• Thread starter Dusted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dusted

Dusted

H everyone hope all is well in these crazy days
I was just starting to grow and would like to know what lights should go with been looking at led but don’t have a huge budget any of those lights on amazon any good and what kind of coverage does led have
My ceiling are 7 foot high and have a space of 35 by 22 with 2 separate rooms in this space
If anyone could help with suggestions I would apreciate it
Thank you

BigCube

BigCube

I was just starting to grow and would like to know what lights should go with been looking at led but don’t have a huge budget any of those lights on amazon any good and what kind of coverage does led have
My ceiling are 7 foot high and have a space of 35 by 22 with 2 separate rooms in this space
Thank you

35x22 is far from the range of a new grower. 35x22 is almost a full time job.

Honestly, I would start small. Get a tent or a closet, and gear it up. Whatever gear you start with will evolve in time as your preferences change. After 2 or 3 small grows, you'll have a better grasp on what you want.

I would stay away from most of those amazon leds. They say "1200w" but if you read the specs in the ad, they say it consumes 250w. Big difference when you are trying to figure out how much light you need.

You want a minimum of 35w per sq foot of led light. So your 35x22 is 770 sq foot. 770 x 35 = 26950w

To outfit a room that size with cheap crap Amazon leds would cost you upward of $12,000. After 6 months about 10% will stop working.

The way a lot of us are going are with quantum boards and fluence style (bars). Using the most efficient leds on the market, samsung lm301b and h.
They end up costing a little less than a dollar a watt.

I honestly suggest getting 1 or 2 little goes under your belt first. 770 square feet is a lot of dedication. Good luck! 👍

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

35x22 is far from the range of a new grower. 35x22 is almost a full time job.

Honestly, I would start small. Get a tent or a closet, and gear it up. Whatever gear you start with will evolve in time as your preferences change. After 2 or 3 small grows, you'll have a better grasp on what you want.

I would stay away from most of those amazon leds. They say "1200w" but if you read the specs in the ad, they say it consumes 250w. Big difference when you are trying to figure out how much light you need.

You want a minimum of 35w per sq foot of led light. So your 35x22 is 770 sq foot. 770 x 35 = 26950w

To outfit a room that size with cheap crap Amazon leds would cost you upward of $12,000. After 6 months about 10% will stop working.

The way a lot of us are going are with quantum boards and fluence style (bars). Using the most efficient leds on the market, samsung lm301b and h.
They end up costing a little less than a dollar a watt.

I honestly suggest getting 1 or 2 little goes under your belt first. 770 square feet is a lot of dedication. Good luck! 👍

Adding to the reasons above ... Quantum boards produce intense full spectrum refracted light. They penetrate well and run warm, not hot, so expensive cooling hoods are not needed. The plants under my 3500k boards are growing very stocky with lush green healthy growth. I notice a difference within a few weeks in how the plants grow. They grow well under quantum boards. I also think starting small scale and expanding makes more sense. When my nephew was a caregiver, he could grow up to 72 plants. It pretty much became a full time job. I also remember his $1000 + electric bills he struggled to pay when he was just starting out.

Dusted

Dusted

Hi guys thank you very much for the reply’s I really apreciate it
So I did not start of properly
I have grown before but been a while and did it with hps now I want to go led for power consumption and because of heat also was thinking because I only have 7 foot ceilings with a hps I would have less head room led could get closer to ceiling
In the room I have there is 2 separate rooms of 10 by 10 also a bathroom of
5 by 5 and have another space of 3 by 7 which I was thinking of making baby’s
I would like to have it on a small rotation beetween the rooms not to have it all one shot
what would you guys suggest I do with the space I have and will hps be ok with low ceilings should I grow see of green style
I really have a lot of questions and would appreciate all the help possible
I’m also a contractor so I could get it all done myself I got a medical lisence for 244 plants
Thanks again for all the help in advance have a good one

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hi guys thank you very much for the reply’s I really apreciate it
So I did not start of properly
I have grown before but been a while and did it with hps now I want to go led for power consumption and because of heat also was thinking because I only have 7 foot ceilings with a hps I would have less head room led could get closer to ceiling
In the room I have there is 2 separate rooms of 10 by 10 also a bathroom of
5 by 5 and have another space of 3 by 7 which I was thinking of making baby’s
I would like to have it on a small rotation beetween the rooms not to have it all one shot
what would you guys suggest I do with the space I have and will hps be ok with low ceilings should I grow see of green style
I really have a lot of questions and would appreciate all the help possible
I’m also a contractor so I could get it all done myself I got a medical lisence for 244 plants
Thanks again for all the help in advance have a good one

Different situation all together.

I'd still use the quantum boards or the fluence style lighting, however it would make sense to look at "commercial quality" since this is obviously going to be your income. The lights I have purchased seem to be focused on the hobby growers market. There are people on this forum who grow professionally and can give you a professional opinion on some of the led or HID options.

@THCMonster @MIMedGrower - These guys know there stuff. 1 is an LED guy and the other is HID. Both have had fantastic results and would likely have valuable input.

THCMonster

THCMonster

Different situation all together.

I'd still use the quantum boards or the fluence style lighting, however it would make sense to look at "commercial quality" since this is obviously going to be your income. The lights I have purchased seem to be focused on the hobby growers market. There are people on this forum who grow professionally and can give you a professional opinion on some of the led or HID options.

@THCMonster @MIMedGrower - These guys know there stuff. 1 is an LED guy and the other is HID. Both have had fantastic results and would likely have valuable input.

Yea i've seen people rock out grows with those quantum boards, never used them personally, but i know of some commerical style LED lights.

I personally use 630w CMH's, but the 315w CMH work great too!

If you are trying to save yourself on electricity and heat i would say go LED.

I am not the best when it comes to DIY projects, so I would personally buy commerical style LED fixtures, but those quantum boards are nice because if you put them together yourself you technically can replace them yourself at anytime, and you can save a decent amount of $$$ doing so.

Dusted

Dusted

Amazing board this is thanks guys for info we’re would I be able to get those quantum boards are you taking about like the spider farmer style lights ?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yea i've seen people rock out grows with those quantum boards, never used them personally, but i know of some commerical style LED lights.

I personally use 630w CMH's, but the 315w CMH work great too!

If you are trying to save yourself on electricity and heat i would say go LED.

I am not the best when it comes to DIY projects, so I would personally buy commerical style LED fixtures, but those quantum boards are nice because if you put them together yourself you technically can replace them yourself at anytime, and you can save a decent amount of $$$ doing so.

I thought you were LED @THCMonster I must be getting you confused with another member. Do you remember who was talking about the tune-able spectrum LED's where you can alter the spectrum without losing light intensity. They are "high end" even in commercial lighting.

@Dusted Many possibilities that only you and your wallet can decide.

Dusted

Dusted

Adding to the reasons above ... Quantum boards produce intense full spectrum refracted light. They penetrate well and run warm, not hot, so expensive cooling hoods are not needed. The plants under my 3500k boards are growing very stocky with lush green healthy growth. I notice a difference within a few weeks in how the plants grow. They grow well under quantum boards. I also think starting small scale and expanding makes more sense. When my nephew was a caregiver, he could grow up to 72 plants. It pretty much became a full time job. I also remember his $1000 + electric bills he struggled to pay when he was just starting out.
That’s what I was thinking also start off small and grow in to the room as I get better at it and understand how to control the environment last thing I want is a big disaster just really thinking about lighting cause of the height I have is low

Dusted

Dusted

I thought you were LED @THCMonster I must be getting you confused with another member. Do you remember who was talking about the tune-able spectrum LED's where you can alter the spectrum without losing light intensity. They are "high end" even in commercial lighting.

@Dusted Many possibilities that only you and your wallet can decide.

Ya that’s the issue I want a medium start up and will start getting top quality lights as the grow gets bigger but I don’t want crap either weather start with less lights

THCMonster

THCMonster

That’s what I was thinking also start off small and grow in to the room as I get better at it and understand how to control the environment last thing I want is a big disaster just really thinking about lighting cause of the height I have is low

Check out this Website, they have boards ranging from $100-$500.

Just depends on your price range.

They are listed as QB's

BigCube

BigCube

Amazing board this is thanks guys for info we’re would I be able to get those quantum boards are you taking about like the spider farmer style lights ?

They have many different versions, best to search around for what you like.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Ya that’s the issue I want a medium start up and will start getting top quality lights as the grow gets bigger but I don’t want crap either weather start with less lights
When I say "commercial" lighting, I'm talking about shields/guards/safety features that would be required in a business environment. If not all those bells and whistles are not needed, quantum boards make a great modular platform where you easily add as you grow. There are also quantum boards built for commercial growers.

Edit: Here's where I got my lights

THCMonster

THCMonster

When I say "commercial" lighting, I'm talking about shields/guards/safety features that would be required in a business environment. If not all those bells and whistles are not needed, quantum boards make a great modular platform where you easily add as you grow. There are also quantum boards built for commercial growers.

Edit: Here's where I got my lights

Yea if it was me buying LED i would personally go with the more commerical style LED like these ones listed!

Thats when you get the most bang for your buck! Those are true H.O. (High Output) fixtures.

LED's grow great bud, but ive noticed from a couple buddies of mine that have them their stuff is no where near as dense as my bud, they still get big ass buds though!

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Thank you

I just went through all of this not too long ago. MIgramps is dead on. Quantum boards are the way to go. When I swtiched over from the typical "black box" LED from amazon... The results were immediately noticeable. You can see what I mean on my thread

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Guess I'm just chopped liver 🤣

Chopped liver? You lost me lol ....

Edit: Tired of stay at home life ... Lock down is beginning to suck .... I've got too much time on my hands. Too much thc too early in the day lol

Dusted

Dusted

Amazing info guys I’m going to check it out tonight and let you know what I’m thinking of getting doing stuff around the house also on lock down messed up stuff
Thanks again everyone

Top Bottom