Newbie to dwc struggling with it all

• Thread starter Thejackwiththeknack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thejackwiththeknack

Thejackwiththeknack

Actually it's the closest that is doing better. I will donas you said and report back to you soon thanks ever so much again

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Actually it's the closest that is doing better. I will donas you said and report back to you soon thanks ever so much again
How does the pump work? Is it inside the res and it pushes out the red hose down the middle then splits off into the 2 branches at the opposite end?

The temp in the water is measured in the res, which has an external chiller?

Thejackwiththeknack

Thejackwiththeknack

How does the pump work? Is it inside the res and it pushes out the red hose down the middle then splits off into the 2 branches at the opposite end?

The temp in the water is measured in the res, which has an external chiller?
The water is gravity through each pot then the return pump situated in res draws it back to the res. The red pipe has been replace with 40mm pipework within 1ft of the res then red pipe to res. Better flow as the red pipe was restricting the flow too much and was sucking the pipe closed almost. The flow is good since changing. Joys of being a plumber hey. ha
Also the res has a second pump to run the chiller. I have temperature points in the system buckets as well to be sure of the correct temps as well.

Screenshot 20221124 183055 Sensor Blue
Thejackwiththeknack

Thejackwiththeknack

Would you recommend a heater during lights off as temps drop to 19c and humidity up around 65?

CruelSun

CruelSun

The water is gravity through each pot then the return pump situated in res draws it back to the res. The red pipe has been replace with 40mm pipework within 1ft of the res then red pipe to res. Better flow as the red pipe was restricting the flow too much and was sucking the pipe closed almost. The flow is good since changing. Joys of being a plumber hey. ha
Also the res has a second pump to run the chiller. I have temperature points in the system buckets as well to be sure of the correct temps as well.
Your plumbing change is not pictured. You didn't use copper pipe, right?

Thejackwiththeknack

Thejackwiththeknack

I'm here bud, you got an update? What's happening?
Things are looking a whole lot better they are drinking again. And the roots have new white lengths also. The h202 is 11% not the 33% you mentioned last week to me. I'm wondering when I should turn the lights back to 600 also

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Well that's good news. Can you post a picture?

I would say that if the plants are recovering and you have your nutes right, bringing the lights back up is the next step, but pictures can help confirm where you are at.

Thejackwiththeknack

Thejackwiththeknack

Ec has been holding at 1.8 to 2 ph been a lot more stable today at 5.8 was rising to 6 to 6.1 untill today also.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

What we want to see is any new growth is happy. Buds are still small, so they should be packing on mass right now.]

Where is your EC or TDS today? PH in control? Got the humidity up?

You still have a lot of dead leaves that need to come off. You want the light and air movement to hit the leaves that produce. I'd pull anything yellow or brown to start with and probably more each day as she recovers. Those yellow leaves will not recover.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I hope so been a good learning curve so far.
Steep learning curves are par for the course with cannabis. You will get better, this will get eaiser. In a few grows you will just do stuff without too much thought and your harvest will get better and better.

Thejackwiththeknack

Thejackwiththeknack

Steep learning curves are par for the course with cannabis. You will get better, this will get eaiser. In a few grows you will just do stuff without too much thought and your harvest will get better and better.
Sounds like good advice... I am investing in led lamps next time for sure. And hopefully learn about beneficial bacteria as well
Should I put ligjts back to 600 aslo

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Sounds like good advice... I am investing in led lamps next time for sure. And hopefully learn about beneficial bacteria as well
Should I put ligjts back to 600 aslo
If you are confident your RH is good and your plants are drinking, go for it. You can always turn them back down, just watch them close for a couple days and look for any new signs of stress.

Turning the lights back up if everything else is right will actually make them drink more and aid in recovery. But if you do it without the other stuff fixed, you will be right back to where you started.

Thejackwiththeknack

Thejackwiththeknack

Ah ok.. I have been adding h202 11% at 120mm total every other day. I am hoping to do a res change tomorrow also. The canna recommended ec or ppm seems high don't you think? They recomend total 2.2 but as of next feed it should be 1.6?

Top Bottom