Newbie here. Please give advice.

• Thread starter Craftsupplies420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Craftsupplies420

Craftsupplies420

A mutant! 😆 I'm not sure what that is. someone that has way more experience than me could tell ya. I'm a newbie 😌 ☺️ 🤗 😆 so yea I don't want to diagnose anything but it looks twisted I would look up diseases.
Lol no not that one. It is a mutant. I'm just bringing the back row along to learn something. I meant the 3rd plant in that front row.🤣

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Lol no not that one. It is a mutant. I'm just bringing the back row along to learn something. I meant the 3rd plant in that front row.🤣
Hell yea mutant! 😆 I'm high af and thought you were referring to the twist on the mustant...which I would look up marijuana plant twisting disease or some shit like that before I grew it out and spread it to my other plants. 😆 I'm Hella paranoid about diseases.

Craftsupplies420

Craftsupplies420

The soil appears to be drier than the previous photos. i would back the light off a bit. There’s this little tip I learned here on this website, I’ll try my best to explain it.

imagine the perfect light distance from the light to the very top of the plants. The truer leaves at this distance should be parallel to the ground indicating optimal light distance. Or pointing slightly upward.

now imagine the light distance being farther away from the top of the plant. The true leaves will be much more erect basically pointing upward more.

now again imagine the light distance being very close to the top of the plant, the leaves at this distance will face downward in order to reduce the light intensity.

hope this helps.
I appreciate this input. Wouldn't all 3 plants in the front row be reacting the same though. The other 2 plants leaves are perfectly parallel to the ground. Just the 3rd that curls. That's what led me to believe is was a problem with this one specifically. I'm totally ok moving the light away, I'd just hope to see similar grow traits amongst all 3.

C

climbit

I could be tweaking but in the third photo I can just begin to see some yellow spots beginning to become more vivid.

C

climbit

I appreciate this input. Wouldn't all 3 plants in the front row be reacting the same though. The other 2 plants leaves are perfectly parallel to the ground. Just the 3rd that curls. That's what led me to believe is was a problem with this one specifically. I'm totally ok moving the light away, I'd just hope to see similar grow traits amongst all 3.
Some plants could react differently, especially if there different strains. I’ve heard that even the same strain of seed might grow slightly different than the other even though they live in the same environment and receive equal light intensities. Or maybe it’s still recovering from being too wet? This is just a shot in the dark. Like I said the soil appears drier than the other photos when you mentioned you’re watering frequency.

I would try to back the light off and see if this helps? It’s about the simplest change you can make to potentially see if it benefits.

Craftsupplies420

Craftsupplies420

I could be tweaking but in the third photo I can just begin to see some yellow spots beginning to become more vivid.
I thought the same thing. I haven't fed it any nutrients either.

C

climbit

I thought the same thing. I haven't fed it any nutrients either.
So the yellowing becoming more visible could be indicative of light stress. Which led me to my inexperienced diagnosis.

are you growing in soil or something else bro? I forget my fault.

Craftsupplies420

Craftsupplies420

Some plants could react differently, especially if there different strains. I’ve heard that even the same strain of seed might grow slightly different than the other even though they live in the same environment and receive equal light intensities. Or maybe it’s still recovering from being too wet? This is just a shot in the dark. Like I said the soil appears drier than the other photos when you mentioned you’re watering frequency.
Yeah I hear ya. I moved the light to see how that does. Regarding the soil the top is dryer but its still moist just a half inch downtrend soil. Gonna water in the morning tomorrow. Thanks dude.

Craftsupplies420

Craftsupplies420

So the yellowing becoming more visible could be indicative of light stress. Which led me to my inexperienced diagnosis.

are you growing in soil or something else bro? I forget my fault.
Ok. I moved the light. Hopefully I'll see an improvement. Yes I put these in Miracle-Gro seedling starter soil. I wouldn't use it again I've learned that now. But yeah just soil and seed, water and light. Lol

C

climbit

Ok. I moved the light. Hopefully I'll see an improvement. Yes I put these in Miracle-Gro seedling starter soil. I wouldn't use it again I've learned that now. But yeah just soil and seed, water and light. Lol
Dam bro. Miracle gro is NOT the wave. I’ve even tried rooting pineapple crowns in that bullshit of a soil and they all got top rot and rot around the root stem. Im not trying to scare you.

Lexstar66

Lexstar66

I’m growing an autoflower, “juicy zkittlez” from seedsman and it will be three days come tomorrow morning at 6:00am. Mine looks dam near identical to the one in the middle in the first and third pictures. I’ve watched a YouTube’r called Mr.Cannuck’s and at the seedling stage he says he uses about a shot glass amount of water. I’ve been measuring 1/3 or 1/4 a cup, which is approximately a “shot glass” amount, and they seem to be taking it in stride. Also since I have them already established in the final pot i only use the shot glass amount of water more so at the center of the pot, I’ve been watering a little farther from the center each day. I usually water by the looks of it, so as I said the center of the pot is where the wetter soil is and on the outer edges the soil is dry. This is how I’m able to tell if it needs water, if the center of the pot is consistent with the drier soil on the outer edges of the pot. Once more, I’ve heard dry spells can encourage the roots to look and search for water causing the roots to spread more. im new af to growing, they honestly look okay but I’m unable to tell if any real problem is present. I’ve also noticed some considerable growth after the dark cycle, like when I turn my lights back on so that’s something to consider if you maybe run a 24/0 light/dark cycle. Hope this helps.
🤷
If your mix is cocoa/perlite you keep your mixture moist all the way through. Not saturated, just moist.

Craftsupplies420

Craftsupplies420

Dam bro. Miracle gro is NOT the wave. I’ve even tried rooting pineapple crowns in that bullshit of a soil and they all got top rot and rot around the root stem. Im not trying to scare you.
Yes I didn't know better and this was just a trial run when I replant them I promise it will not be miracle gro

Craftsupplies420

Craftsupplies420

I moved the light and I actually watered because they do feel dry. Just a shot glass of Deer park around the edges. The droopy looks droopier but who knows...

Screenshot 20231219 174925 Gallery
C

climbit

I moved the light and I actually watered because they do feel dry. Just a shot glass of Deer park around the edges. The droopy looks droopier but who knows...
The two on the left seem to be doing well. As for the third one to the right I honestly don’t know but something is suboptimal. I suspect soil but Im just unsure dude. Have you been pH’ing you’re water? That’s something to consider, though at this stage of the grow I don’t think it’s entirely the culprit.

Craftsupplies420

Craftsupplies420

The two on the left seem to be doing well. As for the third one to the right I honestly don’t know but something is suboptimal. I suspect soil but Im just unsure dude. Have you been pH’ing you’re water? That’s something to consider, though at this stage of the grow I don’t think it’s entirely the culprit.

H

hilbert

Let them dry out before you water them again. If these are in soil, I sometimes go the first week from germination without adding more water. And I use like 50/50 soil/perlite mix.

Choppr

Choppr

They look good - tip: never use cowpots for indoor! unless you plan on burying the whole pot and all, even that I dont advise indoor? roots will grow into the pot material, impossible to transplant without tearing roots - Solo cups or Plastic Pots plants will slide ride out for Transplanting. Keep at it!
Right On!

Latest posts

Top Bottom