Newbie here. Please give advice.

• Thread starter Craftsupplies420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Craftsupplies420

Craftsupplies420

I put these in soil on 12/08. Ac Infinity grow tent. I have lighting , RH, and VPD sitting in the correct ranges. I'm afraid I was a little overzealous when watering. Not too much just too often. But I'm not sure. Disregard the 2 in back, but the guy to the left is starting to droop as the leaves are curling down. Also all 3 haven't grown much if at all in the last 3 days. I'm all ears. Thank you.

Newbie here please give advice
Newbie here please give advice 2
Newbie here please give advice 3
Newbie here please give advice 4
Craftsupplies420

Craftsupplies420

Fwiw I'm a newbie myself, but since they all sprouted from seed it's normal to see different growth habits between them. Your seedlings look okay to me for this stage of early growth.
Thanks man I really appreciate the input. The plant "Dick" leaves curled down significantly overnight so I was very concerned with him. The other 2 I agree look good. Just super duper slow.

C

climbit

Iā€™m growing an autoflower, ā€œjuicy zkittlezā€ from seedsman and it will be three days come tomorrow morning at 6:00am. Mine looks dam near identical to the one in the middle in the first and third pictures. Iā€™ve watched a YouTubeā€™r called Mr.Cannuckā€™s and at the seedling stage he says he uses about a shot glass amount of water. Iā€™ve been measuring 1/3 or 1/4 a cup, which is approximately a ā€œshot glassā€ amount, and they seem to be taking it in stride. Also since I have them already established in the final pot i only use the shot glass amount of water more so at the center of the pot, Iā€™ve been watering a little farther from the center each day. I usually water by the looks of it, so as I said the center of the pot is where the wetter soil is and on the outer edges the soil is dry. This is how Iā€™m able to tell if it needs water, if the center of the pot is consistent with the drier soil on the outer edges of the pot. Once more, Iā€™ve heard dry spells can encourage the roots to look and search for water causing the roots to spread more. im new af to growing, they honestly look okay but Iā€™m unable to tell if any real problem is present. Iā€™ve also noticed some considerable growth after the dark cycle, like when I turn my lights back on so thatā€™s something to consider if you maybe run a 24/0 light/dark cycle. Hope this helps.
šŸ¤·

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Iā€™m growing an autoflower, ā€œjuicy zkittlezā€ from seedsman and it will be three days come tomorrow morning at 6:00am. Mine looks dam near identical to the one in the middle in the first and third pictures. Iā€™ve watched a YouTubeā€™r called Mr.Cannuckā€™s and at the seedling stage he says he uses about a shot glass amount of water. Iā€™ve been measuring 1/3 or 1/4 a cup, which is approximately a ā€œshot glassā€ amount, and they seem to be taking it in stride. Also since I have them already established in the final pot i only use the shot glass amount of water more so at the center of the pot, Iā€™ve been watering a little farther from the center each day. I usually water by the looks of it, so as I said the center of the pot is where the wetter soil is and on the outer edges the soil is dry. This is how Iā€™m able to tell if it needs water, if the center of the pot is consistent with the drier soil on the outer edges of the pot. Once more, Iā€™ve heard dry spells can encourage the roots to look and search for water causing the roots to spread more. im new af to growing, they honestly look okay but Iā€™m unable to tell if any real problem is present. Iā€™ve also noticed some considerable growth after the dark cycle, like when I turn my lights back on so thatā€™s something to consider if you maybe run a 24/0 light/dark cycle. Hope this helps.
šŸ¤·
Water around the edges of your container to encourage roots to spread and create a nice root ball. Plants look great for their stage just be patient and give them what they ask for.

Also I agree that you should give them at least a couple hours dark, they seem to grow better that way.

C

climbit

Water around the edges of your container to encourage roots to spread and create a nice root ball. Plants look great for their stage just be patient and give them what they ask for.

Also I agree that you should give them at least a couple hours dark, they seem to grow better that way.
šŸ’‹

Craftsupplies420

Craftsupplies420

I recently learned about watering around the edges and making the roots reach for the water so I will try that. I'm watering with Deer Park. Lights are on an 18/6. Should I go dark longer?

Craftsupplies420

Craftsupplies420

šŸ¤·
Thank you for the tips manšŸŒ±šŸŒ±

C

climbit

I recently learned about watering around the edges and making the roots reach for the water so I will try that. I'm watering with Deer Park. Lights are on an 18/6. Should I go dark longer?
I donā€™t want to say you should go darker longer, Iā€™m not experienced at all, what I know I know from reading and watching videos. What I can suggest is making the best informed decisions you can. I literally have a 30 page conversation with chatGPT on optimal cannabis seedling maintenance. Plus if they are photoperiod seeds I donā€™t think it would help. Make sure eviorment is dialed, you know the basics. Keep updating this post - we can learn from each other and the other experienced players.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
To each is there own... I have been 24 hour veg light for about 20 years now... good rule of thumb is to use 20% of your pot size... easy math... if in 5 gallon grow bucket want to use about 1 gallon of water.... It's all about frequency and dry backs... you want your soil im assuming your using to also dry out between waterings.... roots not only need water but air too.... I'll let my pot dry out between 12 and 24 hours... it's all about getting the feel of heavy wet pot and dry light pot....

If not going 24 hours veg light... do not go less than 18/6....

Craftsupplies420

Craftsupplies420

I donā€™t want to say you should go darker longer, Iā€™m not experienced at all, what I know I know from reading and watching videos. What I can suggest is making the best informed decisions you can. I literally have a 30 page conversation with chatGPT on optimal cannabis seedling maintenance. Plus if they are photoperiod seeds I donā€™t think it would help. Make sure eviorment is dialed, you know the basics. Keep updating this post - we can learn from each other and the other experienced players.
Right on brother. Using chatGPT as a guide is genius. Thanks for the advice and yes I'll keep this updated. Thanks dude.

Craftsupplies420

Craftsupplies420

To each is there own... I have been 24 hour veg light for about 20 years now... good rule of thumb is to use 20% of your pot size... easy math... if in 5 gallon grow bucket want to use about 1 gallon of water.... It's all about frequency and dry backs... you want your soil im assuming your using to also dry out between waterings.... roots not only need water but air too.... I'll let my pot dry out between 12 and 24 hours... it's all about getting the feel of heavy wet pot and dry light pot....

If not going 24 hours veg light... do not go less than 18/6....
I'm doing 18/6. Good to know I shouldn't go lower. Maybe I'll try 24 on my next attempt

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter

Agreed here, they always appear to stunt early. But they are just focusing their energy on root growth, give them a few days and theyā€™ll start taking off

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Also don't really worry about your VPD settings as much... I have a monitor that tells me mine but I pretty much ignore it.... im only curious about temps and rh... and not too much on the rh...
Mostly temps for me I know Iā€™m probably insane to most but I stopped running humidifiers etc, my veg tent early veg only runs about 19% RH šŸ¤£ dosent really get up into the 40ā€™s until Iā€™m up into 3 gallon or bigger pots

18/6 is my go to for veg as well, Iā€™ve tried 24/0 16/8 Iā€™m a big believer in plants sleeping, but also that they do the most stretching at lights out

Hereā€™s 1 week of growth watch heights change during lights out this was the past week, making and watching these helped me a ton learn how the plants grow

Craftsupplies420

Craftsupplies420

Mostly temps for me I know Iā€™m probably insane to most but I stopped running humidifiers etc, my veg tent early veg only runs about 19% RH šŸ¤£ dosent really get up into the 40ā€™s until Iā€™m up into 3 gallon or bigger pots

18/6 is my go to for veg as well, Iā€™ve tried 24/0 16/8 Iā€™m a big believer in plants sleeping, but also that they do the most stretching at lights out

Hereā€™s 1 week of growth watch heights change during lights out this was the past week, making and watching these helped me a ton learn how the plants grow
What are you using to record them?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
What are you using to record them?
Wyze cam V3ā€™s with 256gb micro SD cards 1 week timeline with 5 minute intervals on pics (time lapse feature)

If you do this make sure you watch the LED settings for the night vision especially if they are within a foot or 2 of your plants, they use far red LEDā€™s around the 860 and 940nm range I use the 940 as itā€™s above plants known visible light spectrum (havenā€™t had a problem with herming or anything in flower with them close to the plants)

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Still concerned about the droopy leaves on the 3rd plant but these otherwise look healthy I think....
A mutant! šŸ˜† I'm not sure what that is. someone that has way more experience than me could tell ya. I'm a newbie šŸ˜Œ ā˜ŗļø šŸ¤— šŸ˜† so yea I don't want to diagnose anything but it looks twisted I would look up diseases.

C

climbit

The soil appears to be drier than the previous photos. i would back the light off a bit. Thereā€™s this little tip I learned here on this website, Iā€™ll try my best to explain it.

imagine the perfect light distance from the light to the very top of the plants. The truer leaves at this distance should be parallel to the ground indicating optimal light distance. Or pointing slightly upward.

now imagine the light distance being farther away from the top of the plant. The true leaves will be much more erect basically pointing upward more.

now again imagine the light distance being very close to the top of the plant, the leaves at this distance will face downward in order to reduce the light intensity.

hope this helps. seedlings donā€™t need much light so it should be comfortable around 200umol- 350umol. Back the light off and re-observe in an hour to confirm this theory. Iā€™ve got mine under a pretty effective grow light next to a southern facing window and was noticing the leaves trying to ā€œleaveā€ the light if you will.

Top Bottom