Norcal Outdoor Medical, Organic Forest Grow. First Grow Log

• Thread starter BudBogart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudBogart

BudBogart

To all of you responding, thank you so very much. To Greenhouser, a special thanks for rallying such a group of knowledgeable growers to give me aid.
Now, I haven't ph'd my soil since planting in May. It was 6.5 at that time. I have a rather dubious probe and some strips. I will ph this hole this morning.
I have a scope and will bring some plant back to the house and give it my best at finding any cause.
The plants have not been dry, wet or cold. Very hot during the day, cooling at night, very typical.
The plants have received top dressing of fish meal for n, fish bone meal for p and kelp for k, only occasionally as we are relying on the soil itself to supply what's needed. It's possible that I didn't get something spread out when I watered it in?
Anyway, with all of your contributions in hand we know our next steps for this morning. I will, of course, update.
Much thanks,
Bud and Petunia

BudBogart

BudBogart

Good Saturday morning Mr. and Mrs. BudBogart, I'm really glad to see the great support you are getting from our awesome group of members here. I believe in always removing bad leaves or branches on any kind of plant as needed through the grow. I agree with Ecompost on checking the ph level for a drop causing the burn. My biggest concern is it seems like most of your plants are just starting to flower very late in the season to properly finish. How late can you grow where you live?

A great morning to you! Our growing season lasts until the day before the first serious rain and windstorm destroys any standing cannabis. That can occur as early as mid October to early November. We usually have a few days warning when they see a big storm heading our way.
But yes, they need to get this show on the road. At least we won't have any big colas that would be most prone to rot.
Your prediction on the early blueberry seems to be correct. She looks to be ready in the short future.
We have a dinafem blue cheese that has a good start on flowering.
Barneys LSD and Louds Dream showing promise.
It's the bigger plants like blue dream and one big original amnesia that are being a bit slow.
( I say we won't have any big colas because we topped them all).
Well, breakfast is here, and then to the garden we go. Have an awesome weekend.

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

To all of you responding, thank you so very much. To Greenhouser, a special thanks for rallying such a group of knowledgeable growers to give me aid.
Now, I haven't ph'd my soil since planting in May. It was 6.5 at that time. I have a rather dubious probe and some strips. I will ph this hole this morning.
I have a scope and will bring some plant back to the house and give it my best at finding any cause.
The plants have not been dry, wet or cold. Very hot during the day, cooling at night, very typical.
The plants have received top dressing of fish meal for n, fish bone meal for p and kelp for k, only occasionally as we are relying on the soil itself to supply what's needed. It's possible that I didn't get something spread out when I watered it in?
Anyway, with all of your contributions in hand we know our next steps for this morning. I will, of course, update.
Much thanks,
Bud and Petunia
no worries. Gad I could draw attention

BudBogart

BudBogart

can you test the media pH? Do you have a reliable probe? if you are going acidic you may be losing nutrients. It might not be a great idea to add more nutes before learning if the pH is swinging, since it may be the added Cations in a Calcium input would further add to the problems of CEC overload.

Has the plant been dry? Wet? Cold? Hot? If we can rule out extremes of environmentals and pH, we can say its a pest, what pest is hard to know, there are so many.

There are some pests that cause this problem where branches appear to die on otherwise healthy plants, these are borer grubs, moth larvae etc, usually tiny little maggot/ worm looking things, pink, orange, yellow in color but possibly many others too. They are so small and easy to miss, they crawl in to dark parts of the plant and chew in to the stems, this is terminal.
I have had plants that have been attacked outside by this moth larva, like a corn ear worm, they literally gave my plants Botrytis mate, it was terminal I am sorry to say. You may try to apply a bio control such as Bti ot BtK, Beauveria Bassiana, Trichoderma, used systematically it might prevent a recurrence, but i would say you probably may well notice the plant getting increasingly worse, more bud will turn brown and decay. You may just have to cut your losses and consider netting future plants to keep this moth or possible intruder off the plants. No easy task in light of the size. If you cut a branch, you may be too late if the infection, if this is what it is, has reached the Vascular system, and opening a new wound might make things worse anyway if spores are in the locale.

sorry not to be more positive, sometimes we have to accept losses, if we can know why, we can hope to mitigate in the future, this might not help today.

Thank you so much for giving this your attention. Totally does help today. I don't need to win every battle and a lesson learned for a branch lost is not a bad trade.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've never seen anything quite like that. If it follows a pattern it's more likely to be nutrient-related, but if not it's more likely to be a disease. It appears to be following a pattern, and it appears that it's upper growth. So I find myself wondering if you're growing on... damn it, I can't remember what the rock type is.. serpentine/serpentinite? It's green and it is incredibly high in boron, and thus tends to lock out Ca. I think a soil test is in order here.

Moto

Moto

Much thanks,
Bud and Petunia

Keep us updated on your plants friend. :) Sorry I am late, but on a positive note there has been great advice already given in the thread. :) I hope you'll are doing well. :)

I enjoyed growing Lsd by Barneys Farm in the past.. Great yielder and frosty dense nugs. The pheno I had was a very sativa uppity happy high. Had a strong pine type smell. if this helps any. :)

Oh and Hey Green

Last edited:
Srenots

Srenots

Keep us updated friend on your plants friend. :) Sorry I am late, but on a positive note there has been great advice already given in the thread. :) I hope you'll are doing well. :)

I enjoyed growing Lsd by Barneys Farm in the past.. Great yielder and frosty dense nugs. The pheno I had was a very sativa uppity happy high. Had a strong pine type smell. if this helps any. :)
sounds amazing the LSD...thx for info...

BudBogart

BudBogart

Hi farmers, just wanted to post an update.
I first used a magnifying glass for an overall exam and then I checked leaves and new growth area with a 60X and under 100X scope and found nothing of even remote suspicion, of course I'm no expert.
Then I checked the soil ph and its clocking right at 6.5.
I checked the stems of the stiff or woody area...they scratch green with my thumbnail, seemed healthy.
The rest of the garden is thriving, only one branch and it doesn't seem to be spreading to the other branch.
Now, I don't know if roots work like this, but maybe some nitrogen fish meal top dressed pooled in one area creating a hot spot on roots feeding that one branch and not the other?
We gave it our best try, the outpouring of support touched our hearts. You all rock!

BudBogart

BudBogart

Keep us updated on your plants friend. :) Sorry I am late, but on a positive note there has been great advice already given in the thread. :) I hope you'll are doing well. :)

Oh and Hey Green

Thank you Moto, yes, I think collectively we afforded that branch unparalleled attention. What a nice group of growers here.

The LSD is certainly showing promise, lots of upright nuggets starting, one of the earlier strains to flower in earnest. Very sativa looking leaves on my three, all seem to be the same pheno, good to see.
I also have one Barneys pineapple chunk. She is one of the prettiest plants I have, very uniform canopy, never needed super cropping. I wish to hell she would start flowering now, lol.
Thanks for coming by!, Bud and Petunia.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I've never seen anything quite like that. If it follows a pattern it's more likely to be nutrient-related, but if not it's more likely to be a disease. It appears to be following a pattern, and it appears that it's upper growth. So I find myself wondering if you're growing on... damn it, I can't remember what the rock type is.. serpentine/serpentinite? It's green and it is incredibly high in boron, and thus tends to lock out Ca. I think a soil test is in order here.
Thank you, Seamaiden. I appreciate you taking a look. So far it is contained to one of two main branches. Hopefully it will remain localized. I have checked ph and scoped. Both were good. We shall see. We certainly appreciate the insight we have received. Peace, Bud and Petunia

BudBogart

BudBogart

feminised
Yes. With no desire to breed or produce seed we seem to be a good match with feminized. We have plant number limitations as well as plot size limitations and we completely push those trying to grow enough seedlings to select stronger plants.
And, of course, I got to circumvent taking the plants out of veg to determine the sex. I was able to go full steam ahead right out of the seedling box.
If I was a younger man I would enjoy trying to create my own special smoke / seeds but open growing season came too late in my life, not that I'm complaining about the times I have been blessed to live in. Now, just possibly more than you asked, lol.

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

Yes. With no desire to breed or produce seed we seem to be a good match with feminized. We have plant number limitations as well as plot size limitations and we completely push those trying to grow enough seedlings to select stronger plants.
And, of course, I got to circumvent taking the plants out of veg to determine the sex. I was able to go full steam ahead right out of the seedling box.
If I was a younger man I would enjoy trying to create my own special smoke / seeds but open growing season came too late in my life, not that I'm complaining about the times I have been blessed to live in. Now, just possibly more than you asked, lol.
I'm in same boat, I love feminised seeds. Glad everything workin out

BudBogart

BudBogart

How I Participated in an Undercover Police Raid...true story

This happened here at the ranch, 4-5 years back.

Some of you know we have a rather unique location for our ranch. It is almost 2 miles past the end of a county road. It is a private road maintained by us property owners. Marked "no trespassing ".
I am the last property except for an unpermitted cabin, unoccupied many years, easiest accessed by going thru my property, across a creek and then up a four by track. It's about 1/2 mile from my house.
Okay, so anyway...one day I see a car parked in front of my gate (already 2 miles into trespassing). I find a man and two women pushing a baby stroller across my property. I confronted them, they claimed to be visiting peeps on top of the hill. Since they were pushing a baby stroller, it was a beautiful day and we do own a lovely piece of forest, I let them continue on their walk. This was, let's say 3:00 p.m.
So, 8:00 at night roles around, it's dark, and the car is still parked in front of the gate. The first thing I realiEd was that there had been no baby covered in the stroller. Too small of a package.
Next I realized that they "must" have gone to the cabin. There is absolutely nothing to keep people occupied for hours behind our property.
I thought about calling the sheriff, telling the story about a little baby being possibly lost in the forest. That would have been fun to watch as the sheriffs clamored thru the forest and finding the jerks in the cabin, but I like to go to bed early, so I passed on getting this "country entertainment" for the evening. Like I say, by this time I knew there was no baby.
So, next morning I called the cabin owner. The car was now gone but I wanted to let the owner know someone had apparently broken into the cabin. I gave him the license number of the car.
Okay, next morning I get a call from someone who identifies himself as a detective from our county sheriffs office.
Him, mr. Bogart, this is a courtesy call to let you know we will shortly be conducting a raid on the cabin behind your property. We don't look like police officers and we don't want to alarm you.
Me....Okay, I will open the back gate so you can go right thru.
Him...no, we don't want to tip our hand
Me...(realizing that telling him no one was back at the cabin, or that I could unlock the gate because the cabin was still hella far behind the gate). Said...okay, I'll have the key to the gate for you when you get here.
We hang up. I call the cabin owner and tell him of the impending raid.
Cabin Owner...yeah, you owe me a big one. The sheriff called about the raid. I tried to give him directions to the cabin, but he said he was looking at the cabin on Google maps. I told him he couldn't see our cabin on Google maps, sure enough, they were going to raid your house, Bud Bogart!
Okay, dodged a huge bullet right there, lol. Would NOT have gone well for old Bud.

Oh yes, the raid. Should be said, Bud loves all people, regardless color of skin or uniform. Everybody has a part in making the world go round.
Two pick ups roll in carrying three long hair, full bearded guys looking like undercover cops looking like meth bikers. I immediately give the gate key to the leader. I tell him that after he has had a chance to survey the area I would be willing to give them a ride across the knee high creek in my utv, their 4X4 were not equipt to go much further. I don't know why I offered other than I would have done it for anyone with a legitimate need to cross the creek. I guaranteed him no one could hear us from the cabin to the creek,
So, they suited up in vests and guns strapped to their knee area?? And hopped in my UTV and off we went. Got them across the creek, quietly gave them my cell number to call after they cleared the cabin and I would climb the hill and give them a ride home.
They cleared the cabin, called me and I went up and brought them all back to their trucks.
They obviously appreciated being treated like human beings. I'm glad I did it.

Top Bottom