• Thread starter Bulldog11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Hello everybody,

I named this garden Eden because it feels like paradise. This is my first full season on this property and it's off to a good start. I could have done a couple things different this year, but I am happy with how everything is growing. Over the last year I have installed two greenhouses, a water storage system, pump systems, 80 amps of electrical to the greenhouses, professional drip irrigation, new fencing and more I can't remember. I am finally at a point where I can concentrate on growing, and not improving my infrastructure.

I have also been working the soil on my property. Last year I didn't have time to make my own soil, so I ordered 10 yards from a soil yard and had it custom mixed. Then over the winter I dug up native soil, added 1/3 of it's volume with EWC and 1/3 with lava rocks. Then took soil tests and amended accordingly. I send all my soil samples to Logan Labs. I really like Logan Labs, and I use the standard soil test and the saturated paste test, huge advantage. Now I am growing in about 40 yards of soil, which I hope to double over the next year. I have over 5 yards of home made castings ready for next seasons soil. Hope to have another 10 finished by spring.

Here is my full season greenhouse. Little messy atm, but it's ok. The smart pots are 400gal and the beds are 900+ gallons. 30w x 17t x 50 long
Norcal outdoor garden of eden

Small light dep greenhouse. 8w x 12t x 50 long
Norcal outdoor garden of eden 2

Strains being grown this year are as followed:

Bodhi

SunShineDayDream
Ancient OG
BM x NL#5 sativa dom
Alaskan Thunder Fuck
Goji Og
Clusterfunk
Silver Mountain

Loompa

Yeti
Black yeti

Clone only

Og Mango
SSH
Gorilla Glue
GSC fookies
Blue Dream
Black Jack

Clones strait from cookie family (super stoked on these)

GSC Forum
Sun Set Sherbert
gelato

Some drama surrounding the OG mango and Gorilla Glue. Finishing up the GG in the light deps, and she won't be run again. A, because of the drama and B, because I don't care for the glue. The OG mango doesn't grow great outdoors anyway, and the drama following that strain is too much. I am guessing neither will find their way into my garden from here on out.

BIG NEWS:

I am tracking down an old strain that is just legendary in my crew. Something the world hasn't experienced yet. A strain called Hassan. I will tell the whole story of Hassan some day, but it was a victim of hoarding and almost lost to time. Over the winter and spring once my main garden is down, I plan to start a major breeding project with Hassan and other elites. I have been searching for Hassan for 12 years and finally found her!!!! This is all still in the air, but if all the pieces all into place, something special is on the horizon.

Please feel free to ask any and all questions, I will answer to the best of my ability. Happy growing everybody.

Blaze

Blaze

Plants are looking healthy. Did you bother with a permit for the larger greenhouse? I am debating if it is a good idea to try to get one for my next greenhouse project.

H

happy b

Your a lucky sob Bulldog but at the same time youv put in the effort and deserve those big beautiful greenhouses.
i would be sitting in there all day long if i could.
plants are all looking great.cant wait to see how the cuts from the cookie fam turn out particularly the sherbet.iv been keeping an eye out for that one but this is the first iv seen it grown outside the cookie fam.good score Bulldog.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Looks so good! In my dreams I have this same gh only mine is completely sealed with all the indoor gadgets you know Dehu, co2,m/s, the works.

It's too hot here for fully enclosed, so I am trying for a hybrid of sorts. They make co2 machines that run off propane that I will be purchasing in the off season if everything goes well. They work with open sides, and open ridge vents. Thinking swamp cooler would be a nice upgrade also. I just ran the electrical out to the greenhouse but haven't hooked up the end wall fan yet, which will help big time when temps hit 100+. Which has been daily. Hope you get your dream greenhouse, and when you do, post up some pics and tag me.

Plants are looking healthy. Did you bother with a permit for the larger greenhouse? I am debating if it is a good idea to try to get one for my next greenhouse project.

Thanks for the compliment, any critique? Yes I paid for the permit, and had to re-engineer the already fully engineered plans 3 times. Which costs money every time I bring it to my architect. Then they beefed up my footings from ground posts being driven into the hard clay ground 3ft, to 28" deep 8" wide concrete footings for each ground post.

The electrical I got my rough inspection completed, which composed of the trench depth, pipe size, wire size, ext. I just terminated the pipe run in a junction box and haven't stubbed off for anything as of yet. I plan to get that done by the end of the season, and get it inspected in Dec some time.

Huge pain in the butt, however they will find you on Google maps. I know for a fact, the county I am in pays at least one guy to take transparent print outs of the county's last Google maps data, then over lays that with current Google Map data. If a new structure is there, they will cross check their records. I would rather not have anybody show up in the middle of my grow bitching about permits. Plus, it's best to comply in this industry, even though it kills me.

Your a lucky sob Bulldog but at the same time youv put in the effort and deserve those big beautiful greenhouses.
i would be sitting in there all day long if i could.
plants are all looking great.cant wait to see how the cuts from the cookie fam turn out particularly the sherbet.iv been keeping an eye out for that one but this is the first iv seen it grown outside the cookie fam.good score Bulldog.

Thanks Habby B! The sherbet is bomb as heck, and same with my cookie elite forum cut, and the molado sounds great also. The Sherbet I am extra excited about because it yielded really well for me in the dep garden. If all works out, she might make up most of the dep next year. I will post some pics of the GSC and the Sherbert I have going, along with some macros in the morning.

Nice work dawggy!

Thanks for the kind words.

How are you liking the ancient OG?

No smell or indication of flower quality yet, however she is my favorite as far as veg growth so far. They are really exploding as they find their feet. The only two plants that rival them are the Goji Og's, which I didn't expect. The best and biggest plant goes the the BM x NL sativa pheno that is outdoors, which I will post up. She is growing inches everyday, and is already 7+' tall. You can tell by the growth structure of the Ancient that it will continue to gain size and structure as well. I find the little lankier plants that spread out at first end up being some of the biggest plants.

Wife is calling for dinner.

The Terps

The Terps

You don't think a 4-5 ton unit could control the temps? I doubt I will be getting that with my county having a giant kola in their ass

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

First off, when you account for voltage drop and everything, those conductors would have to be huge. When I first bought the property I considered putting in a new service drop, then I could add more units like ac if I wanted.

However, the greenhouse is large. It's 30' Tall by 50' wide and 17' tall. That's around 20k square foot of air space, give or take. Now consider the R-value of the woven plastic and corrugated plastic end walls, and you realize the structure isn't exactly energy efficient. Temps in the 140's if everything is closed up.

Maybe an AC unit could cool it down, but I would be impressed. Now that you mention it, I will keep my eye out to see if it's even an option.

On the flip side, I tried to heat the large greenhouse over the winter and didn't really work. I didn't have the proper equipment, and the structure wasn't air tight. That is why I really like the small greenhouse, come winter time I will be able to heat that no problem. Maybe even cool it like you were saying. Much more practical with a greenhouse that size. (8't x 12'w x 50'long)

Blaze

Blaze

Thanks for the compliment, any critique? Yes I paid for the permit, and had to re-engineer the already fully engineered plans 3 times. Which costs money every time I bring it to my architect. Then they beefed up my footings from ground posts being driven into the hard clay ground 3ft, to 28" deep 8" wide concrete footings for each ground post.

Huge pain in the butt, however they will find you on Google maps. I know for a fact, the county I am in pays at least one guy to take transparent print outs of the county's last Google maps data, then over lays that with current Google Map data. If a new structure is there, they will cross check their records. I would rather not have anybody show up in the middle of my grow bitching about permits. Plus, it's best to comply in this industry, even though it kills me.

Well, it is always hard to tell from pictures alone, but I do think you could better utilize the space in the light dep green house more efficiently. Canopy management, spacing, and a few other changes can make a big difference on your final yield. It is probably one of the more simple things one can do as well. With a few tweaks, even if you change nothing else, I bet you could double your yield out of that space next year. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want some opinions on the specifics.

I would agree with you on the permits as well. I hope we don't have too many troubles with ours - probably the biggest issues we have is that there were existing structures on the property when we move here that were not permitted. We will need to bring them up to code before we build a permanent greenhouse which might be difficult. Luckily Mendocino County issues what they call "class K" permits for outbuildings and existing structures which are much less stringent than normal standards so at least we have that going for us.

Catching the eye of the county is never a good idea which is why I really hope we can get our scene up to code. There was been a some what worrisome trend here, as well as in Humboldt, Trinity, and Lake counties where people have been red tagged for greenhouses. Then, the building inspector shows up to inspect the red tagged structure - which they do not need a warrant to do. Except, when they show up, they happen to have a bunch of sheriff deputies along with them to carry out the inspection....

R

redlife215

They do that in trinity? I got my gh red tagged and they even cut the electric to the peoperty.

germinator

germinator

Bulldog.. sweet work, looking pro.....like a dream set up. Kudos to you.
Quick question on the black yetis. Are you seeing those thin,long, sleek sexy leaf patterns on anything. Best vibes thru your grow man.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Well, it is always hard to tell from pictures alone, but I do think you could better utilize the space in the light dep green house more efficiently. Canopy management, spacing, and a few other changes can make a big difference on your final yield. It is probably one of the more simple things one can do as well. With a few tweaks, even if you change nothing else, I bet you could double your yield out of that space next year. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want some opinions on the specifics.

I would agree with you on the permits as well. I hope we don't have too many troubles with ours - probably the biggest issues we have is that there were existing structures on the property when we move here that were not permitted. We will need to bring them up to code before we build a permanent greenhouse which might be difficult. Luckily Mendocino County issues what they call "class K" permits for outbuildings and existing structures which are much less stringent than normal standards so at least we have that going for us.

Catching the eye of the county is never a good idea which is why I really hope we can get our scene up to code. There was been a some what worrisome trend here, as well as in Humboldt, Trinity, and Lake counties where people have been red tagged for greenhouses. Then, the building inspector shows up to inspect the red tagged structure - which they do not need a warrant to do. Except, when they show up, they happen to have a bunch of sheriff deputies along with them to carry out the inspection....

First time at deps, lots of room for improvement. I will pick your brain about this, but too busy today. Thanks for the offer.

Existing non-conforming. That is what you tell the inspector about old structures that were on the property before you took over residence. However, if it's some crazy illegal stuff, that may not fly. Safety should be, and always is an issue. Been in the trades for 15+ years, seen it all, pm me if you have questions on how to bring things up to code.

They do that in trinity? I got my gh red tagged and they even cut the electric to the peoperty.

No idea about Trinity, but it's too easy to assume every city with grow problems are doing this. Sorry to hear about your problems. Lets think about this.....the government who is responsible for providing thing like power, water, sewage ext....cut your power because you decided to build a greenhouse, a non living structure, on your own property......Sick bastards.

Dirty buggers.so much for being legit.this world is all screwy.

Screwy indeed.

Bulldog.. sweet work, looking pro.....like a dream set up. Kudos to you.
Quick question on the black yetis. Are you seeing those thin,long, sleek sexy leaf patterns on anything. Best vibes thru your grow man.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not seeing any thin long leaves, almost the opposite. I popped a full pack, have three females in final pots with one more female that might find a large pot. All seem to have much more hybrid/indica qualities. A little bummed about that, but still excited for things to come. I have a buddy that popped 20 seeds, and same deal with him. The sativa pheno must be recessive.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Rained quite a bit on Sunday. Yesterday and today over 100, over 90 all week.

I feel like the weather is changing, and we might find rain in October this year. I hope we get rain for drought purposes, however it will cause havoc across the outdoor cannabis world in Cali.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

BD,It is a pretty strong El Nino shaping up this year so from past experience(83-84)we should see alot of rain either this fall or spring.My brother is fishing for and catching albacore tuna out of fort bragg the last few days and not far offshore either,the warmer than normal water temps should in theory lead to moisture at some point hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom