Nitrogen Toxicity

• Thread starter Newbie987
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbie987

Newbie987

Hey guys!
I've been in attempted of my first grow for about a month and half now. I've recently realised I have a nitrogen toxicity due to me reading my calmag bottle and finding out it contains 2.5% of Nitrogon!
They all look poorly with burnt leaves and dry leaves although new grow doesn't look to bad just yet. I've flushed them yesterday until the water was clear and got a run off ppm of about 130-140. My question are. Should I just leave flushing them now and give low nutes without or a little nitrogen until they've got what's left in the soils and then give nitrogen nutes when there's an improvement or do I flush a few more days and just give water until improvement also I'm in coco

Newbie987

Newbie987

Thank you. I'll jump back on base nutes tomorrow. Also they are auto flowers and 6 week old from seed. They stated on the site they take 10-12 week but they've still not started to flow just showing sign of sex but still rapid root growth

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Looks more like over or under watering than N tox
Lift the pots and water them heavily until water runs out the bottom when they feel lightweight.

Newbie987

Newbie987

They are under watered as I've flushed them one or twice. They've been flushed and left over night. My coco dries out pretty quick once dry enough should I start my base nutes? I'm getting like 120-130ppm run off atm

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
That will get you every time in coco. I keep mine in shallow storage totes without lids and if Im gonna be gone so I cant water them I overwater and let them sit in the runoff.
Or just fill the tote and let them draw up water from the drain holes.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

if it is a nitrogen problem give them no nutrients until they bounce back just clean phd water then when u see them start to make a turn for the better the. Start adding nutrients again

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

if it is a nitrogen problem give them no nutrients until they bounce back just clean phd water then when u see them start to make a turn for the better the. Start adding nutrients again
please dont ever tell anyone to give straight water in coco again.. That is totally wrong. Dont ever do that, at least if you dont want problems... Just make your nutes up exactly as they say on the bottle and you need calimagic too.. Add the cal first! then the nutes then add water tell u have diluted it down to 1 ec... if you dont have a meter, i would for every 2 cups of mix add 2 cups of ro.... thats 50% in theory.. 3 cups of mix and 1 cup of water, 75% strength.. then ph that to 6..... if you want them to live you will follow this advice.. if you want them to walk the green mile keep giving them plain water..... i would give 50% for a week and if they get light green on us we will up to 75% amd we will watch till they tell us when we have found the sweet spot...
And when i say water i mean RO water... dont skimp the calmag.. its mandatory... go learn about cation exchange in coco... good luck!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

please dont ever tell anyone to give straight water in coco again.. That is totally wrong. Dont ever do that, at least if you dont want problems... Just make your nutes up exactly as they say on the bottle and you need calimagic too.. Add the cal first! then the nutes then add water tell u have diluted it down to 1 ec... if you dont have a meter, i would for every 2 cups of mix add 2 cups of ro.... thats 50% in theory.. 3 cups of mix and 1 cup of water, 75% strength.. then ph that to 6..... if you want them to live you will follow this advice.. if you want them to walk the green mile keep giving them plain water..... i would give 50% for a week and if they get light green on us we will up to 75% amd we will watch till they tell us when we have found the sweet spot...
And when i say water i mean RO water... dont skimp the calmag.. its mandatory... go learn about cation exchange in coco... good luck!
oh ya,, water every day at lights on till you get 20% run off.. that means for every 10 ml i want 2 to come out the bottom....

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

The calmag is necessary - because of the way coco needs to have a calcium cation buffer. There are preparations with a lower N component - http://www.safergro.com/products/biomin-calcium/

I would say - you are getting insoluble salt accumulation from whatever you are putting in the water going in this coco. Too much nutrient for the container size or something going on with PH.
good advice ...

Newbie987

Newbie987

I've taken a run off reading and its at 120ppm. I don't know wether to give a well diluted light feed and bring the run off to about 250-300ppm or leave it until my run off drops under 100pm my water has a ppm of 114ppm and there's been no growth today

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I've taken a run off reading and its at 120ppm. I don't know wether to give a well diluted light feed and bring the run off to about 250-300ppm or leave it until my run off drops under 100pm my water has a ppm of 114ppm and there's been no growth today
Dont waste your time reading run off... its just not a good measure for coco.. your trying to treat coco like soil,, they are 2 different medians. I told you what to do! If you refuse to treat coco properly, you will suffer till it dies... I can only give you advice, its up to you to follow it..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

And post some pics of the whole plants so we can see structure and how the plant looks at the bottom as well as the top...

Newbie987

Newbie987

I use 2ml a and 2ml b followed with .5ml calmag per litre so to minimise the potential of nute burn is add an extra litre in to dilute it better? Also do I feed daily with nutes or once a week. Canna feed guide says to feed once a week at 40ml per 10 litres

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I use 2ml a and 2ml b followed with .5ml calmag per litre so to minimise the potential of nute burn is add an extra litre in to dilute it better? Also do I feed daily with nutes or once a week. Canna feed guide says to feed once a week at 40ml per 10 litres
Dont ever feed coco once a week, always every day! mandatory! And i would cut the calmag to 2 ml per gal, and set youe ec to 1. Do u have an ec meter?

Top Bottom