Nitrogen poisoning

• Thread starter Kate Pearson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kate Pearson

Kate Pearson

Good morning 😀
I've overfed Charlotte and her leaves have gone a very dark green. Having googled, I've concluded that I've fed her too much Miracle Grow or tomato feed and has nitrogen poisoning. She lives in my greenhouse and is either an Auto #1 or an AK Advanced Female (got my seeds muddled up, so not sure which. Both dwarf varieties)
Charlotte has been flowering for a number of weeks (due to lockdown I've lost track of time so can't say exactly how long - around 3 weeks possibly) but her hairs, although changing from white to orange, are still predominantly white.
My question is. Should I harvest her now (because of nitrogen issue) or wait and give her plenty of plain water (flush?)
Many thanks.

KLight03

KLight03

Good morning 😀
I've overfed Charlotte and her leaves have gone a very dark green. Having googled, I've concluded that I've fed her too much Miracle Grow or tomato feed and has nitrogen poisoning. She lives in my greenhouse and is either an Auto #1 or an AK Advanced Female (got my seeds muddled up, so not sure which. Both dwarf varieties)
Charlotte has been flowering for a number of weeks (due to lockdown I've lost track of time so can't say exactly how long - around 3 weeks possibly) but her hairs, although changing from white to orange, are still predominantly white.
My question is. Should I harvest her now (because of nitrogen issue) or wait and give her plenty of plain water (flush?)
Many thanks.
Hi @Kate Pearson, can you please post some pictures in regular light?

Kate Pearson

Kate Pearson

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
If you are gonna harvest - finish with regular (ph corrected to 6.1-6.3) water. I'd suggest to not use RO water, as that creates other problems.
edit-
Photos just dropped. Those don't look bad. A little toasty on the ends and more time for flower looks to be where you are. Those flowers can get alot bigger if you are gonna be nice and patient.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

your case of n-toxicity doesn't look too bad....correct its watering/feeding, and these plants should recover quickly, check new growth for any more n-toxicity.....i've had worse bouts.

keep going, no need to pull up stumps, full course.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Miricle grow is not suitable for growing weed, not only do they put food in the mix so everytime you water you feed, but they put sodium in the mix ( salt ) buy a mix made for weed, most people who buy there mix use fox farms, pro mix, or in the UK bio bizz, i recommend fox farms ocean forest.

Kate Pearson

Kate Pearson

Miricle grow is not suitable for growing weed, not only do they put food in the mix so everytime you water you feed, but they put sodium in the mix ( salt ) buy a mix made for weed, most people who buy there mix use fox farms, pro mix, or in the UK bio bizz, i recommend fox farms ocean forest.
Very expensive though! What money I save growing my own, will disappear on plant food.

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

Once you see clawing and a waxy look on the edge of leafs that's when n toxicity is getting bad. Plants overall look good. Also on money I think ff trio is $45ish. That's like 2 3 days of buying bud lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This may be that one special time where the feed goes to a potassium-phosphorus (PK) kick. Nitrogen is expressly excluded.

The recipe changes just once, for a week or so. This may be why there is a sense of pouting from your plant.
This^^^ It's not a nitrogen tox here. IMO its the very beginning of K deficiency

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

This may be that one special time where the feed goes to a potassium-phosphorus (PK) kick. Nitrogen is expressly excluded.

The recipe changes just once, for a week or so. This may be why there is a sense of pouting from your plant.
Awesome info, looking more into this. Possibly why I noticed minor n tox recently on 2 plants that are younger.

Top Bottom