Nice Looking Buds But Not Potent, How Long Do You Flower?

• Thread starter StandingRock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

My thoughts exactly. I've done three grows all clones from the same plant. I'll do some pheno hunting this winter
I was just about to ask if you've tried different phenos. Find your strain then order a 10 pack and snatch your favorite phenos.

One thing I've learned is that wet trimming ruins the buds. The chlorophyll smell and taste is much harder to shake. I also like the way those frosty leaves tighten up and encase the buds. It also kickstarts the curing process and I feel like that hard trichome armor is great protection against mold.

I use small hygrometers when I cure. It truly does make for the perfect cure because when she hits that 62%rh my daily jar burps become shorter so she can hover right there for a bit. I just like knowing when they hit optimal curing zone where I can slow things down a bit and have a little more control.

I also try to keep as much stem attached and I also cure with sugar leaves due to the fact that I personally feel they pull the buds tighter as they dry like leather. Idk why. Maybe because of that smell that's locked up in the stems when you snap them open. So i want those terpes! My cure improved x10 with this method.

Search "The perfect cure every time" on Google. It will be the first result. It's a thread from ICM.

Last edited:
P

PharmHand

It seems that the variation between test labs could be the reason for different results.
They may use different equipment, or inferior?
Steps taken in testing may vary.
The time it takes sample to get to labs, and way its shipped.
How experienced is the testing personnel?

Pick early or late, if your drying and curing is not spot on... bada boom!
So Strain?
Technique?
Harvest time?
Drying and curing?
Gotta be on ur A game...
Plus which lab you gonna go back to; the one who scores your bud higher or lower in cannabinoids? The guys who test higher charge more and are busier lol:)

Organikz

Organikz

I'd also like to mention that the flowering time is bullshit. Unless it's a landrace. hybrids can end up with ridiculous amounts of phenos all with different flowering periods, bud density, bud mass, trich production etc.

@DemonTrich is dead on. Use a usb microscope. Jeweler loops screw my eyes up and I think I can find a better window by taking pics of different areas ie top colas, middle colas, and lowers. Nice to have them all side by side.

StandingRock

StandingRock

I'd also like to mention that the flowering time is bullshit. Unless it's a landrace. hybrids can end up with ridiculous amounts of phenos all with different flowering periods, bud density, bud mass, trich production etc.

@DemonTrich is dead on. Use a usb microscope. Jeweler loops screw my eyes up and I think I can find a better window by taking pics of different areas ie top colas, middle colas, and lowers. Nice to have them all side by side.

Excellent points

StandingRock

StandingRock

I was just about to ask if you've tried different phenos. Find your strain then order a 10 pack and snatch your favorite phenos.

One thing I've learned is that wet trimming ruins the buds. The chlorophyll smell and taste is much harder to shake. I also like the way those frosty leaves tighten up and encase the buds. It also kickstarts the curing process and I feel like that hard trichome armor is great protection against mold.

I use small hygrometers when I cure. It truly does make for the perfect cure because when she hits that 62%rh my daily jar burps become shorter so she can hover right there for a bit. I just like knowing when they hit optimal curing zone where I can slow things down a bit and have a little more control.

I also try to keep as much stem attached and I also cure with sugar leaves due to the fact that I personally feel they pull the buds tighter as they dry like leather. Idk why. Maybe because of that smell that's locked up in the stems when you snap them open. So i want those terpes! My cure improved x10 with this method.

Search "The perfect cure every time" on Google. It will be the first result. It's a thread from ICM.

I couldn't agree more. Whole plant hang in 60*/60% for two weeks. Dry trim and it's ready for curing. It's nice I don't usually have to burp either. Stays about 60% humidity.

Organikz

Organikz

Youre overdrying. The curing process begins at 64% and is at its peak at 62%. That's why I try to hold it at 62 as.long as possible. At 60 you still have some curing going on, not much, it stops at 55%.

Read the article I posted "the perfect cure every time" in google.

Organikz

Organikz

If you're not burping youre not curing. Curing is slowly drying the inside of the bud. I start leaving my bud in the jar when it will read at 62% within the hour. By morning the moisture leaches out and the rh rises to 65% which is when I leave the jar open with hygrometer until it drops back down to 63. I repeat this until it stabalizes at 64 then I burp each day for about 10 minutes. Once it hits 62 I'm pretty much just exchanging the air inside and closing it.

Organikz

Organikz

Once it hits 58% technically 60% it can be stored for a long period. I wait until I'm reading 58% because let's be honest these hygrometers aren't science lab quality.

Organikz

Organikz

If it destabilizes you can adjust. This happens because the moisture exchange begins happening at different rates depending on the inner moisture compared to middle and outer shell of the bud.

For instance if i've started in the jar and then the rh keeps wanting to jump to 65 within the hour even after a 10 minute burp i just put it in a paper bag over night then put it back in the jar come morning or if it starts jumping to 63 after I've started doing air exchange only burps I return to a 10 minute burp schedule. Different nug densities will act differently.

Note if the outside of my bud ever gets moist I set it on newspaper and put it in a cabinet. My thinking is I always want the outside of the bud crispy almost to ensure the moisture is steadily and evenly wicking to the outside of the bud. I dont want stagnant moisture. Locked up moisture is a calling card for mold. I also feel like it pulls the nugs tighter. Believe it or not you are creating a pressure in the moisture exchange. Its call vapor pressure.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

Sorry here's some info that will help this time around. I would just do an air exchange only burp for 2 weeks just like you're curing. It's possible to pull it back up to 62%. There's gotta be a little moisture in there. But then again all the moisture may have exhanged since you dry at 60%.

Last edited:
epitome

epitome

I consider myself almost a cash cropper as I make my living growing. But I also expect quality from my Garden. I use no placos , or outrageous amounts of bloom boosters. Just a standard hydroponic nutrients with feeds maxed out at 600 ppm ( 1.2ec) on my hungriest strains with most of my feeds in the 450-550 ppm range.
Nothing wrong with that, I'm not hating at all, just the stigma is strong with flowers from commercial grows, even from some of the industries best growers, Flower is king in my world and the concentrates are commonly concentrates of flower that falls short of "top shelf" flower price....

Tardbuster

Tardbuster

Bad genetics. The seedbank stuff is wack. No such thing as a 45 day strain. No such thing as a 60day strain either. Just an illusion. Only one motivation for the trends of cutting down lush green produce that have not finished their annual cycle... Same with oranges. "gas em on the delivery truck, the consumers don't know quality"

Non gmo cannabis is cured on the stalk. Ripeness, smell, flavor and potency always on same schedule. The GMO stuff is bred for quick fiber growth and one cannabinoid. Do you think the seedbank is making sure everything else is developed as quickly? They don't test their weed, they go by looks. Not the effects. All the "breeders" with seed websites are opportunist businessmen, nothing more.

Some beans get a smell in veg and its gone by harvest. WACK. Others claim to be 8 week strains but have to be chopped immediately and cured for 3 months minimum. Why can't I be growing more buds during those 3 months, and cure on the plant? No, I have to let my bulky premie bud figure out where it's smell went and retrieve it amongst the chlorophyll. WACK. Paranoia or heady from 8 week harvest? It's a crap shoot. Why are paranoia strains still being sold? Overripe buds is now a thing too? WACK.

Seriously, one mans beans lose potency after week 8. Another's gain potency. I have empty jars of weed i gave away because it had no smell. The empty jars smell like dank 6 months later, the weed never smelled like dank. Wtf.. None of today's beans are predictable. Its like they've got nano bots attached. Sesquiterps come and go.. I never seen bud harvested without sesquiterps until i started growing modern seed stock.

Anyways, the plant does not care if it's attached to the root or not, it doesn't care if it's been engineered to produced faster fiber growth. The plant still has to finish a spring-fall sine wave cycle to be a natural product. Seedbanks can't speed up an unnatural cycle of 12/12 light. They can only confuse the plant into producing too much of one thing too quickly and not enough of another.

Growing from seed has been ruined by commercial interest.. Bunch of square wave basement dweller vampire garbage. These slave plants are getting tossed. Its landrace Durban for next time. I want to get HIGH, not confused by my weed.

Last edited:
nocollins2k

nocollins2k

I don't think u could go wrong w anything from exotic, relentless, thc development, alien, dungeon vault to name a few.... I'm sure there's many more good ones those are just ones I've tried fairly recently been ver happy with......Gotta be genetic, sounds like you gave yours the right conditions to reach their potential :)
what new alien did you try...

Top Bottom