Nitrogen Toxicity

• Thread starter Newbie987
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Also you need not worry about drowning the roots bc coco by volume holds 20 percent o2 so by flushing in this way you will pull enough fresh o2 into the mix to keep the roots alive.

Newbie987

Newbie987

thank you, much appreciated given me better understand and more knowledge

Newbie987

Newbie987

I have my water in a tank but I don't have an air pump in (I have got one on hand) but I'm using fabric pots

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Hey just checked your posts you been Doing a lot to get this grow started off. I do hope the info you have now makes your load a little lighter. We have a lot of questions I still do to this day. Hope this can become enjoyable for you as it's something you obviously want to be good at. Keep up the good work man.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Dont wait for the top few inches of coco to be dry, thats way too dry for coco. Water heavily until you get runoff, lift pot and water again when the pot feels lighter than right after watering.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I got a situation here that seriously calls for the top two inches being marginally dry. Like below that I can feel some moisture. That's when I water

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

difficult to explain... kinda like the same way I would have watered soil...

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I use calmag every watering in coco until two weeks into flower with no issues, 5ml per gallon. Coco needs extra calmag and you never let the top few inches of coco dry out before watering, that will cause all kinds of issues.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Im gonna back away, i dont do the 15 ppl giving you advice.. I ve read 3 pages of bs and im not interested in being part of it, and to the one that said you not incorrect, your so incorrect you dont even know it! OP if your plants die and you start some more and you want to take my advice and tell the others to push rocks, well send me a pm and i will invite you to a thread with over 50 yrs of combined growing knowledge, and 2 of the best at this farm in coco! I would put the names out here but there prob tired of me linking them to ppl that have real advice, and then after, go off and believe some member who read an article, and copy and pasted some sentences to sound smart.. I would of stopped this dead in its tracks but i have a real job and cant man the threads 24/7... Good luck op!

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I use calmag every watering in coco until two weeks into flower with no issues, 5ml per gallon. Coco needs extra calmag and you never let the top few inches of coco dry out before watering, that will cause all kinds of issues.

The risk of alowing the coco to dry is the ec will fluctuate and could burn the plants correct? I've heard that keeping the coco too moist attracts fungus nat and a risk of root rot?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

but it doesnt need 5 ml because
1, canna coco A+B is conditioned for coco...
2. Once you have built up the cation exchange less is needed and thats why you wing off of it about week 5 or 6
3. His calmag has 2.5% N and it has caused many memebers here a learning curve because of the 2.5

I imagine your using calimag like me eh?

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

@EventHorizan would you mind me reaching out if I end up lost anytime soon? Think I've got most the kinks worked out...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

@EventHorizan would you mind me reaching out if I end up lost anytime soon? Think I've got most the kinks worked out...
I dont mind giving my time because the person that taught me ask that when i understood that i take the time to help others, as he helped me... So yes just pm me or tag me, i do work full time so sometimes i cant get back quickly on a question always...

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I dont mind giving my time because the person that taught me ask that when i understood that i take the time to help others, as he helped me... So yes just pm me or tag me, i do work full time so sometimes i cant get back quickly on a question always...

Thank you in advance ;)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Ok not wrong actually he said he had to flush plant until water was clean so obviously there is still a certain level of nutrients in the grow medium whatever it might Be granted u will still need nutrients to a certain degree but starting with a clean slate is not a bad way to go learning to read your plant and realize what it's telling u is key if tha plant is telling u to add more to there feeding then you do coco u jut have to be a lil more careful sooo what I said was not incorrect thanx
your post was incorrect, and this reply is a ramble of gitterish...
now lets just call it even here, and i will promise not to call you out on your mis-info and you promise not to advise anymore ppl :) Deal?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I use botanicare cocogro buffered coco mixed with perlite and botanicare calmag+ with iron 2-0-0, 5 ml per gallon from first feeding, every watering until 2 weeks into flower after the flower stretch is done. I then switch to cool bloom 5ml per gallon along with switching to flower nutes. With tap water that sits in a bucket with a bubble,stone overnight.

Top Bottom