No disrespect to my fellow farmers, but where the f are all the UC grows?

• Thread starter hiboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hiboy

hiboy

My amigos, my brothers, my friends, my teachers,
has the uc grows disappeared or am i just too fuckin hi
With the new posts by the one and only J, using it for moms,
should i be worried to set mine up or should i dump it on craigs list
Give me some input my brother and sister growers.
h

I

ibTheMan

People got smart, ditched them things and saved there selfs headache, you should probably do the same, those brakey, leaky things. but thats just my opinion.

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

I still have my UC EVO 12XL13 in the box. The room is about 3 weeks from being done. I kinda wish I wouldn't have gone with the UC, I should have just gone with a drip. I'm in this room for over $12k you need so much equipment for the UC it gets the cost up there!!! Don't get me wrong I'm totally stoked to try this system but I think it's a bit intimidating. Please keep me positive about the UC and post some pics of your UC show :movie

hiboy

hiboy

I still have my UC EVO 12XL13 in the box. The room is about 3 weeks from being done. I kinda wish I wouldn't have gone with the UC, I should have just gone with a drip. I'm in this room for over $12k you need so much equipment for the UC it gets the cost up there!!! Don't get me wrong I'm totally stoked to try this system but I think it's a bit intimidating. Please keep me positive about the UC and post some pics of your UC show :movie

My brotha
i am at one with u,
let this UC do what my deepest darkest innermost feelings desire.
I've followed along, hiding in the blackness, watching, waiting, stalking all these new UC grows. Ive seen glourious things, i've watched countless grows slither down to the abyss, blackness and brown roots ruling glory over once holy white roots.
Ive seen so many successful victories with motha canna, riding with no bounds, her supreme tastes and yields screaming more more more.

Listen up all vet or rook uc growers, give me words of faith or set me free
After all time is short
h:hi:hi

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I am runnin 4 setups right now day in day out with killer success, I am in the process of adding a couple more to the game right now...I have pretty much had zero problems, other than not havin a drain in one of my rooms to service the setup.

Just pulled down one 8 site and it was killer, just over 4lbs with zero veg time in the system...got 2 six sites and another 10 site comin down this week as well

I have literally had zero issues in 40+ runs now in everything from 4 to 40 site setups in basements, warehouses, out buildings, and spare bedrooms...I also have moved every setup at least once and still no issues with leaking what so ever...KY jelly goes a long way..lol

If you have never grown hydro or are not that seasoned of a grower, it can be a tricky conversion, but that applies to all hydro..go knock out a DWC setup and be successfull right outta the box if you haven't ever grown in that way....stumble and fall and get back in it, thats the way it goes. The difference is that a DWC setup will only set you back $40 total, which makes it alot easier to stomach failure, probably don't even tell anybody or post when ya messed up, but mess up in a system that cost a few bucks and ya tell everyone from sea to shining sea that the system sucks...just human nature i guess.

Honestly, there are no more or less issues with the UC system than any other one out there, ever ran waterfarms or megafarms?..the cost of learning is just a little more because of the cost of the system is initially more and people seem to be stretching themselves financially thin to get these systems with the hope that it is the be all end all of dank production machine to solve their money woes with little effort or knowledge on their part...just doesn't work that way. This is not a plug and play system and the cost doesn't change that at all, you still gotta grow.

The best tool I have found so far is just paying attention to the plants and ridin the ph, thats it, not crazy nute schemes, not any root treatments, not different strains, I just follow the nute charts, keep my temps and ph in check..hell I didn't even change the res over between runs last time and didn't do a single complete nute change, just stacked the entire time and rode the ph, so i am well over 13 weeks and two runs now with not even a res change in a setup

I will say this though, if you can't figure out a DWC, Ebb&Flow, or waterfarm and have success with them...you should steer away from the UC system. If you just want to water some plants and watch them grow, stick with dirt.

Tex

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I am on my second grow and the first was not so good, this grow is more than I expected and you can check it out in my sig. I really like the system and will keep at it. I am also going to run another 9 site system for a total of 4 systems. Two veg systems and 2 flower. I made some mistakes the first time but there is a learning curve and improvising is not recommended. I have grown in dirt, ebb and flow and DWC this setup is the best I have ever used, You will not grow as good as plants any other way. IMHO You should also look at all the DIY RDWC grows in the Hydroponics section here. This thread is response by UC so no DIY systems here.

My last grow I never changed my res. I just stacked with my auto feed system and it worked great. My only issue this grow was I did not get all the plants cages and the plants got real big and sugary. From what I can figger out the cost of the UC is not out of line, they use quality parts. There are other sites that have UC systems and are killing it. When you see what you can grow with the UC you will understand. One of my UC plants is equal to 8 to 10 of my organic plants and here are some other reasons

Rock hard buds, I mean ROCK Hard
More trichromes, way more
Much more large buds, big buds every where
1/2 the food used in any other type of growing
Smell I never knew my plants smelled this way. (been growing this strain for 8 years)
I can leave my system for a week and do nothing, depends on how much they drink as I only have a 45gal auto fill res.
Tons of help here from guys that have been doing this a long time. TK started 3 years ago.
System has been on the market for 8 years

So get her going and keep it simple.

FLB

FLB

I am runnin 4 setups right now day in day out with killer success, I am in the process of adding a couple more to the game right now...I have pretty much had zero problems, other than not havin a drain in one of my rooms to service the setup.

Just pulled down one 8 site and it was killer, just over 4lbs with zero veg time in the system...got 2 six sites and another 10 site comin down this week as well

I have literally had zero issues in 40+ runs now in everything from 4 to 40 site setups in basements, warehouses, out buildings, and spare bedrooms...I also have moved every setup at least once and still no issues with leaking what so ever...KY jelly goes a long way..lol

If you have never grown hydro or are not that seasoned of a grower, it can be a tricky conversion, but that applies to all hydro..go knock out a DWC setup and be successfull right outta the box if you haven't ever grown in that way....stumble and fall and get back in it, thats the way it goes. The difference is that a DWC setup will only set you back $40 total, which makes it alot easier to stomach failure, probably don't even tell anybody or post when ya messed up, but mess up in a system that cost a few bucks and ya tell everyone from sea to shining sea that the system sucks...just human nature i guess.

Honestly, there are no more or less issues with the UC system than any other one out there, ever ran waterfarms or megafarms?..the cost of learning is just a little more because of the cost of the system is initially more and people seem to be stretching themselves financially thin to get these systems with the hope that it is the be all end all of dank production machine to solve their money woes with little effort or knowledge on their part...just doesn't work that way. This is not a plug and play system and the cost doesn't change that at all, you still gotta grow.

The best tool I have found so far is just paying attention to the plants and ridin the ph, thats it, not crazy nute schemes, not any root treatments, not different strains, I just follow the nute charts, keep my temps and ph in check..hell I didn't even change the res over between runs last time and didn't do a single complete nute change, just stacked the entire time and rode the ph, so i am well over 13 weeks and two runs now with not even a res change in a setup

I will say this though, if you can't figure out a DWC, Ebb&Flow, or waterfarm and have success with them...you should steer away from the UC system. If you just want to water some plants and watch them grow, stick with dirt.

Tex

Very sound advice....I just did a run with zero rez changes myself. If everything(ph,water temps, misc.) all stay in check there is no reason why this does not work. The thing I like about playin in the water is the ease of it once you get set up. There have been weeks where I might spend 30 mins total working the garden. And the growth from hydro is unbelievable!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I do have a few years playing with the systems in all kinds of crazy setups and that definately does help...alot

Tex

S

southern

Good question hiboy. I was feeling the same way. Got the UC because of this forum! I love it.

F

fuzzy

love it

Im loving the diy system i made.On my 4th round now with some sd clones fixen to go in.Havent had any problems so far and the growth is incredible compared to hempies.just my 2 pennies though peace,fuzzy

hiboy

hiboy

Thanks TK and woods for some honest insight. Like most farmers, i dont wanna build this and fail... currently im in flood trays, both top feed and the basic (flooding).
Heres the factor, im doing an addition at the house, with workers and inspectors visiting. So i tore down the grow room, and am counting the days to build a new room.
I have a ucxl12 i hooked on craigs list, with a 1 hp eco chiller still in the crate. With the uc room i would go vert and dump them hoods, back to trays i would hang the hoods. Pretty much i would frame the walls at 7' wide, so either way i wouldnt have to reframe it all.
Still got a couple months b4 this project will be ready to blast off, but for me planning is key. Especially with newborn twins, i got plenty of time to design, plenty.

So any rookie uc growers wana fill my head with some thoughts, im dying to hear
h

I

Innov8tr

Tex Kid is exactly right. I had 2 bad runs with the UC system but knocked it out of the park on my 3 run and now my 4th run looks even better. My problem was with root rot but now that I'm running a compeltely sterile setup I've had no issues. I've had failures with other systems too, failures aren't exclusive to the UC. With this system I've almost achieved the 2lbs per light which I had never done before...I got 7/8 of a lb per plant, 3k watts, 6 plants.

The trick is to KISS. My suggestion is to stay away from the additives, RE, basically anything that will drive up PPM's and dirty up the system. To pull in almost 2 per 1k watt I used GH 3 part, pk 13/14, and mag pro with weekly water changes with RO water. I use zone and pythoff to sterilize the system and I put it in my top off water which I keep chilled too. My suggestion for a newbie....

1. Make sure you use a chiller and keep between 65-70
2. Rooted clones at 150-250 PPM, slowly increase to 500-750 ppm for veg, 800-900 for transition, 900-1200 for late flowering. Being new its better to under do it than over do it.
3. Weekly water changes which aren't necessary but can't hurt
4. IME keep the water level 1.5" on the pot through the full cycle, this will alow the sterilizers to get in to the root ball.
5. For newbies....stay away from organics and additives....keep it clean
6. Get a ph doser, you can make one for about $200 and worth it
7. Don't dump ph up or down or nuts straight in the epi center without diluting it.
8. I top feed rooted clones constantly with a dripper for a week or so to get the roots going faster. I always remove it after the roots come out of the pots. This speeds up the veg cycle for me.
9. Oh and always wash the shit out of the hydroton rocks, wash, wash, and then wash again.

Things that will kill you cycle....
1. Letting the UC get warm
2. Over fertilizing can stunt the growth and cost you time....less is more!
3. Pythium/root rot, I would recommend for newbies just running a sterile system and keep the water level on the pots
4. PH problems, a doser is an easy fix.
5. Not washing the rock properly, dust gets on roots and causes problems with uptake.

Personally I like this system the best because it really simple to use. I don't have do anything but prune my plants and change the water. Also there are far less plants to deal with than any other system I have used...less clones, smaller mothers etc. I'm using 6 plants instead of 36 like I was. There is very little waste after a harvest (6 pots of hydroton) and even though I do weekly water changes the nutrient costs are very low in comparison to the harvests.

Good luck and don't get discouraged. There will be a learning curve on any system that you use. People that left the UC because of problems tells me that they never figured out how to fix the problems they were experiencing. I had to learn how to use the UC for MY application and once I did know I will never go back.

hiboy

hiboy

good to hear flb and fuzzy, the scale is rising.
Awesome mini tutorial innov8tr.
Great guidelines to follow there. There are so many things i do like about the uc, it would be such a shame not to give it a shot.
specially when i already have it, plus the new 1 hp chiller winking at me when i walk by
h

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I love my UC.. yes, I am guilty of not posting, although I did for my first run, just didn't stay on top of it.. I have ran many different styles of growing before I made my switch. At the time of my switch I was running monster bucket systems and tables. The first system I got was a xxl24 ran with 19 lights vertically. The lack of electricity kept me from being able to surround the system completely, but I did what I could. I ran a New York Desiel and against most people's opinions I did run Advanced Nutrients, only because I had so much left from my other grows I was running.. I used AN A&B, drip clean, Sensizyme here and there, carboload (a few clogging problems), Top Booster, Big Bud, overdrive, final flush. I changed water once at 5 weeks of flower due to a huge ppm drop that week. It was a 10 week strain and I pulled 43 pounds with an easy one more that I deemed hash worthy.. ;) I was and am amazed by this system. I immediately sold all tables, pumps, buckets,brains, hoods, resivors and everything else.. I have since filled 4 rooms with UC's and have pulled each room once since and getting ready to pull another in a few
weeks. Every gro since my first has been better. That Desiels yield per watt was amazing and has been hard to match since, but I have come close with way better flowers. This run will top all as I have finally got to run my strain. :) so, that's my experience and since I fail at posting for others, the least I
could do is step up and give my positive feedback..
I benefit so much from this site on a weeky basis I would hate for people to think us UC growers are gone. Far from it, I don't see another switch anytime soon. Well except a UC Pro I will soon be checking out. I do buy bare bones so
I can build to my specs, but I must say this. The quality of every piece of equipment was impressive, yes costly, but IMHO well worth it considering all the benefits from less work to amazing yields..
I also have to give a huge thanks to all the farmers that has helped my transition go smooth.. Special thanks to Texas Kid, UCHQ, UCMENOW, Motherload, BudGoggles, desertsquirrel, QuarterbackMo, and last but not least two more of the OG's i see no more JackMeOffer and Ben Derdudat.. Thank you all very much, I don't know where you find the time, but glad you do.. If you take only one piece of advice from all you read on the UC I'd say, when growing in the UC, keep it simple stupid.. ;) Best of luck everyone..!!

St3ve

St3ve

Lots of good vibes here for sure.

For me personally, I don't post about my grows bc i'm not in a med state and paranoid. However, I can tell you that I'm finishing my 4th run and each has been better than the last. I have yet to get any brown roots though as I made sure to get a chiller and run Aquashield from day one.

I will never (never say never) change from this system. I love all water.. I am so blessed to not have to tote soil and rockwool blocks before and after each run. Yeehaw

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Still rocking my UC systems for 2+ years at the camp....lots of good times, lots of work.

D

Donk Frog

"Just pulled down one 8 site and it was killer, just over 4lbs with zero veg time in the system"- Texas Kid

How many thousands watters did you run on your 8 site uc grow????

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Just took my grow down and had one plant WET no roots 6.2 pounds, total for the 8 plants just over 35 pounds wet. Should dry out to +-4 pounds. Used 4 1000w

hiboy

hiboy

Thanks for the positive feed back.
I thought before i posted this thread was that farmers were afraid to swallow their pride so to speak, not wanting to acknowledge failure and go back to old school.
Looks like that aint the deal , so im a happy camper. Other news, i might have a warehouse 20x25 , wondering if i should rock my 12 site and maybe diy with a larger set up.
Or spend the dough and get a biggie biggie uc
\h

Top Bottom