Newbie First Autoflower Grow Afghan Kush And Candy Kush

• Thread starter Bigc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RobbieP

Looking good so far mate .. seedlings look healthy , just keep it simple and you will be fine man

Bigc

Bigc

Cheers mate! Update pics below
1435007878606 1085502882

Bigc

Bigc

Cheers ghetto. I'm loving their growth, can really start to see them develop.

Just wondering guys I am using Seraphim19 biobizz schedule for feeding. He just uses water at the end and doesn't mention anything about flushing them with anything? I'm guessing with them being organic I dont have to??

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

Yeh listen to him man I don't flush just reduce nutes and give plain water for the last couple of feeds..he looks like the man for autos stick with his advice
I say mate

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

So went over your thread hear all great advice wouldn't disagree with most of it. I'm wondering why no one has mentioned a box silencer so there is no noise you can make these fairly cheap if your handy or u can just buy one pre made. No one has mentioned using the window piece from a portable ac for air either or even just getting a portable ac when u have some cash they are spend but so very very worth it with a 200-400$£ unit you will have complete control of temp humidity and have a good reason for vents in the window but in the mean time it's just a board 5-6" wide same hight as window if it goes side to side or match width if it goes up and down I think everyone has covered most everything else at this point

Bigc

Bigc

Thanks Kilo. So many options. I think guys come Friday I am ordering a mini ac unit to go in the tent but wondering if it's going to be to much for a small space? and a digital ballast to set at 400w for the moment...

Failing that then looks like I will have to utilise cooling from the window in some way.

Update pics below
1435151180126 258470128

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Well you said it is fairly cold there most the time if u still have your 4in fan hook it up to the board I described pump it into your tent. You can run at nite time to ease the highest temp to a more manageable area (i think this was said once already) and fan noise won't be such a worry because who is out in the middle of the nite that isn't up to something iffy themselves? A small ac unit can sometimes be to much inside a tent as it pulls alot of moisture out of the air and can put your RH "relative humidity" on the floor (plants like it somewhere in the range of 50% give or take) as well as make them use up more water and eat less food due to the fast drought (that last bit is just my opinion) most people don't have to many issues like this with an ac in the tent just giving you all the possible outcomes since I don't know where your climate sits normally. If you can spare it get one that will cool the entire room somewhere around 9-14k BTU put an inlet fan on your bottom vent hole pulling cool air from the room in and then exuast on the top with one of the two ducts from the back of your ac that pulls air into the back ( i believe one pushes one pulls presumably this will give you better overall enviroment control in the tent) then later on if you decide growing is your thing and you want to go bigger you will have the cooling power to do it. I think you also save electricity this way also since a smaller unit has to work harder and longer to cool most any given area where heat is created at high levels keep in mind these are just my opinions I'm sure there are other ways and maybe someone here thinks they have a better idea but this is how I ran my two tents in the same room when I got started a while back and it worked great

Last edited:
KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Those style ac same as the window units that rest in your windows can't be put in the tent alone the one you have chosen is designed for a room aprox 10x10 not sealed! Being in a smaller tent that is for the most part completely sealed you could be ok with that one but I kinda think you will still need to jimmy up some form of duct on the back where it breaths hot air out and cool in or you will just be spinning your wheels and pulling out your hair wondering why its not cooling properly and just getting extremely humid something like the picture here is going to be your best bet I'm not saying buy the most expensive one just make sure it vents out however this is just advice that I received and followed so i don't have any experience using a unit like the one you have chosen and can't tell you this is 100% true hopefully someone who has used a unit like that in a tent can chime in and give you a better idea if it will work or not
B918629

Last edited:
Bigc

Bigc

From what I'm reading guys it doesn't spit out any hot air. It can control the humidity and uses cool water so surely it's a win win?

G gnome

G gnome

Sounds like the move bro. I personally would reco something proven tried and true tho. U can reinvent the wheel when ya get in the black. Just my opinion.

Bigc

Bigc

Yeh I am just worried about trying to make a stealth unit and then having to buy a fan, more ducting and a controller as the temp varies so much. That's expensive.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

More practically speaking: If you have some warm air (e.g. in your tent) and you want to cool that air, then you need to take some heat out of the air. If you take heat out, then you have to put that heat somewhere, like out the window. This is what the law of heat exchange is/does it takes some heat out of something and puts it somewhere else.

From a quick Google search on HVAC and water coolers/ swampers with cooling units in them All airconditioners, refrigerators, freezers ect work this way (i believe the last one the water cooler/swamper is what you have picked out but I cant find the exact one) additionally, in exchanging the heat, they actually create some extra heat with the compressor and fans. So like I suspected if you don't vent the heat outside or at least out of the tent, it will actually heat the room more than cool it.

This is not my opinion this is from the government HVAC website feel free to look it up and you should check into the type of ac that is specifically and find info on those types of cooling units and how they work

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Yeh I am just worried about trying to make a stealth unit and then having to buy a fan, more ducting and a controller as the temp varies so much. That's expensive.
Hey man this is an extremely expensive hobby between learning curves building a stealth mini and building a full room not to mention seeds soil and nutes iv probably spent 20-30k iv got nearly 12k into my flower room alone. I will point out that I have swapped hydro systems many times tried most all of them and they set in the shed for later use so if starting cost is scary for ya ur gonna hate it if you love it (growing that is) cuz the better you get the better the toys u want and the better the toy the bigger the price tag. I'm sure your not trying to go all super huge but if you catch the grow bug it spreads like the plague to every fiber in your person (don't let me scare you) go simple stay simple and it stays cheap but iv never seen someone stay simple or even with their first setup more than a yr or so. You will make huge steps being in forums like this and reading any books or watching videos will save you tons on the learning curve just don't forget to take everything with a grain of salt and only use the information that will best benefit your specific technique and setup

IMHO when it comes to plants unless you are breeding for specific traits there is only two things set in stone when growing water and light everything else is open to interpretation

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom