Norcal Outdoor Medical, Organic Forest Grow. First Grow Log

• Thread starter BudBogart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moto

Moto

Hey all, I just got a new camera so I can catch some trichome pictures. I hope the work. I really just practicing, I will do better, learning curve and all, lol. Old men and technology...no problem

They look amazing and nice job on the photographs. :D I have the same socks in different colors. LOL My girlfriend bought them as a present. WOOT

Hope you been well friend and thanks for sharing.

Moto

Moto

Moto

Blue Cheese after the rain. An unusual pistil pattern. She should be the first to come down. It looks like sunny days ahead.
We had some rain Sunday night. The nets did their job and saved several branches from breaking. I shook some branches yesterday.
I hope everyone made it through the rain as well as we did.View attachment 638146View attachment 638147

I love the colors on this photograph and glad to hear your year is coming to an end with good results.. Fantastic frost and lovely buds.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I understand completely what you're dealing with as I deal with the same weather as you .
The rain has to be so bad that White powedery mildew is a issue to worry about the buds . I think your sceening will hold the branches but you can watch for brken branches and remove them . I had some brake before harvest .
The rain and the humidity will be the issue for the buds .
Blowing off your plants isn't such a far fetched idea if you can do it without blowing the buds off the plants :) .
If I could keep from harvesting by doing so you can be sure I'd have the blower out :)
I shake my plants to get the extra water off of them , if I think it's a issue .
Oct. here will be when we ususally get alot more rain , so as you are doing, keep an eye out for any rot after the warm back up time after it rains .
If you don't see any rot happening you have nothing to worry about but broken branches .
Rain is a good thing until humidity gets involved from warming back up the buds , that's when they rot .
I think you'll see White Powdery mildew showing up on he fan leaves before you see rot .
You can deal with the mildew with milk and baking soda , if that's a issue I'll tlak with you about that, it's nt a big deal to do and it works well .
The rain and humidity are a issue for me as I'm not in full sun , so White Powdery mildew issues .
Your plants are in full sun and have a better chance to dry out without issue after it rians as long as the rain doesn't just keep coming.
Then you do have a problem , but you take crae of that by harvesting .
So wait until the last minute , you'll see when and you'll feel it's time by the weather if you have no more sun coming .
The only reason I harvested is mine when I did was the buds couldn't last any longer as they were so far done. I waited until the last mintue to harvest and it worked out perfect . I was afraid they would rot from being so finished and wanted to harvest , but I held off and everything looked great when I did harvest .
That's the bud next to me now I'm working on smoking :)
If the rain doesn't stop and you waited until then , which I would unless my plants were done , go harvest in the rain and bring it inside .
As far as for the plants living off the soil , that's the way you want it towards the end of the grow season or the leaves won't change from green to yellow as easy from all the Nitrogen still being added to the substrate - soil .
My strain ate Nitrogen until they were harvested but they are Nitrogen eaters and yellow even with Nitrogen added until I harvest . The more leave the plant eats the less you have to trim later :)
I give my plants nutrients sparingly at the end so the plant eats itself - yelllow leaves .
Use your own judgement when to harvest by what happens weather wise , trust your judgement , you know and see what's happening in ral time there , so you'll be the best one to say it's time to harvest and why .
It hasn't been to bad weather wise here so far , the days will shorten even more every day , the plants will hurry to finish because they sence that . So hopefully less daylight will speed up your finishing time bud wise .
No nutrients , just water when needed is great as you're doing . Smoke on :) Hope all was well in your beautiful garden !
This post is just full of what I need to be knowing right now.
Hope all is going great.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Th
Gosh they look great! I'm so glad that the weather is cooperating for you and letting you stagger your harvest. Things are coming to a end here in Colorado with the temps dropping. The front range is in its first freeze warning overnight. Tomorrow we will have highs in the fifty's and then low thirty's Thursday night. Plus a chance of snow. It's really been a pleasure hanging out with you though your grow. You've made me feel like I'm right there!:)[/QU
Thank you. You have been helping us since the very beginning. We are very lucky to have this window of sunshine but a few like the blue dream are gonna drag this out to the bitter end.
My theory on growing sativa was smaller slimmer buds wouldn't get bud rot. Looking at these overgrown trees has me rethinking that decision. It's still a gamble I am glad I took because I really want some good sativa. Have a great weekend.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Well, I finally cleaned out the drying room and organized the storage closet, gathered all the jars. I think the Blue Cheese is ready. Just letting her blue up in the cold nights. I may take her today or tomorrow. I may wait and get a couple more good days of sun on her.
First picture is my posse. You mess with me, you mess with them.
Loving the camera. I like sending pictures to my computer from the garden via wifi. I feel so high tech.
We have someone who helps clean every couple of weeks. I always get her stoned before she starts. She already knowabout the garden, the drying room, etc., and she will be able to help with some trimming. Also Petunia, aka Mrs. Bogart has saved a weeks vacation so that she can help trim. Its still gonna be a challenge, what a happy challenge to have/.
100516 056
100516 086
100516 087
100516 110
100516 111
100516 122

Moto

Moto

Well, I finally cleaned out the drying room and organized the storage closet, gathered all the jars. I think the Blue Cheese is ready. Just letting her blue up in the cold nights. I may take her today or tomorrow. I may wait and get a couple more good days of sun on her.
First picture is my posse. You mess with me, you mess with them.
Loving the camera. I like sending pictures to my computer from the garden via wifi. I feel so high tech.
We have someone who helps clean every couple of weeks. I always get her stoned before she starts. She already knowabout the garden, the drying room, etc., and she will be able to help with some trimming. Also Petunia, aka Mrs. Bogart has saved a weeks vacation so that she can help trim. Its still gonna be a challenge, what a happy challenge to have/.View attachment 638599 View attachment 638601 View attachment 638602 View attachment 638603 View attachment 638604 View attachment 638605

Your journal and photographs skills are great. :) Glad to see Yourself and Petunia are knocking things out over there. :D Looks like you have a lovely Posse. What breed are they and names? If you don't mind sharing of course ;)

It does take a lot of time to harvest etc.. All worth it in the end when toking up some great clean herb in the lungs. :D IMO

Moto

BudBogart

BudBogart

Thank you, moto! The black and white is chihuahua poodle bishon mix, two years old named Minnie.
The other is daisy. Don't know her breed. My wife found her starving and flea and tick infested. She was miserable with all but four of her teeth rotting and infected. Filthy, bones showing under skin. Found her in the Bay Area city of Vallejo. Brought her to the ranch where she is with me 24/7. She sleeps in our bed and probably thinks she died and went to heaven. My wife prepares salmon, chicken, beef or turkey with rice in a blender to feed our crew of two. Watching this dog come alive has been more than worth the vet costs involved. She is my little shadow now, lol.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Dang, now the weather is saying chance of rain starting next Friday and lasting a few days.
So I guess a plan is to let things enjoy the dry warm days and cool nights and then remove the blue cheese currently drying and fill the room next Thursday with whatever is ready. I can only fit 5 plants in the drying room at one time. That will probably work out great next Thursday but five plants a week puts us out into November before we have room for those big ol blue dreams. I guess we need to consider another drying area in the detached, un insulated garage. Interesting times ahead, it's getting exciting. Please stay tuned for the next exciting episode, lol. We will go up to the garden and try to figure how this is likely to play out.
Have a great weekend!

BudBogart

BudBogart

slight change of plans. We decided to cut two more today. The Akorn which has something going on up top like burn or shortage so she is not gonna get prime drying space time. She looks done enough but will have to taste a lot better than she looks if she ever wants to get passed around our campfires.
The other one is a loud dream that looks ready. I was going to let her enjoy these last few days but I need to utilize the dry room now to avoid backing up later.
This loud has the prettiest autumnal colors on her leaves that I hate to see her go. She seems to be right on point and we are looking forward to a good dry and cure. We are headed back to the garden to fetch her now that we finished our homemade brunch. Happy times.

Marksurfs

Marksurfs

Very pretty and you sure have your hands full with the harvest , I don't envey you there , lots of work ahead but cured right and you'll have bud like I do coming out your ears :)
I can't possibly smoke all the buds I have :) A terrible problem to have ;) And I keep creating more since I grow all year round .
Buds keep piling up but it's strored away in a nice cool area in sealed contains .
I burp the containers when there's no moisutre in the air if I can help it about once a month just to make sure what's going on with the cure and get a wiff of the great smelling buds . I love to smell how the cure is coming along . Smells great and each grow has it's own special oder depending on how it was grown .
I don't see any THC deficiency , I see beautiful buds ready to be harvested . Nice job ! By you and the Misses :)

BudBogart

BudBogart

Very pretty and you sure have your hands full with the harvest , I don't envey you there , lots of work ahead but cured right and you'll have bud like I do coming out your ears :)
I can't possibly smoke all the buds I have :) A terrible problem to have ;) And I keep creating more since I grow all year round .
Buds keep piling up but it's strored away in a nice cool area in sealed contains .
I burp the containers when there's no moisutre in the air if I can help it about once a month just to make sure what's going on with the cure and get a wiff of the great smelling buds . I love to smell how the cure is coming along . Smells great and each grow has it's own special oder depending on how it was grown .
I don't see any THC deficiency , I see beautiful buds ready to be harvested . Nice job ! By you and the Misses :)
Thanks Mark. I've got the harvesting all figured out. I live on the quiet side of an area renowned for its upick apples, pumpkins, Christmas trees, etc. so busy during harvest season that cal trans and chp routinely direct upickers from our freeway exit.
One big cardboard sign reading " Buds U Pick" with an arrow heading down my dead end road... It's gonna work great until the CHP notices the cars all turning the wrong way!

BudBogart

BudBogart

Well, if your not willing to go with the flow and alter your plan a bit you probably should get a different hobby.
That being said, during a trichome scope check in the field, I found a bud that showed the smallest amount of bud rot. I removed the 6 inch bud and picked her apart. A couple of the sugar leaves pulled off feeling spongy. Good news is there are a very fair amount of Amber and the rest very milky so I think I should take her this afternoon while the atmosphere is dry and give her a prime dry spot in the house.
The other executive decision I made today is to put drying lines in the garage and NOT try and rush the plants in the house by taking them down Thursday after 5 or 6 days. The humidity is running in the sixties in the dry room and I like the slow speed at which this batch is progressing compared to our early bud light harvest.
The garage as a drying room is unheated. We can keep the doors closed to keep the storm from blowing thru but that's about it.

Top Bottom