Non Hydro Trees.

• Thread starter true grit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

this was my first indoor grow, all SFV OG. 10 plants total in 10gal smart pots. 2 1000 hps and 1 vertical 400 mh. each plant was about 6-7ft by the end of stretch. yield was 1/4 -1/2 per plant. View attachment 308383View attachment 308384View attachment 308385
In your second pic if you spent about 1/2 hour moving and trimming those branches you might have doubled your crop. Some og's are like JAP's they just will not put out for you for a long time. But with the light shining there you can see were you could have opened her up more and trained her. Buds taste good though I bet. Suerte JK

purpleberry

purpleberry

You dont have to go vert to get huge yeilds with trees. Im doing 15g pots 4 per light scroged and hitting over 12 oz per plant. I use to dream of 2per light and ive smashed 3. Enviroment is #1 If you dont have total control over temp humidity and co2 that should be your number one concern after genetics. A huge help is root space, no way i would get there in 5 or 7g pots. Each plant gets a whole bag of soil. Scrog and a big stretch will give you alot of tops, each plant probally has 40 tops and the canopy is 24" + off the top of the screen. If your growing really healthy plants you can get decent buds pretty far down even where light doesnt hit very good. Growing one strain helps, Ive worked the same cut of OG for years and know her very well, just because a cut dont yeild for you dont mean it wont, I use to hit 1.5 per light with the same cut most the time, sometimes less. and was looking for a better cut when i didnt need one. My main problem was enviroment, I had no control, no co2.
With the scrog i could easily go to 1plant per light, Id go with a 30g-50g squat pot, or just use a 4x4 bed, Give them room for roots to feed the huge bush. Under 1000w light for veg you can grow a huge plant in 8 weeks, I actually wait a couple week now to take cuts because i was getting 3' tall plants in veg topping all the time. Having a cut that triples in size after 12/12 will help alot. Im switching to 12/12 after transplant in 3-7 days.
Given the same amount of space I dont think any vert setup could beat what i could pull. Say a 15x15 room i could get 30. In a vert setup you would need ALOT more sqft to get 10 3lb plants

DonJuanMatus

DonJuanMatus

so you hit over 3 pounds a light with an OG? hitting 3 per with 4 plants per light is not too hard, ive seen a few 3 per light gardens running 4 per light..but hitting that with a legit OG is hard to believe

pics?

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm trying a slightly different vertical approach. We'll see what she does. I completely agree with the idea that knowing your stain and operating accordingly is the main key to trees, one basics like climate, lighting and nutes are handled.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Well its platnium OG, not straight OG. But i did have SFVog in there last time and everyone of them hit over 10 per plant and some 12, that was the first run in this setup. I really think i can hit 14 maybe 16 if I tweak a few things and spend the time getting the canopy perfect. I know it sounds crazy, I use to call BS when I seen people claim 2-2.5
A few things I noticed on grows that claim big yeilds, Big pots, Big plants, and tall canopy. You just have to alot of branchs and bud sites to get alot of bud. 12" canopy isnt going to do it.
A few things i left out, Im running bare bulb agro xxxl hoods 4.5 centers ,this increases the canopy %25 over 4x4 with cross lighting should add %25 yeild? High temp and High humidity, I lisened to some gardeners who get big numbers and this does increase yeilds. Im running the room at 78 degrees 60-70% humidity and co2, my cut loves it and never molds. Some cuts i would never try that.
I havent increased my feeding much if at all, I dont feel its needed. Maybe ill do a grow log the end of this year, Its not going to happen right now.

indogro

indogro

purpleberry,

with your 4 plants per light method...

1. How long do you veg each plant?

2. How many times do you transplant?

3. Do you top the plants?

4. Do you super crop?

I'm trying to figure out the best method for trees in soil. I like the way your method sounds, and you say you are getting great yields. Would love to know more if you're willing to share the knowledge.

cheers.

purpleberry

purpleberry

1- you can veg the entire flower cycle, I go about 8 weeks
2- i go from clone to 4" pot to 2g square under 1000w
3- every time i can i top unless i get lazy
4- no, I take plants that are 2-3' tall, put 4 bamboo stakes in and push a 24"x24" screen down and bend the plants under if there to tall.
Then i veg a few days keeping the plant under the screen, After 12/12 i can spend up to a week keeping them under the screen if i need to fill it. The cut i have will stretch for 3 weeks.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
sky high - hey man good to see an older member around! havent been on here in years..yeah when its sub below in the winter spending money on an ac and power to run it seemed silly..i also ran 6kw this last summer but anything over got way too hot in the morning before the lights went out

btw those werent grown in the grodan mini cubes or crutons..they are all grown in an old unrefined grodan product called "granulate absorbant" it holds more water than cut and refined wool and has the consistency of cotton candy...its comes in a 45 lb bale i get for 50 bucks and thats enough to run 2 tree/lights...with pot included my cost in materials per plant is around 35 dollars

thank you greenpunk

and nice tree wayne! i also found the same about inner larf, im starting to thin out the inside and shape the plants like a rainbow so there are only tops on the outside and treating the center of the plant like many would the underside of a flat topped canopy

Good to see YOU around these parts! Welcome (BACK) to the farm! Sick work as always!

outwest

indogro

indogro

1- you can veg the entire flower cycle, I go about 8 weeks
2- i go from clone to 4" pot to 2g square under 1000w
3- every time i can i top unless i get lazy
4- no, I take plants that are 2-3' tall, put 4 bamboo stakes in and push a 24"x24" screen down and bend the plants under if there to tall.
Then i veg a few days keeping the plant under the screen, After 12/12 i can spend up to a week keeping them under the screen if i need to fill it. The cut i have will stretch for 3 weeks.

excellent. thank you.

If you ever have pics of the setup. I'm sure many of us would love to see it.

What do you feed your plants?

And do you amend your soil?

purpleberry

purpleberry

Ill post a single plant grow in a few weeks, I use ready grow straight out the bag, Its light to carry and i dont have time to waste mixing soil, been there fuk that. Ill top dress with worm castings or ancient forest if I have it. I feed calmag-molasses-tea-silica-PBP- sea-green- and a little PK of what ever i feel like. I know PBP isnt suppose to read ppms right, but i start at 900 work my way up to 1300 and sometime hit them at 1400 one time. I really just change what i feed as the plansts tell me what they neeed. Platnium OG is one of the easiest cuts ive ever grown, so that helps. At the end i flush for 2-3 weeks.

true grit

true grit

Good info Purpleberry. I could definitely see that, as I've def hit 2 with 4 plants and not near a 24" canopy or 40 tops. It wasn't until DwD was telling me how he was hitting 2.5 with OG's that it started to clicked I wasn't doing enough training in veg and not leaving myself enough height with the canopy. Lately I've just been shooting for 15-20+ tops at flip and will def have AT least that many for any vert grows, def more if doing solo trees and not a wall/scrog. And agreed, i've run 8-15" canopy scrogged down for sometime and just not enough height to pull down massive weight unless donkey dicks, def need canopy height especially when running OG's and shit. Should try out beds, sounds like they'd work perfect for ya and pretty easy to recycle too.

D

Donkdbz

Jalisco Kid what size air pump for what size containers did you add aeration to the chow mix? what flex air tube?

J

Jalisco Kid

I used those 20 gal brutes,4-6' silicon lines I buy from asia, used a regen because it is what i had. I got some nice mcflys off that on the first try. One of my tangelo kush's was around a 3 lb. I guess the mcflys avg were around 2.25 and 2 other plants from rascal was at 2.5. I only ran 1 plant for each flavor for control and all 3 were smaller. Just one run though.

D

Donkdbz

Was thinking these

So 8 15-gallon smart pots with a 80 lpm air pump. So 10 liters per site. Wonder if that would be enough to even make a difference. I might just try one or 2 sites to do side by side

mountain

mountain

Purpleberry -

You dont have mold problems with high humidity like that? Do you do a lot of sulfur burning or other preventatives?

What are you able to acheive with single plant per light?

Do you move scrogged plants from a veg room to a bloom room? How to fit the scrog screen thru the doorway? Or you you veg and bloom in the same room? You wait until flip to start scrog?

What kind of CO2 system are you using? You are running a mini split AC?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
This thread is going places.

PB, I would love to see 40 oz of kush under 1k. You must do a lot of topping and have a very well dialed room to get enough budsites to make that happen.

ttystikk

ttystikk

This thread is going places.

PB, I would love to see 40 oz of kush under 1k. You must do a lot of topping and have a very well dialed room to get enough budsites to make that happen.

Hey now- that's my goal! I'm all for setting everyone's ideas- and who knows? We might just stumble onto something really new!

purpleberry

purpleberry

Its closer to 50, lol You pretty much nailed it on lots of bud sites and a dailed room, I cant say that enough, If you dont have the total control of your enviroment its going to be hard to dail in how you run it. I can walk in and make it what ever temp, humidty, and C02 i want with a push of a button. I never had that before and I give most the credit to enviroment as this was the only major change in what i was doing before and yeilds have doubled. Theres a huge multiplying affect when everything is right, take one thing away and every single thing else is effected and it wont work right. I was fighting with fresh air,undersized AC and dehumidifiers for to long. Its not worth it set your room up and it will pay for it self.
And the topping and buds sites in much easyer to control with a scrog, all the tops are close to the same height and they seem to fill in where they can when stretching. When i dont scrog it effects yeild.
I know theres room for more and Im going to set out for 4lb per light with this set up. The wifi pheno i choose might yeild better. 4 1lb plants under 1 light sounds crazy but im just a couple oz per plant away. And again i take back all the times i called BS on any grower, weather it was a 10lb plant or 3-4 lbs out of a 4x4 tent. I belive now.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Its closer to 50, lol You pretty much nailed it on lots of bud sites and a dailed room, I cant say that enough, If you dont have the total control of your enviroment its going to be hard to dail in how you run it. I can walk in and make it what ever temp, humidty, and C02 i want with a push of a button. I never had that before and I give most the credit to enviroment as this was the only major change in what i was doing before and yeilds have doubled. Theres a huge multiplying affect when everything is right, take one thing away and every single thing else is effected and it wont work right. I was fighting with fresh air,undersized AC and dehumidifiers for to long. Its not worth it set your room up and it will pay for it self.
And the topping and buds sites in much easyer to control with a scrog, all the tops are close to the same height and they seem to fill in where they can when stretching. When i dont scrog it effects yeild.
I know theres room for more and Im going to set out for 4lb per light with this set up. The wifi pheno i choose might yeild better. 4 1lb plants under 1 light sounds crazy but im just a couple oz per plant away. And again i take back all the times i called BS on any grower, weather it was a 10lb plant or 3-4 lbs out of a 4x4 tent. I belive now.

I wasn't kidding when I said I was working the same goal. I've looked and I haven't seen any concrete discussion of your setup. Could you point me to where it is?

Apache69

Apache69

Excellent Thread! JK is the reason I have been able to pull Trees without breaking a sweat. Cheers!

Top Bottom