Nipples

• Thread starter Dusty Nuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dusty Nuggz

Dusty Nuggz

My last run was LSD and my top cola started to nipple. At first I thought maybe it was time to chop but I just kept on paying attention to my trichomes.it sort of looked like it was growing horns. I’m just wondering Is there any negative effects when this happens?

Nipples
Dusty Nuggz

Dusty Nuggz

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I get nipples on my old mostly Sativa strain, Matanuska Thunderf**k. When I see the little green worm sticking out of the main colas, I know the time is here. I usually start to get some funky single bladed leaves as well. It is a little different than foxtailing, but it is more common in fully finished plants. I usually see purple in the buds and leaves when I see the nips, or horns, or worms... whatever you want to call it!

Phylex

Phylex

It’s my understanding that fox tailing can be good or bad, genetic or caused by heat/light stress.

The good: genetic; most commonly found in some Sativas from tropical regions. Which would make sense. They’ve adapted to their environment as fox tailing is usually a defense mechanism to help dissipate heat. Plants that genetically foxtail tend to have a higher THC content.

The bad: heat/light stress related. Fox tailing can occur from heat/light stress due to intensity, of which LED or HPS are the most susceptible. In this case, the calyces are focusing on spiral growth away from the normal structure, in an attempt to dissipate heat. This focus on stressed growth can have a negative affect on overall THC content.

Monitoring environmental temps, surface leaf temps, raising the light, or dimming the light can aid in alleviating these stressors if you’re starting to see signs of fox tailing and they’re in fact not genetic.

Dusty Nuggz

Dusty Nuggz

It’s my understanding that fox tailing can be good or bad, genetic or caused by heat/light stress.

The good: genetic; most commonly found in some Sativas from tropical regions. Which would make sense. They’ve adapted to their environment as fox tailing is usually a defense mechanism to help dissipate heat. Plants that genetically foxtail tend to have a higher THC content.

The bad: heat/light stress related. Fox tailing can occur from heat/light stress due to intensity, of which LED or HPS are the most susceptible. In this case, the calyces are focusing on spiral growth away from the normal structure, in an attempt to dissipate heat. This focus on stressed growth can have a negative affect on overall THC content.

Monitoring environmental temps, surface leaf temps, raising the light, or dimming the light can aid in alleviating these stressors if you’re starting to see signs of fox tailing and they’re in fact not genetic.
I wonder if mine was do to light stress. By the end of flower my light height was maxed and the top cola was about 13 inches and I know it’s recommended to be 18 inches. I’m using a HLG 135v but I dialed down my light and my temps were staying under 80. Thanks for the reply 👍

Top Bottom