No Till By Organikz

• Thread starter Organikz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tearsofshiva

I grow super-soil indoor too, when you reuse your pots do you give the old roots time to break down? If you have a good microbe population that should take care of it right? Or do you just pull ur old plants, re-amend, and then transplant into the same pot right away?

Trying to come up with my own "supersoil rotation method" and I was curious as to what you do... Looks like whatever ur doing is working well lol

Organikz

Organikz

Time to hang it up guys. Kid at hydro store told me it's impossible to make a soil as good as fox farms and super soil doesn't work and neither does no till. He said he attends seminars. I must of had the funniest look on my face thinking should I show pictures...nah...lol

He went from not understanding why I have a 150g pot to knowing all about no till and it just doesn't work. I mentioned the food soil web and his eyes glazed over even more than they were...lol...good try. All I need is this...

Organikz

Organikz

I grow super-soil indoor too, when you reuse your pots do you give the old roots time to break down? If you have a good microbe population that should take care of it right? Or do you just pull ur old plants, re-amend, and then transplant into the same pot right away?

Trying to come up with my own "supersoil rotation method" and I was curious as to what you do... Looks like whatever ur doing is working well lol
I'm sorry bud. Just saw this. I cut the stalk level with the.ground and drop another beside it. Well that's the plan anyway. The new plant will hijack the microbes and the decaying system will feed it.

Organikz

Organikz

My thinking is I want roots throughout the whole bed. Roots and your humus layer is your nutrient factory. I even use annual rye grass anr alfalfa to prevent leaching. Along with build a soil clover blend to fix escaped atmospheric nitrogen.

I also look at my microbes as my workers. If they're sitting in the middle of nowhere they aren't helping me. I want to build a city for them so they can work. Hope that makes sense lol

Last edited:
T

Tearsofshiva

My thinking is I want roots throughout the whole bed. Roots and your humus layer is your nutrient factory. I even use annual rye grass anr alfalfa to prevent leaching. Along with build a soil clover blend to fix escaped atmospheric nitrogen.

I also look at my microbes as my workers. If they're sitting in the middle of nowhere they aren't helping me. I want to build a city for them so they can work. Hope that makes sense lol

Makes perfect sense! My setup is SOG with 5 gallon pots so I feel like this might not work as well for me because there isn't much excess space in the container with the dead roots in it. are you going to do this with your smaller containers too? Or just the 150??

Organikz

Organikz

Makes perfect sense! My setup is SOG with 5 gallon pots so I feel like this might not work as well for me because there isn't much excess space in the container with the dead roots in it. are you going to do this with your smaller containers too? Or just the 150??
Oh yah. It takes time building those cultures

T

Tearsofshiva

I'm thinking of rotating into a compost roller and using tea on it when I harvest and dump a round of used pots back into it. I would have to forget about cover crops tho probably... How fast do they grow?

Organikz

Organikz

I'm thinking of rotating into a compost roller and using tea on it when I harvest and dump a round of used pots back into it. I would have to forget about cover crops tho probably... How fast do they grow?
Definitely a good plan.

Organikz

Organikz

Wow the difference a 10g pot makes. I'm fighting the borg and still barely getting any yellow fade off. Very small infestation. I wouldn't even really call it that yet. I spotted them before they could even throw up a web. I'm not a product guy but my best defense which is neem can't be used. I'm going with some green cleaner. I won't worry too much about the ones in vegative. I have plenty of time to get neem rounds in.

This was just bad timing. I had beat them back but it was right before 12/12. I thought i was in the clear. I will beat them down if they get in the 150g. I don't know if they'll be able to establish. The H. Miles population is crazy. I see them in clumps in my soil. Between them and my nematodes they have decimated the fungus gnats and it's even caused a slight burn on the plants due to the feeding frenzy. LMAO. it must be scorched earth under there for the fungus gnats and bulb mites.

That's the sacrifice we make in organics. You will always have bugs of some sort. I will be working with neem a little more on this run. I also am able to utilize karanja cake that i picked up from neem resource. Eventually my system will be healthy enough to handle pestilence on it's own.

Organikz

Organikz

This yield took a little hit. I can only blame myself. In haste I transplanted into my 150g before making sure it was dialed in and established and a poor mix on the neem seed meal cooking off didn't help. They then had to be pulled out and put into 10g containers. Plant stress allowed infestations which were taken care of as they showed but I'm playing wack a mole at this point.

I acquired broad mites which I can only suspect came in some fox farms OF from my last grow. I am on the east coast and this was my only product sourced from good old Humboldt. The good old USA gov't still using biological warfare...let me explain...the bastards were brought from china by the DEA as they are very effective at killing cannabis and no conventional products available were effective.

I then sent them into flower but I should have given more treatment time to achieve full erradication.

Also I've learned don't use cheap lowes bought neem products. Not all neem is created equal. I now have dynagro neem oil and neem.resource karanja cake for biweekly root drenches.

Nonetheless I had to chop my bubblehead. All hairs turned and ambers were popping up everywhere. Damn broad mites caused it. The Afghan cow and mazar are chugging along. Kicking fresh hairs and oozing more resin.

Broad mites are showing in my 150g but they just came out of cloning. I applied a neem oil. I'm not worried because I beat them down in a short time. I will veg for 6 weeks to give myself plenty of time to make sure to achieve full erradication.

I have learned neem is the silver bullet because once neem was no longer an option the BORG dug in deep. I will be trying this run with only neem/aloe/protect foliar sprays weekly along with kelp/karanja root drenches biweekly.

T

Tearsofshiva

Sucks mang... I'm on the east coast too. But good for you for making the best out of it, salvaging what you can, and figuring out exactly what you did wrong for yourself. Your better off from it now anyways...

I grow in a basement to so I'm always worried about bugs, what's ur mix for the foliar with dynagrow neem oil, aloe foliar spray? I've never used foliar before but I wanna incorporate it this run

Organikz

Organikz

I do neem oil by dynagrow with protect which emulsifies the oil and allows it mix with the water. The aloe or you can also use yucca extract which helps with coverage as it's a wetting agent.

Organikz

Organikz

I may have to set off a pyrethrin fogger in my grow room. That will wipe everything out. Maybe even me lol

Organikz

Organikz

I will tell you when marijuana growing begins to seem complicated and scary I go back and read notes by clackamas coot. he makes you feel silly about over complicating things. He really brings you back down to earth.

Organikz

Organikz

This isn't even one of my good pieces. A small nugget I ripped off to monitor while the rest dries. Some really resinous stuff...mazar I Sharif x white rhino

Organikz

Organikz

The nugget factory will only improve as the soil develops. I have 2k red wrigglers on the way and I already have 500 euro night crawlers that were introduced a month ago. I just feel my mulch layer composting needs some assistance. The crawlers stay too deep.

Top Bottom