Newbie to growing

• Thread starter Cybele65
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cybele65

Hello all, I am new to this site and new to growing. I decided to grow a strain of Northern Lights feminized.
I started one plant so I can learn and make my mistakes. I am doing an indoor grow in a five gallon bucket with holes drilled into the bottom rim.
Looks great so far (5 weeks)
I had a yellow leave scare a few days ago. After much research I figured it was either "light burn" PH off or fertilizer burn.
I decided to attack all Three possibilities.
I rose the light up about six inches, flushed my plant with a gallon of water and tested the PH balance. PH was 7.0
Happy to say, my plant is pretty happy today and the yellow is going away.
Just wanted to say Hello to all you fellow growers and look forward to conversing with you.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Howdy, and welcome to the Farm! 🤠

Feel free to post pictures so we can better assist you as you grow! Good luck!

C

Cybele65

Thanks for responding to all that did. I will post pics in a while. I still have parts of leaves that are a yellow-green mix. Not sure if I should pluck them or just let it be.

C

Cybele65

My first grow.
Still hoping somebody will give a newbie to growing some advice. The yellow leaves are driving me nuts, this plant will be ready for flowering soon and I need advice. Should I cut the yellow leaves out? Should I thin out the canopy? Does this plant have a deficiency? I really need help and hoping this community could lend a hand. This is my first grow and still learning. Thank you.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Howdy homie! What are you feeding it? Nutrient wise, what kind of light do you have and what is it’s height set at? Looks like cal mag and nitrogen deficiency.

C

Cybele65

Howdy homie! What are you feeding it? Nutrient wise, what kind of light do you have and what is it’s height set at? Looks like cal mag and nitrogen deficiency.
Thanks for responding. My light is about Ten inches above the plant. I am using a 1-4 phase nutrient set from ILGM. I am currently using phase 3 plant booster, the numbers are: n0, p27 and k27. I was also thinking of magnesium deficiency based on a lot of research but this set of fertilizers do not have magnesium. The light is white, blue and red with emphasis on red. The previous feed was phase 2 veg state with: n19, p5 and k20.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Thanks for responding. My light is about Ten inches above the plant. I am using a 1-4 phase nutrient set from ILGM. I am currently using phase 3 plant booster, the numbers are: n0, p27 and k27. I was also thinking of magnesium deficiency based on a lot of research but this set of fertilizers do not have magnesium. The light is white, blue and red with emphasis on red.
Ten inches is too close, it should be set to at least 18inches during vegetative growth. Leds will cause cannabis to pull all the calcium and magnesium from the soil. That why it is suggested to supplement cal mag all through out vegetative stage and 4-5 weeks into flower. It’s part of the deal when using led lighting. You can use epsom salts to supplement magnesium, 1 teaspoon a gallon until you start feeding it cal mag with your normal supplements. Raise the light and it will slow the issue. As far as taking the affected leaves, I would let them stay as long as possible. They are still doing their job, just slower than normal.

C

Cybele65

Ten inches is too close, it should be set to at least 18inches during vegetative growth. Leds will cause cannabis to pull all the calcium and magnesium from the soil. That why it is suggested to supplement cal mag all through out vegetative stage and 4-5 weeks into flower. It’s part of the deal when using led lighting. You can use epsom salts to supplement magnesium, 1 teaspoon a gallon until you start feeding it cal mag with your normal supplements. Raise the light and it will slow the issue. As far as taking the affected leaves, I would let them stay as long as possible. They are still doing their job, just slower than normal.
Thanks again for responding. I will adjust the light after this post. As for the Epsom salt, how often should I use it? Every watering? I also had the same thought as you, leaving the leaves alone even if they are not a lush green. After all, what does nature do about it. If it is not useful, nature will get rid of it.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Thanks again for responding. I will adjust the light after this post. As for the Epsom salt, how often should I use it? Every watering? I also had the same thought as you, leaving the leaves alone even if they are not a lush green. After all, what does nature do about it. If it is not useful, nature will get rid of it.
Oh they will eventually die back, a couple of the more rough ones at least, but yeah, let them hang on. It’s a very vigorous plant. I think you just need to get the environment and feeding tuned in, now I feed my plants nutrients every forth day, with a watering maybe in between. So as far as the epsom salts just add the solution when you give nutrients. Also, how you water is important. Fully saturate the dirt, then don’t water until the pot feels like it’s filled with styrofoam, it will get that light even before leaf droop. So water and feed right, raise that light, add the salts, and it should be alright. Invest in some cal mag tho.

C

Cybele65

Oh they will eventually die back, a couple of the more rough ones at least, but yeah, let them hang on. It’s a very vigorous plant. I think you just need to get the environment and feeding tuned in, now I feed my plants nutrients every forth day, with a watering maybe in between. So as far as the epsom salts just add the solution when you give nutrients. Also, how you water is important. Fully saturate the dirt, then don’t water until the pot feels like it’s filled with styrofoam, it will get that light even before leaf droop. So water and feed right, raise that light, add the salts, and it should be alright. Invest in some cal mag tho.
Already looking up where to find cal mag. I will take all of your advice and use it. Thanks again. I look forward to posting the end result.

Top Bottom