Non Hydro Trees.

• Thread starter true grit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sixstring

sixstring

Back on topic, promix coco fidyfidy.ogkush a dinaherm product ;) fidy dayz.
20130502 191159

Oh yeah, thats from a perpetual garden hehehe.

ttystikk

ttystikk

We can make a thread for perpetual harvesting if needed. Let's get back on topic of growing non hydro trees.

It's thread related. First, for us to understand each other, we need to have the definitions of the terms we use be the same for everyone.

Second, perpetual non-hydro trees would be the most common way to do it, so as to minimize downtimes?

Third, assuming this is the case, what some of the interval strategies people employ, and what kind of results are they seeing?

sixstring

sixstring

It's thread related. First, for us to understand each other, we need to have the definitions of the terms we use be the same for everyone.

Second, perpetual non-hydro trees would be the most common way to do it, so as to minimize downtimes?

Third, assuming this is the case, what some of the interval strategies people employ, and what kind of results are they seeing?

we try to chop 2 plants a week and replace those with big veggers.im tickled with anything over 8 zips per plant.no down time for us cause 2 plants fills the racks and when one dries its time to chop another.off days are for upcanning,taking cuts and mowin the grass.
a lil tree @ 2 weeks
Cc 2 wks

and her again @ 9
Cc 9 wks

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
we try to chop 2 plants a week and replace those with big veggers.im tickled with anything over 8 zips per plant.no down time for us cause 2 plants fills the racks and when one dries its time to chop another.off days are for upcanning,taking cuts and mowin the grass.
a lil tree @ 2 weeks
View attachment 313223

and her again @ 9
View attachment 313225

Soil?

I think when this thread was started as non-hydro trees, TG was trying to discuss organic soil trees. I could be wrong.

IMHO a tree is a tree. not a bush. I'm talking at least a # per plant.

I also don't see why soil that is heavily amended with chunky perlite would not grow just as fast and produce as well as coco. I'm not a soil guy though...

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Soil?

I think when this thread was started as non-hydro trees, TG was trying to discuss organic soil trees. I could be wrong.

I also don't see why soil that is heavily amended with chunky perlite would not grow just as fast and produce as well as coco. I'm not a soil guy though...
cmon cap, ive seen plenty of trees that never hit the # sign. Im talking 8-10's indoors ha. things probably vegged for 3 months. shit ive done it myself a few times. ive seen some funky shit and you deff cant label a tree a "tree" based on its yield!

sixstring

sixstring

Promix and coco with jacks classic and humic acid or fossilfuel.i think if you put my 8 to 10 oz plants side by side withothers that claim a elbow you'll see they stack up nicely.i just dont lie about weights or keep every last fluffy nug and weight it.all the small shit goes to hash and budder

mountain

mountain

There are definitely people doing soil, 100% organic and getting indoor tree results and finish times on par with DonJuan and Purpleberry. Very large rootzones, no CO2, 4' hoods, large variety of strains... Testing, reusing and amending soil each round with 100% organics. Kind of like outdoor but indoor.

Sounds like DonJuan on the other hand is doing the rockwool in only 18-20 gal containers with impressive results.

Curious to hear what size rootzone and what kind of results others are getting.

mountain

mountain

Things I learned from previous runs:
Defoliate heavily and get way better penetration.

True Grit - when you say 'defoliate heavily' you mean remove lots of fan leaves in bloom in order to get better light penetration?

Can you elaborate? What point in bloom do you heavily defoliate? Could you post some pics before and after defoliating to get an idea?

Assuming this helps you get more yield and light on inner flowers (would be lower flowers or lower parts of colas in a horizontal setup). What kind of difference in yields did you see with defoliating?

Thanks!

J

Jalisco Kid

a lil tree @ 2 weeks
View attachment 313223

and her again @ 9
View attachment 313225
I have had branches almost weighing that much, how does this end up in a tree growing thread? For me trees start at a Kg. JK

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Promix and coco with jacks classic and humic acid or fossilfuel.i think if you put my 8 to 10 oz plants side by side withothers that claim a elbow you'll see they stack up nicely.i just dont lie about weights or keep every last fluffy nug and weight it.all the small shit goes to hash and budder

p1019301-jpg.297926

These FPOG were over a # each and they are only half a tree. No small stuff.

sixstring

sixstring

I have had branches almost weighing that much, how does this end up in a tree growing thread? For me trees start at a Kg. JK
Why you gotta dis my shrubz like that lol.that plant stood 65" and was a good 4 ft wide.not a good yielding strain but dank enough.sorry I tainted your tree thread, was just goin off the pics from page one, peace

J

Jalisco Kid

Not my thread,I just don't want people thinking a tree is a half lber. To grow trees you need the strain. Your skills look good. I have a pic somewhere here of a ms walker at 3.25lb avg on grow was 2.85. Anybody could hit 2 lb with that strain. JK

true grit

true grit

Soil?

Ya Cap you are right, original post I didn't clarify enough for folks- for the most part I was talking soil/organic/etc., #+ plus trees. Original intent was a thread about giant bushes with vert that are not grown in chow mix/coco/bucket systems. But we have definitely had some good tree growing tips thus far in the thread though. Especially on monsters like DJM's.

Ideally though Cap and JK are on point, the main discussion was for giant trees and best methods to do so non hydro...not necessarily multiple plants under 1 light. Goal im shooting 3/4-1#+ plants and knocking out big weight with small numbers and best methods/more than likely vert lighting to do so.

True Grit - when you say 'defoliate heavily' you mean remove lots of fan leaves in bloom in order to get better light penetration?

Can you elaborate? What point in bloom do you heavily defoliate? Could you post some pics before and after defoliating to get an idea?

Assuming this helps you get more yield and light on inner flowers (would be lower flowers or lower parts of colas in a horizontal setup). What kind of difference in yields did you see with defoliating?

Thanks!

Yeah just in general. there are plenty of thread on defoliating. I do it from about wk2 on myself. Once you see where bud set is you can trim the legs and remove unnecessary fan leaves blocking good bud site growth. In my previous vert tree grows i didn't do that as well and still was popping off good weights. I'm ready to attack it much more aggressively these upcoming runs. Sorry no pix my man, but if ya search defoliating sure you can get some good side by side pix. As far as horizontal lighting- i suggest screening and removing all shit below the screen and defoliating tops pretty well on growth above the screen and shoot for a good 12-24" canopy thats well pruned above the screen.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
For fan leaves:

DS is a fan of defoliation of large fans.

JK says leave them all on until the last couple weeks, then slowly pluck them all off.

DD was removing leaves IIRC

IIRC Waayne defoliates gently.

I try to leave as much on as I can, but I remove a few every day. I try not to remove more than just a few to avoid shocking the plant, but I figure a couple here and there won't hurt. Flowers in the shade definitely do not develop the same structure as flowers in direct light.

Maybe those I mentioned will chime in.. I have always wondered about the best way and reasons behind it. I believe Outwest had some excellent points on defoliation both pros and cons regarding photosynthesis in older leaves compared to new ones.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Not my thread,I just don't want people thinking a tree is a half lber. To grow trees you need the strain. Your skills look good. I have a pic somewhere here of a ms walker at 3.25lb avg on grow was 2.85. Anybody could hit 2 lb with that strain. JK
ms walker? o_O can you tell me more? :)

Top Bottom