NL #5...where did it go?

• Thread starter DeJaVu Seeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oil

oil

I grew mr mice’s nl5xafghan which was pretty nice. Smelled like chem dog when you opened the tent. Taste was much more berry influenced. Their Ortega is nl5xnl1 which might be worth checking out. Also for sure skunk1 was never rks. I just got a pack of 89 skunk1 from sssc that he did a seed increase of and he said it was mainly that cheesy citrusy sweet skunk .

DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

Success! I have obtained NL #5 from Green Stash. Bought 20 seeds, and they threw in 5 of what they call 'old school Northern Lights'. These are supposed to be original open pollinated seeds from a breeder called simply 'The Indian' who lived on an island and had developed the strain in its infancy. They also threw in other freebies that sound excellent.

Also, I am honored to own Skunk #1 seeds from Mel Frank's personal seed runs in 1996 and 2010.

Also, I have preordered Original Haze from Todd McCormick.

They are in deep storage until I get around to that project.

Thank you all for the tips and info.

PepeLePew

PepeLePew

Original pure NL#5 is hard to find in current times. I received it from AK Bean Brains. It’s a cut from 1992. Real Deal. NL#5 and NL#2 is alive and well. It’s the NL#1 that seems to be hardest to find and possibly gone? I know someone trying to bring it back though, they are working on it as we speak.

Kindfolk

Kindfolk

what happened with Oasis aka NL#2? it was offered for years by Dutch Passion and advertised as "one of their best selling strains" now it's no longer offered for sale anywhere that I am aware of...
one of my first online seed bank purchases
I got 9 females from a pack and that's after losing one unsexed seedling to an accident
I kept three ladies and later narrowed it down to one lemon pledge like you just walked into the room after someone polish the furniture
strong lemon pine sol flavor that wasn't for everyone but I loved it!
she cloned easier than most strains I've grown
above average in the potency department
a mostly Indica effect with a noticeable sativa influence to the high
a solid 8 out of 10 in my book
back in the day...

chillywilly

chillywilly

The first link I posted are regular seeds, not fem. Seems to be many places selling them.

Flowering Time:45-55 days
Height at maturity:2-3 feet
Yield:up to 525 grams
HeritageNorthern Lights
(F-5 IBL)

As to if it's the "real" NL #5. You will never know. There is no way to know. The closest thing you can get is subjective. Someone trying it and comparing it to a memory.

Here in BC, NL #5 never went away. It's been around since I was a kid, never went away and I've been smoking it the entire time. Never noticed a change.
But again, that's all subjective.

As for skunk #1. It's gone. Many things have claimed to be skunk #1, but none of them are. Everything I've seen skunk these days is fruity almost citrus, with very very very little actual skunk smell.
The skunk I and many other people remember from late 80s early 90s was burnt rubber levels of stink. So bad (good) it was almost impossible to stop the smell.

If that skunk ever came back, I'd be all over it like white on rice.
Greetings, definitely do remember the ORIGINAL SK#1 from 1984 in New Mexico... Those flowers REEKED like never before, stunk everything up from your clothes to the whole room👍 but I think there are 2 versions one being thai/acapulco gold/afghani, and the other a columbian/acapulco gold/afghani... the first one is the real deal with finger looking flowers and not like you "normaly" see, and was very bright green and sugar dipped... a one hit wonder

Domon8n30

Domon8n30

Ten years ago, you could buy Northern Lights #1, #3, #5 and a lot of genetics were introduced to California and the world. I wish I had saved some of our seeds, but alas, I wasn't as forward thinking in my youth as I should have been.

I can find seeds for NL x Haze, NL x Skunk, etc, etc...but he is NOT coming off of any more Northern Lights pure seeds.

Is there anyone here who might have NL #5 still? I know the breeders do, but who sells REGULAR seeds for nl #5 anymore?
Royal queen seed I got 3 NL autos for 20 bucks
IMG 20201221 160955161
IMG 20201212 175135456
IMG 20201212 175135456

IMG 20201212 174927236
johnursery

johnursery

Peak seeds has an old northern lights. Not sure which one it is though

johnursery

johnursery

I have a theory rks was super skunk though I only had what was ever always said was just skunk usually people dropped if it was Shiva skunk or super skunk or anything else skunk just like today sometimes the type of kush gets lost and people just sell it as kush down the line. Just a theory though as I was just a teen in the 90's and very well possibly never knew the real rks even though the pungent rotten skunk smell that permeates double bag description every one knows checks out from memory

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have a theory rks was super skunk though I only had what was ever always said was just skunk usually people dropped if it was Shiva skunk or super skunk or anything else skunk just like today sometimes the type of kush gets lost and people just sell it as kush down the line. Just a theory though as I was just a teen in the 90's and very well possibly never knew the real rks even though the pungent rotten skunk smell that permeates double bag description every one knows checks out from memory

true original skunk is from the late 60’s early 70’s and was a hybrid of mexican sativas. It smelled more of overcoming odor of rotten flowers. And it was the strongest stuff i ever smoked. Completely debilitating effects.

RKS is just a pheno of the much later hybrid skunk 1 like cheese. It smelled of skunks for sure and can fill a room with stench in seconds but effect wise it was not like real skunk weed was. More like chemdog or something. Really potent but not the magic skunk from the old days.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Ten years ago, you could buy Northern Lights #1, #3, #5 and a lot of genetics were introduced to California and the world. I wish I had saved some of our seeds, but alas, I wasn't as forward thinking in my youth as I should have been.

I can find seeds for NL x Haze, NL x Skunk, etc, etc...but he is NOT coming off of any more Northern Lights pure seeds.

Is there anyone here who might have NL #5 still? I know the breeders do, but who sells REGULAR seeds for nl #5 anymore?

Nl 5 was a female plant...no seeds! Fem'd seeds maybe. But not regs

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Todd McCormick does have the Original NL5, from the Original Breeder/Seattle Greg McCallister, and he gave them to Todd for the purpose of repopulation, and spreading them to the masses. The guy that supplied Greg with the the Hawaiian side of the genetics for the REAL NL5 also wants to do a collaboration with McCormick, and has been verified as the original holder of the genetics.. Todd will have the original NL5 for sale May 1st.

This is a BIG Sativ a type plant, and is not the short NL5 we all know, and love. I loved the Sensi NL5, but its medium/Small plant, and structurally nothing like the old Sensi NL5, of which now, they dont even sell.

johnursery

johnursery

what happened with Oasis aka NL#2? it was offered for years by Dutch Passion and advertised as "one of their best selling strains" now it's no longer offered for sale anywhere that I am aware of...
one of my first online seed bank purchases
I got 9 females from a pack and that's after losing one unsexed seedling to an accident
I kept three ladies and later narrowed it down to one lemon pledge like you just walked into the room after someone polish the furniture
strong lemon pine sol flavor that wasn't for everyone but I loved it!
she cloned easier than most strains I've grown
above average in the potency department
a mostly Indica effect with a noticeable sativa influence to the high
a solid 8 out of 10 in my book
back in the day...
I just saw Northern lights #2 on strainly if that helps

Top Bottom