Newbie Needs Advice

• Thread starter Megalith1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Megalith1

Megalith1

I am growing with a mars 3oow in a 80x80x160 tent ...4 inch extractor and 6 inch clip on fan .
My seedling is currently in a coya pot at 6 days old from breaking surface .
So far I have only given ph tap water.
Why are my leaves pointing up? And how long until I should expect new growth as it's been two days of nothing
Thanks in advance

Newbie needs advice
Newbie needs advice 2
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

they'll lay flatter before too long. When new growth starts its usually sticking up like that in some manner, Theres just not enough weight to let it lay down yet.

Some people say that when the larger fan leaves and other growth are pointing up (not as extreme) that its a good thing, I believe they say "the plant is praying"

Your seedling looks alright to me, nothing to worry about as far as im concerned

Megalith1

Megalith1

they'll lay flatter before too long. When new growth starts its usually sticking up like that in some manner, Theres just not enough weight to let it lay down yet.

Some people say that when the larger fan leaves and other growth are pointing up (not as extreme) that its a good thing, I believe they say "the plant is praying"

Your seedling looks alright to me, nothing to worry about as far as im concerned
Thanks saint skinny you have put my mind at rest .
When she gets a bit more growth I shall start a diary I think and hopefully the kind folk on here can pitch in if I come across an issue

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Thanks saint skinny you have put my mind at rest .
When she gets a bit more growth I shall start a diary I think and hopefully the kind folk on here can pitch in if I come across an issue
No problemo! Thats what this place is for! peeps come here when they start, post problems, questions and read all they can (at least I did) and after a few grows, they're the one's helping someone else that just started. Kinda one of the reasons I always check out the unanswered questions section, I've gotten alot of help here (and occasionally on a couple other forums) through the years and I like being able to help people like I was helped out years ago when I first started. Almost like a pay it forward type of thing.

A diary is a great idea as well, then you can go back to see what worked and what didn't in the future.

Megalith1

Megalith1

No problemo! Thats what this place is for! peeps come here when they start, post problems, questions and read all they can (at least I did) and after a few grows, they're the one's helping someone else that just started. Kinda one of the reasons I always check out the unanswered questions section, I've gotten alot of help here (and occasionally on a couple other forums) through the years and I like being able to help people like I was helped out years ago when I first started. Almost like a pay it forward type of thing.

A diary is a great idea as well, then you can go back to see what worked and what didn't in the future.
I've done that much reading it hurts lol.
But patience is what I will implant in my brain

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Lol this I have come to realise
Would I be better swapping out my led for my 125w duel cfl to start? Then add my led back in once going full flow?
I wouldn't unless you were doing it because the LED doesn't have the right spectrum, like if it were a flower booster. Not sure if they make boosters at 300w though lol

If seedlings sprout under intense light, they acclimate to it. If you start them under a weak light then you may stress them out when you transition to a stronger light, which can slow things down a bit. They eventually recover, but why stress if unnecessary? just my two cents

Megalith1

Megalith1

I wouldn't unless you were doing it because the LED doesn't have the right spectrum, like if it were a flower booster. Not sure if they make boosters at 300w though lol

If seedlings sprout under intense light, they acclimate to it. If you start them under a weak light then you may stress them out when you transition to a stronger light, which can slow things down a bit. They eventually recover, but why stress if unnecessary? just my two cents
That's cool just thought I would pose the question .
Appreciate all this advise

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Me personally, I'm not a fan of led bandwagon. Most led are utter garbage playing on the newbie Illformed growers to make the Akers pockets deeper.

Megalith1

Megalith1

Me personally, I'm not a fan of led bandwagon. Most led are utter garbage playing on the newbie Illformed growers to make the Akers pockets deeper.
I just thought I would give them a go as my space is relatively small so didn't want heat issues at the moment I'm running 23-27 Celsius with 45-50rh (which for the life of me I can't raise past 50) although I know that when I get more foliage will increase

dan1989

dan1989

Looks good in my unprofessional opinion :D wait until later in veg, you can look into the top of the new growth tips and you'll see lots of little leaves all pointing up like that :) imagine a baby being born sideways and it might make sense :)

Megalith1

Megalith1

Looks good in my unprofessional opinion :D wait until later in veg, you can look into the top of the new growth tips and you'll see lots of little leaves all pointing up like that :) imagine a baby being born sideways and it might make sense :)
Now babies being born I get (I've co-produced enough lol) as you all think it's healthy I'm at ease

dan1989

dan1989

Now babies being born I get (I've co-produced enough lol) as you all think it's healthy I'm at ease

You're at the beginning of a beautiful journey my friend lol. My wife says I don't send enough time with the kids cos I'm playing with my ' other children'. I say to her wait until I've got us our mortgage with these ' other children' and we'll see how much complaining there is lol. Welcome to the forums!

Megalith1

Megalith1

You're at the beginning of a beautiful journey my friend lol. My wife says I don't send enough time with the kids cos I'm playing with my ' other children'. I say to her wait until I've got us our mortgage with these ' other children' and we'll see how much complaining there is lol. Welcome to the forums!
I'm doing this to save money on the household smoking bill lol and if there is any extra I'm quids in .

Megalith1

Megalith1

Hi guys after a night of research apparently it's a sign of a plant being within optimal environment and is happy .....also it seems to be a particular trait of the strain I got (lemon kush) which I found by reading countless grow journals

dan1989

dan1989

Hi guys after a night of research apparently it's a sign of a plant being within optimal environment and is happy .....also it seems to be a particular trait of the strain I got (lemon kush) which I found by reading countless grow journals

Wise move, cross referencing that info

Megalith1

Megalith1

Wise move, cross referencing that info
Cheers Dan although I was happy with the info I got here my mind just wouldn't rest lol (bit of an over thinker) ...woke up to rather high temps today 29c which is partly because my tent is in my small bedroom that I sleep in with window on opposite side so I think I may have to get another clip on fan .....otherwise all is good

Top Bottom