Newbie here. Please give advice.

• Thread starter Craftsupplies420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Craftsupplies420

Craftsupplies420

The two on the left seem to be doing well. As for the third one to the right I honestly don’t know but something is suboptimal. I suspect soil but Im just unsure dude. Have you been pH’ing you’re water? That’s something to consider, though at this stage of the grow I don’t think it’s entirely the culprit.
I haven't been PH'ing the water but using Deer Park.

Craftsupplies420

Craftsupplies420

They look good - tip: never use cowpots for indoor! unless you plan on burying the whole pot and all, even that I dont advise indoor? roots will grow into the pot material, impossible to transplant without tearing roots - Solo cups or Plastic Pots plants will slide ride out for Transplanting. Keep at it!
Right On!
Duly Noted. Thank you.

Choppr

Choppr

Duly Noted. Thank you.
If your going to try to remove them to transplant, take a sharp knife cut along the inside wall all the way around this will save some of the roots from tearing off, then wet the bottom and cut the bottom off, this will also save roots from tearing off -

Cannabis Starts are so important - If you have a good starts you'll have good plants. hope this doesn't seem rude but "ditch the cowpots"!

C

climbit

Let them dry out before you water them again. If these are in soil, I sometimes go the first week from germination without adding more water. And I use like 50/50 soil/perlite mix.
I concur with this advice.
I haven't been PH'ing the water but using Deer Park.
consider pH’ing. This should optimize nutrient uptake especially considering you haven’t used nutes yet.

Leoman

Leoman

They look good - tip: never use cowpots for indoor! unless you plan on burying the whole pot and all, even that I dont advise indoor? roots will grow into the pot material, impossible to transplant without tearing roots - Solo cups or Plastic Pots plants will slide ride out for Transplanting. Keep at it!
Right On!
I've used peat pots and didn't have any issues sticking the whole thing in the new container since roots grow through and the pot breaks down. I thought that was the purpose of these types of pots.

Craftsupplies420

Craftsupplies420

If your going to try to remove them to transplant, take a sharp knife cut along the inside wall all the way around this will save some of the roots from tearing off, then wet the bottom and cut the bottom off, this will also save roots from tearing off -

Cannabis Starts are so important - If you have a good starts you'll have good plants. hope this doesn't seem rude but "ditch the cowpots"!
No man, not rude. I appreciate the advice. I'm gonna stick with this method until I transplant, but when I switch I'll keep this in mind. I also will remember this when I start my next batch. Thanks man.

Sunasun

Sunasun

No man, not rude. I appreciate the advice. I'm gonna stick with this method until I transplant, but when I switch I'll keep this in mind. I also will remember this when I start my next batch. Thanks man.
Looks like your mixture has been underwatered volume wise, when fully watered all of those pots should be darker on the outside of them.
2 ounces seems awfully low even for a 2 inch equivalent starter pot. In that size, i give them about 4 to 6 ounces. You want a little run off, to ensure proper and complete saturation.

Choppr

Choppr

I've used peat pots and didn't have any issues sticking the whole thing in the new container since roots grow through and the pot breaks down. I thought that was the purpose of these types of pots.
Peat Pellets are Perfect for Starts! Ive used these for many years. Ive also used cowpots for outdoor as I grow food crops too. Indoor its just easier to slide out of plastic cups (solos) for transplanting, or just "translocate" your pellets. cowpots they dont really ever breakdown like their supposed to, I have seen this in field scale gardening.
Looks like your mixture has been underwatered volume wise, when fully watered all of those pots should be darker on the outside of them.
2 ounces seems awfully low even for a 2 inch equivalent starter pot. In that size, i give them about 4 to 6 ounces. You want a little run off, to ensure proper and complete saturation.
this is Sound Advice, that's the other issue in cow pots they dry fast from the paper machete/cow shit material and wick water out of the soil media fast, which is ok but you need to water more...

Waterbearer

Waterbearer

I put these in soil on 12/08. Ac Infinity grow tent. I have lighting , RH, and VPD sitting in the correct ranges. I'm afraid I was a little overzealous when watering. Not too much just too often. But I'm not sure. Disregard the 2 in back, but the guy to the left is starting to droop as the leaves are curling down. Also all 3 haven't grown much if at all in the last 3 days. I'm all ears. Thank you.
They’re looking good bud. One on the left is definitely been overwatered Just looking at the water spots on the outside. Your babies don’t have much of a root system yet, so give me a chance to look for the water.. hope that helps

Top Bottom