Norcal Outdoor Garden Of Eden

• Thread starter Bulldog11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I had never even seen PM when I live in cali, so with as many troubles as Ive had with it in oregon, I may end up making PM part of my thesis. Its one of my main strain selection factors here, luckily I have found about 9 strains now that are totally immune.

That's interesting. When researching grape phylloxera last year I kept coming across the concept of simply choosing resistant cultivars rather than fighting an uphill battle.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Tastes a little better if you heat the alcohol and use just concentrated oil. My wife hates the taste, so all our edibles get made with high quality bubble or rosin, lol. Gotta keep the wifey happy, ya know? lol.

Newenglander

Newenglander

I have moved too distilling my own spirits in recent years I find a nice banana rose hip spirit with refined oils iso bho etc is my sweet spot. Something about the banana really lightens the bitter earthy cannabis taste. I shoot for very high proof 150-160 range and I like too add at least 4oz. Of refined oil. I have gone much much higher, however taste and dosing becomes sketchy. 5+ shots and your pissing the bed. I prefer a nice steady buzzzzzzz. I have also been adding panaleous mushrooms too my last couple bottles, this is a very enjoyable experience. However my first go round I ended up trying too hide inside a litter box too hide from fractals so discretion is advised, lol.

papapayne

papapayne

That's interesting. When researching grape phylloxera last year I kept coming across the concept of simply choosing resistant cultivars rather than fighting an uphill battle.

Yep...mildew and fungi are agriculturally speaking, huge enemies as even "treated" crops lose a % of every harvest to mildews. Natural resistance is usually the most effective way. I have personally see my wet dreams and black sour bubble x caseyband x white rhino, Dream lotus x vortex in flower 9 weeks touching leaves with plants that have active fruiting PM, and not get a single solitary spec. I've also seen strains that have little resistance be treated with every regiment you can think of...weekly sulfur burns, alternating weekly neem /green cure, in perfectly controlled environments refruit from clean cuttings.

A lot of people don't really understand this with pm - the part you see is the equivalent of their fruits. Like their "flowers" that are active to spread spores . The real issue with pm is the parts you cant see. It lives inside the plant tissues, colonizing inside. When conditions are right it triggers a bloom of it (the white powder on leaves) Even if you keep a perfectly controlled environment, any cutting off a mother that has EVER showed pm has the virus inside of it waiting to bloom. Now, there are systemic things that kill the internal virus (theortically) ie- Copper, Phosphoric acid, and there is a bacteria - can't even begin to pretend I remember the latin name for it (dont tell my botany professor)!

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I have also been adding panaleous mushrooms too my last couple bottles, this is a very enjoyable experience..

Been a long time since I shroomed, but that would be the best way by far. I used to make a tea, or eat them with nacho cheese Doritos. Yuck. Tea was always preferred.

box269

box269

New here so just went through the whole thread. Took awhile lol. Looks great. Would love some outdoor space likd that. Nice selections and congrats for beatin the mites. That hassan sounds amazing, its gotta be if you gave that much and ive seen what youve smoked lol. I myself have been trying to find the best ive ever had lost strain. Trouble is it had no name lol. It was just called "indica" lol. From the late 90's. Will be watchin.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Thank you very much mods, please close this thread as well. It has run it's course. Thanks for the extra work lately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom