box w black fabric
As for bringing fresh air in i wouldn't bring it from outside for a fer reasons. First is the air outside is never the same temp. So how can you expect to have uniform conditions day to day if the air ur bringing in is fluxing 40 deg one day to the next. What i reco is bringing air in via a passive air intake or neg pressure intake same thing.
So by sucking air out the tent thru ur filter ur creating negative pressure so all ur doin is creating an opening for air to get in ur tent from inside the house which is usually about the same temp and thus more predictable. Not to mention the humidity outside that atleast around here is rarely optimal. If ur takin air from outside ur gonna constantly be struggling w atmospheric conditions. Air in the tent from in the hiuse and air goin out the tent goes outside.
but @G gnome he,s growing in a cupboard same as me and i really struggle to keep temps right without an air cooled hood.

H

happy b

And if ya do go w an air cooked fixture lemme know cuz i gat a few tricks to save u some dollars on that setup too.
So what are these tricks @G gnome?i use air cooled fixture(i need a new one.) So if youv got any tips i wanna hear em!

H

happy b

Little hot in there today at 28 but not alot I can do with it being 23 outside, heatwave next week as well rising to 27. Any ideas guys?

I can but this liquid ice stuff that tricks the plant into thinking it's at the right temp? The guy at my local store highly recommends although never tried with auto's...
Try working your light schedule to be off at the hottest part of the day.thats what i do during summer.

H

happy b

Big c are u running autos coz your only in a tent with 2m of head room?
If so i just want to point out that my grow rooms under 2m and with a bit of topping pinching and cropping i can grow almost anything but the most extreme exotic sativas without too much trouble.

Bigc

Bigc

Alryt happy pal. Doing auto's as I wanted to be low key and to be honest I wanted a quicker turn around. I don't need loads and wouldn't know what to do with it all after. I can only smoke so much Haha.

I will be doing normal ones on my next run. I fancy red dragon and an alien variety. Any reccomendations? Not a fan of cheese btw

H

happy b

Get something from Bodhi seeds.thats my recomendation.and i promise c you dont get anywere near as much as you first expect.i mean iv seen me get as little as a few grams off autos.true it was years ago and autos have come a long way since then.just make sure theyr in theyr final big pot soon as coz theres a limited veg period if something slows growth(like a too small pot) youl lose yeild coz theres limited veg time you cant make up what youv lost with an extended veg.
i hope iv explained that in a way you understand.probably not.lol.

Bigc

Bigc

Yeh happy that makes perfect sense mate. Funnily enough I went back to the shop today and bought the liquid ice and some larger pots. Transportation will begin tomorrow so would appreciate any advice or tips around that!

I'm hoping to get at least 7g from each. Would be epic like an ounce or two each but I don't want to set my expectations too high

Bigc

Bigc

Hi guys, update pics below. Added a co2 bag. Any ideas on when to transport the smaller into the bigger pots and how??
1435502668228 1375998386
1435502713940 954385192

Top Bottom