• Thread starter Dusted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dusted

Dusted

Hey how are you thanks for the reply Do you think I would have a problem with my height with hps 1000 since I’m only 7 feet high

Dusted

Dusted

Hi guys how are
When I say "commercial" lighting, I'm talking about shields/guards/safety features that would be required in a business environment. If not all those bells and whistles are not needed, quantum boards make a great modular platform where you easily add as you grow. There are also quantum boards built for commercial growers.

Edit: Here's where I got my lights
Hi how are you I would like to know if I would break it down to 4 rooms of 10 by 10 how many boards would I need and is it the 240 watt models your talking about
When I click the link it does not send me there I searched the name so would like to know what model your using thanks again

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hi guys how are

Hi how are you I would like to know if I would break it down to 4 rooms of 10 by 10 how many boards would I need and is it the 240 watt models your talking about
When I click the link it does not send me there I searched the name so would like to know what model your using thanks again

I bought the 240w models. For some reason, the 480 w models cost more money. I assume it's the cost of the driver that drives the 480w price up. Everything is modular. Everything is easily replaceable. A panel goes out, replace the panel not the whole board. Same goes with the driver.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hi guys how are

When I tried it earlier, it worked. Now I am getting page load error. Try
and then change your search option to "supplier" Then search for Kingbrite.

Kingbrite contact
whitexcloud

whitexcloud

Thank you

each 240w is rated at 2x2 flower and 3x3 veg, you could stretch it and extra foot either side but the results wouldnt be optimal.

10x10 is something like 25 boards. I just brought the new 3000k qb272's with IR and UV. great for flower and pretty good for full cycle but if you are seperating the rooms I recommend getting 3500 or 4000k for the veg room (no IR or UV needed) and 3000k for the flower rooms.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

each 240w is rated at 2x2 flower and 3x3 veg, you could stretch it and extra foot either side but the results wouldnt be optimal.

10x10 is something like 25 boards. I just brought the new 3000k qb272's with IR and UV. great for flower and pretty good for full cycle but if you are seperating the rooms I recommend getting 3500 or 4000k for the veg room (no IR or UV needed) and 3000k for the flower rooms.

That's exactly what I did. Two 3500k 240w boards for veg. They have worked well for flowering too. I have my four 240w 3000l +660nm + ir +uv in shipping right now. When I am done moving things around I will have 960 w in a 5 x 5 flower tent and 480 w in a 4 x 4 veg tent.

Small scale compared to what he's setting up.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

That's exactly what I did. Two 3500k 240w boards for veg. They have worked well for flowering too. I have my four 240w 3000l +660nm + ir +uv in shipping right now. When I am done moving things around I will have 960 w in a 5 x 5 flower tent and 480 w in a 4 x 4 veg tent.

Right now I have 2x 240w 272's on the way @ 3000k.

Gonna use them full cycle in 4x4 (dimmed at first and then ramp em up progressively once out of seedling stage.)

I will have to clone and nuture some babies for 8-10 weeks while I wait to clear my first lot and then I will add 240w more of 3000k to that tent and aquire 2 3500/4000k only boards for a 4x4 veg room. Once I've done a few cycles like this I will ramp up again and so on and so forth. Thinking about outfitting a shipping container with 2x Chambers for this purpose.

Dusted

Dusted

So sounds like about 960 watts for a 5 by 5 area comes to close to the same as hps just less heat or are you over kill with that many watts

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter

i have a feeling people are going to be coming out of quarantine with some SERIOUS gas.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Right now I have 2x 240w 272's on the way @ 3000k.

Gonna use them full cycle in 4x4 (dimmed at first and then ramp em up progressively once out of seedling stage.)

I will have to clone and nuture some babies for 8-10 weeks while I wait to clear my first lot and then I will add 240w more of 3000k to that tent and aquire 2 3500/4000k only boards for a 4x4 veg room. Once I've done a few cycles like this I will ramp up again and so on and so forth. Thinking about outfitting a shipping container with 2x Chambers for this purpose.

Since my harvest will only be shared between my wife and I mainly, I think I'll have more smoke on my hands than I know what to do with. I'm not in it for the money. I'm in it to avoid the dispensaries. I may upgrade lights again in the future, but I don't think I will need anymore tents. After this grow is finished (I'll need both tents to finish this crop), I think I'll do a scrog next. I might even give mainlining a try ... I haven't done that yet.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

So sounds like about 960 watts for a 5 by 5 area comes to close to the same as hps just less heat or are you over kill with that many watts

Probably, but that's where the dimmers come in. I won't have to keep my lights as close to the plants so it gives me more head room to work with them.

960w = 38.4w per ft sq

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

Since my harvest will only be shared between my wife and I mainly, I think I'll have more smoke on my hands than I know what to do with. I'm not in it for the money. I'm in it to avoid the dispensaries. I may upgrade lights again in the future, but I don't think I will need anymore tents. After this grow is finished (I'll need both tents to finish this crop), I think I'll do a scrog next. I might even give mainlining a try ... I haven't done that yet.

Yeah well I have a family member that smokes about a oz a week, plus myself (when I'm smoking) and also friends to help so I won't even meet those needs with 2 tents in perpetual, but it'll be a step closer to what I need.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Keep in mind one difference between an HID bulb and an LED panel. An HID bulb doesn't concentrate it's energy downward onto the plants like an LED. It uses a reflector hood and there is always lost light efficiency at the bulb. A 1000w of quantum board full spectrum lighting all reflecting straight down would have all it's energy better focused on the plants. It's a more efficient light not only in energy used at the wall but in generating photosynthesis (in my opinion).

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yeah well I have a family member that smokes about a oz a week, plus myself (when I'm smoking) and also friends to help so I won't even meet those needs with 2 tents in perpetual, but it'll be a step closer to what I need.

My son lives out of state. My nephew is in town but we work opposite shifts so we usually only get together a couple of times a year. I also keep a very low profile due to my occupation.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

My son lives out of state. My nephew is in town but we work opposite shifts so we usually only get together a couple of times a year. I also keep a very low profile due to my occupation.

yeah, sometimes life would be easier without friends hahaa

Dusted

Dusted

Keep in mind one difference between an HID bulb and an LED panel. An HID bulb doesn't concentrate it's energy downward onto the plants like an LED. It uses a reflector hood and there is always lost light efficiency at the bulb. A 1000w of quantum board full spectrum lighting all reflecting straight down would have all it's energy better focused on the plants. It's a more efficient light not only in energy used at the wall but in generating photosynthesis (in my opinion).

Dusted

Dusted

So 1000 watts of led I will be able to do more then a 5 by 5 area in this case ?

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

So 1000 watts of led I will be able to do more then a 5 by 5 area in this case ?

yes.

PPFD of a HPS is around 1.2-1.8?

PPFD for LED can be up to 2.0 or more

Depends on bulbs/diodes but LED's are alot more efficent.

480w should = 600-800w
600w should = around 1000w

Top Bottom