No till regenerative

• Thread starter shaganja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shaganja

shaganja

I know this post is from a while back. Can you give any details to how your cover crop has held up over the past year. Did some seeds over winter beter than others? Are you regularly mowing or trimming between the rows? Has the hairy vetch climbed any plants? And do you test your soil?
I let winter take over. They didn't over winter very well. But yarrow is super rooting. Hard to kill. She still alive. I start over new cover crop seeds every year. I only trim back the companions if they compete for light. Last year had to chop all back twice. Pretty vigorous cover. I didn't notice the vetch last year. Would gave been cool to see some climbing. I dont test my soil. I just test my smoke.

shaganja

shaganja

View attachment 1119903
12 suckers! One for each plant! I was close to buying the product fish shit, but I like the closed loop system. This carp comes from the river that is in my back yard! Just gonna freeze them. Not going to make ffj. I feel like ffj is kinda too much if you have fish. They decompose and feed the plant anyway! It's just released slower. These fish ferments like fish shit, is immediately available. But I dont think I want available now. I want the calcium among other things available during flower. So I choose frozen fish buried under plants. I chose to freeze, because it keeps it from stinking. Otherwise animals will dig it up. So excited for this summer!
These guys went in freezer. Wife was unnerved because they flopped a little before they froze, while in the chest freezer. Lol froze doesn't stink. Animals dig when they can smell it

shaganja

shaganja

Been listenening to podcasts on no till, regenerative, natural farming, practices. They say to put your seeds in your mouth to put your genetic info on, so seed can respond to your needs. I am a brain injury survivor, and have to take meds. Brain injury shortens temper considerably. So am in need of calming strains. My garden this year, will have a few medicinal ones. Pretty excited for that. I put all my seeds in my mouth for 30 seconds, before paper towel. Now, I wasn't sure if I believed all of this. But my calming strain, lemon blue, gave me an early boy, and an early girl. And then, my sugar black rose gave me an early boy, and my lavender pheno of phone home, gave me an early girl. Both of these are floral plants. Which gives me a relaxing floral line that is also early.
So let me ask you, did she just fulfill my medical needs? Or is it coincidence 🤔?

Farmer88

Farmer88

Been listenening to podcasts on no till, regenerative, natural farming, practices. They say to put your seeds in your mouth to put your genetic info on, so seed can respond to your needs. I am a brain injury survivor, and have to take meds. Brain injury shortens temper considerably. So am in need of calming strains. My garden this year, will have a few medicinal ones. Pretty excited for that. I put all my seeds in my mouth for 30 seconds, before paper towel. Now, I wasn't sure if I believed all of this. But my calming strain, lemon blue, gave me an early boy, and an early girl. And then, my sugar black rose gave me an early boy, and my lavender pheno of phone home, gave me an early girl. Both of these are floral plants. Which gives me a relaxing floral line that is also early.
So let me ask you, did she just fulfill my medical needs? Or is it coincidence 🤔?

Sounds like placebo effect. But if its working for you, does it matter?

shaganja

shaganja

20210522 154024
20210522 154703
20210522 154728
20210522 154903
20210522 154953

Two foot hole, froze fish, lime. Dirt. Coffee grounds. More dirt. Then plant. Two reasons for the lime. One, in case fish begin to smell. I guess 3, because calcium too! And to help the ph, from the fish, and the coffee grounds. The grounds give nitrogen, and smell barrier for animals. My greenhouse is right in my yard, and have close neighbors, and dogs, so animals keep their distance. Also have a motion light to scare in case animals get close. So, have them all in! Ready to veg and make some f.p.j. 's, and l.a.b. 1. Feeding the worm towers watermelon, edamame, spinach, and shrooms.

20210522 154623
shaganja

shaganja

20210522 183227
20210522 183252

Those three up front are autos I found, and kept. Blue dream, blu o.g., and a floral. Sugar black rose, and a lavender smelling phone home. Both calm medicine. Will run two harvests next season. Auto, and photo.

shaganja

shaganja

So, about me. Am native american. Ottowa, or odowa. Grand river band. Dad, full blood. Mom, white. So I am a child of a landrace put on a euro poly hybrid. Lol and I am native leaning pheno. Black hair. Complexion, cheekbone, bla,bla. The reason I'm telling you this, is because genetics is fun, and last year, converted to no till regenerative farming. And after the quality I got from flooded, late season crop, blew me away. Even tho unfinished, because I ran long strains, still had quality, that recieved remarks among freinds. I am very excited for the second year of this soil! And this has me thinking of the irony of using native farming techniques, like companion, and fish holing. And myself being native also, but not taught this way from family, but self from growmies,and online. Its weird how the circle comes back around. Hope everyone has an awesome summer run! Very excited!

shaganja

shaganja

20210524 123656

20210524 123709

Picked up a few more worms. Already have some in there, now. And just picked up dinner for them! All rich in sulfur. And worms love da melons! And these items are easiest to eat for worms.

shaganja

shaganja

Forgotten take pics, but those camo buckets with the rice in it, sat and got moldy. Which is exactly what I wanted. Now we have the soil inoculated with micorizal fungus.

shaganja

shaganja

Hey growers. Do not just drop lime into a hole like I just did. I used too much. My most aggressive girl super skunk tap root it it first. Dont have pics yet, but got sprinkler on them now to wash that lime away. My paranoia got the best of me with using the lime to deter animals from digging.

Farmer88

Farmer88

Hey growers. Do not just drop lime into a hole like I just did. I used too much. My most aggressive girl super skunk tap root it it first. Dont have pics yet, but got sprinkler on them now to wash that lime away. My paranoia got the best of me with using the lime to deter animals from digging.

Good luck, doesn't wash out for about a year in the ground.

shaganja

shaganja

Ok farmers, any ideas on how to raise ph in an no till organic grow? If its alkaline, that would be high correct? Acidic is low? So i need to drop my numbers correct? How can I do this in an organic method?

Farmer88

Farmer88

Ok farmers, any ideas on how to raise ph in an no till organic grow? If its alkaline, that would be high correct? Acidic is low? So i need to drop my numbers correct? How can I do this in an organic method?

Sulphur and gypsum, use peletized in the fall to adjust ph for spring. Use powdered to make quick adjustments. It will depend on soil type. Have you done any soil tests?

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Cant you just use some Calcium carbonate? Coot says use Calicum and Gypsum in large quantities.... you could prolly scratch in and water down. But why change your PH if you dont know it already? Soils tests or even the ol slurry method

Top Bottom