• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Bad News

I have been scoping the plants daily, and I found some live broad mites. As of now, they are extremely sparse. It took me 5 min of scoping an infected looking leaf before I actually found some live BM's. So the battle is still on. I was thinking of using Azamax on the lower branches and the soil. I just ordered some Caps Benies foliar, in hopes that will aid me through flower. I also have Spinosad to keep them at bay. F-ing broad mites.

Plants look good. Starting to stink up the neighborhood.
With plants that big pretty much impossible to do full coverage:( sprays.
Hopefully they will stay on the plants that are already sick.
Did you only spray avid during nuke week?

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Shoot I'm thinning my plants out too. Shame to cut so many good branches. started battling the little bastards couple days ago. Forbid 2 days ago. Avid tonight. Micronized sulfur after that followed by a rinse off. Have a bottle of pylon on the way too. Might get some of caps bio foliar per recommendation caregiverken

I picked up my regalia at johnnies seeds - no license necessary. As s preventative, the stuff is amazing

papapayne

papapayne

dang, that sucks about the bm. From all I have heard about them, don't sound like fun. I am hoping that my battle with root aphids last year is penance for a while yet and don't get the BM plague to. Although, i guess given enough cycles I imagine everyone will have to fight em someday. Here's hoping for a successful counterattack!

And ya, the gogi impressed me to. I normally don't grow ogs, as 95% the time I find them to be waste of space compared to my other genetics, but found both the dog kush from Breeders boutique, and the gogi og from bohdi and both have stuck around my garden a while now. my gogi is an f2 selected from a large pool of males/females of the gogi, but both were selected based on bohdis description. I also have his testers of gogi f3 x nepali og i need to test.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Shoot I'm thinning my plants out too. Shame to cut so many good branches. started battling the little bastards couple days ago. Forbid 2 days ago. Avid tonight. Micronized sulfur after that followed by a rinse off. Have a bottle of pylon on the way too. Might get some of caps bio foliar per recommendation caregiverken

I picked up my regalia at johnnies seeds - no license necessary. As s preventative, the stuff is amazing
I'd spray all three twice. So avid forbid pylon first three days then repeat one more time.

ODFarminSSH

ODFarminSSH

dang, that sucks about the bm. From all I have heard about them, don't sound like fun. I am hoping that my battle with root aphids last year is penance for a while yet and don't get the BM plague to. Although, i guess given enough cycles I imagine everyone will have to fight em someday. Here's hoping for a successful counterattack!

And ya, the gogi impressed me to. I normally don't grow ogs, as 95% the time I find them to be waste of space compared to my other genetics, but found both the dog kush from Breeders boutique, and the gogi og from bohdi and both have stuck around my garden a while now. my gogi is an f2 selected from a large pool of males/females of the gogi, but both were selected based on bohdis description. I also have his testers of gogi f3 x nepali og i need to test.
All we can do is be preventative, if you've never seen them pretend you already have them…they are here, you don't ever want to see them!

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I'm curious how residual abermectin or spiromesifen in cannabis compares to what you find in a pack of cheap cigarettes. And what's better, smoking good bud with some trace residuals, or smoking swag filled with dead mites?

As for not spraying flowers, broad mites live all over your pistils. I can see them with my cheap 100x portable kids microscope. As is the nature of most agriculture, not all farmers can afford a heavy losse to their crops. It's already covered a third of my garden and that's only looking at the obvious ones. Better to nuke them than to lose everything.

That being said, I'm not trying to grow poison. My flowers are in their infancy and if there are residuals, I'm confident they will be minuscule. My farming practices are mostly organic, and I'm setting up my farm to emulate some permacultural ideas. I try to be conscious of waterways and beneficial insects. but I'm not going to fuck around if it's threatening the whole farm and the tens of thousands that I've had to put into it this year (new property)

Spray twice I will with Chems, then once with sulfur. If I see anything alive a week after that, I'll stick with caps biowar and mighty wash.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

With plants that big pretty much impossible to do full coverage:( sprays.
Hopefully they will stay on the plants that are already sick.
Did you only spray avid during nuke week?

I used another product in the same bottle, then another product 7 days later. Pm me if exact brands are needed. Products that you better make sure you PPE's are on point, which is why I am not saying brands. Plus, I had been knocking them back with neem or azamax every three days for a month.

If Chuck Norris was a mite, broad mites would kick his ass.

I wish I had thought of the sulpher, however I was spraying neem pretty often. I think neem and sulfer is a no, no.

I just ordered some caps bio-war. I have heard too many good things. Also can be used up until harvest, so it might be the last product that can be used during flower.

I used my chemical cocktail before August, and before any nugs formed. I personally wouldn't use those products during flower. However I said I wouldn't use those products period, now scratch that.

That gogi f3 x nepali og sounds fantastic.

If you want to avoid BM's, don't accept clones. Apparently that includes tomato and pepper starts from your local nursery. Next year, everything is from seed.

I'd spray all three twice. So avid forbid pylon first three days then repeat one more time.

You would spray this late into flower? Around my parts, flower starts August 1st, so nugs should be forming up fairly well by now.

All we can do is be preventative, if you've never seen them pretend you already have them…they are here, you don't ever want to see them!

What kind of spraying are you talking? Do you use chemicals as preventives, or just organics? I was spraying preventive neem sprays, about every other week. Still got hit.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Nevermind @500lbs Guerilla, you answered before I posted, lol.

So I am going to ask, but don't want to know the answer.......How long would it take for broad mites to take over a crop? If left unchecked, are we talking months, weeks or days? Like I said, atm, I have an extremely small outbreak on one plant, however we all know that means they are all over.

ODFarminSSH

ODFarminSSH

My plan seemed to work flawless but I will always be apprehensive.

Beginning of veg: plants only 1-2' tall all where treated with chemical spray (forbid+avid) repeated 1-2 weeks later
Pre flower: micronized sulphur was applied, later washed off. 1-2wk later swarski mites applied and started foliar sprays with beneficial biologics true blooms and caps foliar pack
Flower/harvest: continuing usage with all my benies and crossing fingers that with help of predatory mites they'll all keep the Borg at bay.

As of today OD looks beautiful and have yet to see a single sign or view under a microscope of the micro ba$****s. For almost 90% farmers around me, they are either treating "plant deficiencies" or they have figured out they have been invaded

ODFarminSSH

ODFarminSSH

I don't wish BM or RM on my worst enemy...sorry to see your struggle. There are some "hippie" concoctions I've heard of, further up the mountain, I will track some down and report here with you.
So late in flower there are some products "green clean" "sucrashield" that may be effective used repetively but I can't vouch 100% for effects on finished meds
@500lbs Guerilla sometimes the nuke has to be dropped to prevent complete annihilation...I've seen these fkrs successfully destroy entire gardens. If your seeing them live in bloom extreme measures may definitely be warranted. The flowers are what they came for

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
@Bulldog11 I was gonna quoet you but there's to many other quotes lol
Anyways you asked if I would spray this late and my answer is maybe but I would probally not smoke it and get rid of it in the black market. If my well being depended on it as gorilla said.
But if your gonna spray you have to spray all three avid pylon and forbid 1 after another 6 days in a row.
Spraying just one will NOT kill them I promise.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I think I decided it is what it is. I am going to spray with Spinosad and OG bio war from here on out, and hope the bugs stay at bay. So far, they are staying in super low populations, however the weather is turning and the temps will be much closer to their ideal temps here over the next couple weeks. Cross my fingers.

I also picked up some Regalia, so I will be using that for the first time as well.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

I think I decided it is what it is. I am going to spray with Spinosad and OG bio war from here on out, and hope the bugs stay at bay. So far, they are staying in super low populations, however the weather is turning and the temps will be much closer to their ideal temps here over the next couple weeks. Cross my fingers.

I also picked up some Regalia, so I will be using that for the first time as well.

IME Spinosad only slows them down a bit, no matter how much you spray, but is safe to spray on buds. what about Azadirachtin based product?

personally i think almost anything is worth spraying even on buds if you get mites late in the season, only if its just to prevent them from spreading to another plant/s.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
@GrowGod is correct Avid and forbid have to be used together the same time. Twice.
but it has to be done before the flowers set. it stays in the plant for at least 60 days maybe less outside in the sun though

and I don't think avid can travel to new growth. So, anything that grows after you spray it probably doesn't have it in it idk

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
@GrowGod is correct Avid and forbid have to be used together the same time. Twice.
but it has to be done before the flowers set. it stays in the plant for at least 60 days maybe less outside in the sun though

and I don't think avid can travel to new growth. So, anything that grows after you spray it probably doesn't have it in it idk
Gorilla man stated he was spraying so I suggested to spray all three products. I personally would not smoke the product due to how much I smoke 7-14 grams a day :). People who buy pot on average is probally between 1/2-1 gram a day.
Really it is just too late especially with the giant plants these guys have. There's no way you will get every inch of those plants.
No matter how long you have grown When the BM's hits you it really humbles the shit out of everyone! It sure humbled me.
It all comes down to passing cuts, No one wants to admit it but someone gave you those cuts that were invisible until it's to late. I was indoor when they hit me so I lost a few months of work. Outside were talking a whole years crop:shifty:

papapayne

papapayne

^what he said. My humbling one was root aphids...Now every bag of soil gets thoroughly checked, and I rarely accept cuts from anyone, and when I do, have a room in the the house separate from the other rooms that is quarantine. I personally would rather smoke mites then avid, that's just me though. In veg, I go hog wild when needed, but come week 4-5 of flowers..I don't like spraying anything. I do BT, and EWC foliars, but thats about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom