No disrespect to my fellow farmers, but where the f are all the UC grows?

• Thread starter hiboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hiboy

hiboy

I'm using DM and for the last 2 grows I never changed out the res. I just top loaded to get the ppm back where they needed to be. Now that I am not traveling I will spend more time dialing it in. and will maybe change the res out once. I start with RO water and add required food than stand back, Ph is super stable at 5.5 to 5.6 and I just add food as required to keep the PPM where they need to be. The system is just as easy to run as when I grew in dirt, I only watered when dirt farming. Takes a bit to get the system down but after that you will never go back.

Take the time to read some of the older threads about people who failed, that will be a good primer on what not to do. From personal experience by a relatively new convert, I'm on my 4 grow. Use a root protection product, I use Zone, it is one of the more popular ones and Daniel (the pres of UC) told me to use it. Less is more, forget all your previous mixing ways and go with a base system and start slow on the food. I run my veg around 300 350ppm and flower from 500 to 850ppm and have great results. You may need to add a mineral supplement like Maji-Cal or Cal-Mag. DO not eye ball your measurements no short cuts. Keep us informed and do your home work.

Remember if you need help contact UC direct or on here they have a Q & A at the top of the page and of course us guys.

Get a good tri-meter and calibrate every 2 weeks!!!!

Use a chiller and keep the temps around 63/66 the lower number is better than the higher.

thanks brotha,
for taking the time to lay down some great info here
Figuring it will take a month or so to configure, and less is best is how it will be. Zone and DM will be the main nutes.
if it works out then i might be acing the table set ups..
i bought the ticket, its time to take the ride:bow
h

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I just took down both of my systems and will start on Saturday to rebuild the room again. I had a cracked bucket and when you have 150 gal get lose in the basement it's a big pain in the ass. So I will put down some EPDM

and build it high enough to hold all the water, so they all have there own pool. I will start my UC first, than get the blue monster going 300 gal., 10 30gal barrels plus 90 gal res. I have been averaging 1/2 # per plant even when I screw the first 2 weeks up so should be interesting to see what I get when it all goes right. With both systems will be running 8K of light. Will stop by and let you know when it's running. Peace

hiboy

hiboy

I just took down both of my systems and will start on Saturday to rebuild the room again. I had a cracked bucket and when you have 150 gal get lose in the basement it's a big pain in the ass. So I will put down some EPDM

and build it high enough to hold all the water, so they all have there own pool. I will start my UC first, than get the blue monster going 300 gal., 10 30gal barrels plus 90 gal res. I have been averaging 1/2 # per plant even when I screw the first 2 weeks up so should be interesting to see what I get when it all goes right. With both systems will be running 8K of light. Will stop by and let you know when it's running. Peace

wonder why it cracked. leaks would be a major issue since were kinda stealth mode over there. Framing in some 2x10x20 beams sitting on the concrete then pondliner over that would be a good idea for me. good idea
still chicken a little to be honest
h

Top Bottom