Next Level Genetics (1st Drop Coming Soon)

• Thread starter Mainemedz5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
G gnome

G gnome

my answer is "STABLE" lines most chuckers don't work the plant numbers and devote the years into bringing a quality stable product to the table. True line breeding, stabilizing lines takes years of devotion, a keen eye for detail and a lot of patience. It also requires more note taking and keeping than required for a thesis or dissertation. And one must also have the ability to absorb the failures along with the successes without giving up.

Most importantly for lack of a better word, the REAL breeder must a have a passion for the plant and not let the lust for $$$$ get in the way of said passion.
With that being sed...who puttin in the work? Who is actually breeding? Bodhi aint, csi aint, fudge aint, archive aint, nobody is

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I had high hopes. You sound defensive and annoyed that your methods would be questioned. But you have to expect that. We’ve been here before. Either explain yourself or don’t. But please don’t get defensive when we question your acumen.

G gnome

G gnome

One thing tbat stood out to me and the reason i decided originally to respond to this thread is. In the 2nd paragraph of the first post of this thread is says "we specialize in creating unique cannabis cultivars" when i read that i thought to myself....heres somebody thats really "next level" .....then as i read on i noticed that all the strains were were just crosses. A cultivar by its very definition is a line that has been worked and stabilized.

According to the international code of gnomenclature for cultivated plants this defines a cultivar....
Screenshot 20180725 214012

Notice it ses "selected for a particular characteristic" aka selective breeding
It also ses distinct, uniform and stable.

Cultivar is not just a word to throw around cuz it sounds fancy. anyone that knows anything about plant breeding knows its a very specific term.

Last edited:
Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

One thing tbat stood out to me and the reason i decided originally to respond to this thread is. In the 2nd paragraph of the first post of this thread is says "we specialize in creating unique cannabis cultivars" when i read that i thought to myself....heres somebody thats really "next level" .....then as i read on i noticed that all the strains were were just crosses. A cultivar by its very definition is a line that has been worked and stabilized.

According to the international code of gnomenclature for cultivated plants this defines a cultivar....View attachment 818015
Notice it ses "selected for a particular characteristic" aka selective breeding
It also ses distinct, uniform and stable.

Cultivar is not just a word to throw around cuz it sounds fancy. anyone that knows anything about plant breeding knows its a very specific term.
Yes a Cultivar is a line that's been stabilized !!!
Like all 6 of my purple wreck crosses
Like all 3 of my Landraces
Like my NL & widow
My double grape krush (that's a f9)
& about 7 others not including my Hyperspace strain

And like all the others I plan on creating in the next few years
So Yeah I understand the definition fully and have made my fair share of Stabilized strains

Pics coming Soon !!!!
i was more interested in specifics. Breeding practices and techniques....?

What makes a good breeder to me...
Selective breeding, developing an actual strain over generations isolating desired traits, takin a strain further than f1, if all we're doin is takin a male and pollenating every clone only we can get our hands on or reversing the flavor of the month strain and usin it on every plant we have ...are we breeding or pollen chucking?
Aside from that transparency, customer service, all the other stuff u mentioned...

Imo, there arent real breeders anymore...just pollen chuckers. Im doin similar type "breeding" projects to what u are doing and by no means wud i consider myself anything more than a pollen chucker. Alls us "breeders" are doin nowadays is makin crosses. Were r not actually breeding in the Gregor mendel sense of the word. I am by no means suggesting that there isnt fire to be found by rubbing 2 fire strains together but breeding it is not.

Well I can agree to disagree as I'm not a pollen chucker & I completely agree with about 99% of what you said

Now as far as techniques I am familiar with alot of them I do Out Breeding as well as inbreeding & also know about squaring and cubing and have taken several strains past f1 & Selective Hybridization is key to breeding consistent plants & I know all about "Breeding" as you called it & will be posting plenty on here

As far as Breeding goes most people can't grasp specific concepts such as Mendelian inheritance & punnet squares (which I use)

Now as far as being a "Pollen Chucker" Goes I graduated from that 10+ years ago when I actually started to grasp what I was doing

But I Planned on Offering "Worked" & "Unworked" Lines to people because some people like doing their own selections and I'm all for it

Not here to Argue or Debate well have threads for that in the future
But Pics/Threads will be getting Posted Very soon !!!

Last edited:
Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

my answer is "STABLE" lines most chuckers don't work the plant numbers and devote the years into bringing a quality stable product to the table. True line breeding, stabilizing lines takes years of devotion, a keen eye for detail and a lot of patience. It also requires more note taking and keeping than required for a thesis or dissertation. And one must also have the ability to absorb the failures along with the successes without giving up.

Most importantly for lack of a better word, the REAL breeder must a have a passion for the plant and not let the lust for $$$$ get in the way of said passion.
Couldn't have said it better , that's what I'm trying to do & don't plan on stopping even as I get old and wrinkly !

I have no issues with criticism I actually gladly accept it & learn from it

& I agree about putting data and results over making money & Breeding Strong Genetics regardless of how long it takes

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Ace Seeds is one bank that is an example of long and tiresome breeding by some dedicated experts. I saw a show years ago of them collecting landrace strains in places like central Africa. I thought you was going to offer, like G gnome says, well developed genetics that you have bred for years. Pollen shucker is a good way to put it, LOL. :cool:

Actually I planned on eventually traveling to obtain more Genetics but I got too much on my plate right now

I want to go to Asia & India & Nepal for Genetics but that's gonna cost more money than I have to spend on Fun Things

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Nanner-rific gg4, in all crosses.... Jesus.
I'm sorry that your ""GG#4"" Is Nanner-ific

Mine Don't BARELY EVER Throw Nanners so Idk why yours does

& Just because Something has Herm Tendencies don't mean it's guaranteed to doom the next generation of seeds , That's what Testing Is For

& Seeing How Your One of Those GG#4 haters I'll Be sure To Give You The Link When I Make the Thread on The Continued Work w/ the Glue as I Plan to
& I've seen Countless GG#4 Crosses that never Herm and perform better than the Parents

Maybe since your so skeptical about the glue you should follow the Progress man

Blessings

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

So When I get To One of my rooms later today I'll post some pics , Don't have time to be on here all the time because I'm juggling 100 things at once but I'll Post Pics for Everybody or Maybe Create a thread

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

I think this the part where we say.....

Pix!!!!!....or it didnt happen.

I wud love to see some flower pix of the strains being used in these crosses
I'll have plenty of pics/threads for you in the near future

Blessings

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Excuse the crappy camera
That's one of the GG#4 in my stock
I'll post more after Breakfast

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Blue gelato cookies clone only
I'll post more later , got stuff to do

1532618338880 2065819386
Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

The gelato cookies just got done in quarantine because she Had gnats bad (thanks roots 707)

And I run TLO in custom supersoil under HPS , switching to Cob & DWC soon

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

This GG#4 is gonna be reversed in a Micro growing area & I expect no less than 1000 seeds from each of the crosses n I won't be growing them very big or focusing on size at all because this project is experimental and I'm mainly doing it because I'd like to document my journey with stabilizing the Gorilla Grow the way I'd like to

Call it a project aside from my other projects because I love the way Gorilla Glue taste I love the way it looks the way it yield the way it smells and I love the high so I want to reverse it and work it as much as possible as well as incorporating males into the mix

So for all the people that are skeptical be sure to stay tuned in because I've stabilized unstable strains before (several times)

So although I'm not obligated to and I don't need to I'm going to give everybody here a little background on myself
4th generation farmer
Been actually "breeding" and actually "doing the work" as @G gnome calls it
For 14 + years now
I actually almost stopped doing it all together because in 2014 I've lost over 60 strains half of which were my own work because the police conducted a raid and chopped everything and took all my seeds and ruined years of work (they don't like hallucinogenic substances)
Then finally 2 years later after doing my time in prison I came back to yet another empty grow room and no seeds whatsoever except the few they didn't find in the raid because 6 weeks prior to my release the cops came in once again to fuck up all of my hard work

So needless to say I didn't even entertain the thought of breeding anything until recently because of probation and other conditions restricting me from moving forward with my passion

So before anyone assumes I'm just some pollen chucker you should know the whole story first because I've been putting in work for years and will continue to put in work for years

Now for some more history
M.O.B. wouldn't be around if it weren't for us
My DJ Shorts Blueberry f12 was the mother of that Strain
Jerry Berry was the Father
Jerry Berry is a Family strain
Kinda like my NL , Widow , Landraces , f7 big bud & several others that are family strains , the Afghani being older than I am so I do believe I don't need to prove anything to anybody or bicker with anyone about my genetics or abilities as a "Breeder"
*** & if you Ain't Heard of M.O.B. then Google it but don't waste your time with TH Seeds version of M.O.B. cause its a Reversed cut of Jerry Berry nothing more

That all being said
I'll be sure to keep posting on here as well as creating some other threads and I look forward to everybody's criticism, thoughts, opinions and feedback and I wish everybody the best of luck in their endeavors

Blessings yall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom