Norcal Outdoor Medical, Organic Forest Grow. First Grow Log

• Thread starter BudBogart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marksurfs

Marksurfs

I'll post how I do it here . I don't see any where else on the website to post it , plus you can come to your own post to get the idea of what I do to make bulk hash , if 5 gallons bags is concidered bulk . It is for my grows :) .
The first pictures are what I use when I make the hash , I use 2 buckets as I'm doing this by myself . The white bucket has holes in it and is doubled up with another bucket underneath it . It's where I do the hash . The orange container I use first as it has no holes in it . When I put the water I will need to process the hash with , it won't all pour out as it would if I put the bags directly into the white container as the hole in the white container lets the water drain to well at first , so the orange conatiner with no holes in it . This way I don't have to hold the bags the full time the water drains from the bads . When you have 2 people , one can hold the bags as the water drains to speed up the process .
You'll see what I mean about water draining and why as we go through the pictures . I'm not sure what the limit of posting pictures here a day so I'll post what I can as I can .
This is the way I do water-ice processing . No one taught me to do this . I've just done it this way for years and it works great .

IMG 4346
IMG 4347
IMG 4354
IMG 4357
IMG 4347
IMG 4356
Marksurfs

Marksurfs

Fill the container without holes in it with bags in the right order, the larger hole mesh bags first down to the fine mesh last , with water put into the container until the mesh is covered . That way no vegetable matter will be in your extracted hash . If you didn't put the water into the bucket first , the powder of the plant would fall through the Hash Bags mesh .
The less vegatable matter in your hash the less chance of molding later .
The bags will have mesh sizes on a tag on the bag so you'll know which one is which and what order to put them in the containers .
THC by itself is oilbase and won't mold . Due to hash having some degree of vegatable matter in it, even when it's done right you can get mold .
I keep my hash frozen until I use it after I dry it out just to make sure moisture from rain or humidity won't damage the hash in my room . It's possible to get mold if it's not dried out enough if not frozen .
It is oil base so you can wash it off if it molds . It won't be the THC that has the mold , so the mold would wash away . Just to make sure you don't get mold , if you have more hash like me than you can smoke , freeze it or make sure it doesn't get around moisture and is very dry .

IMG 4352
IMG 4358
IMG 4359
IMG 4361
IMG 4362
IMG 4364
Marksurfs

Marksurfs

Save some of your ice so you can add it as you need it to keep the water ICE cold. The idea of this is to freeze the trichomes right off the plant matter and have it fall through the mesh . When you put your hand in the water it should be so cold you wish you never put your hand in there . Your not trying to wash off the trichomes , you are freezing it off .
Mix for around 5 minutes to start to get everything good and cold and well mixed with the ice and let sit for around 20 minutes, then go back to the container, you'll see the trim and buds are now floating on the top, push it back under the ice by tamping it with your mixer to keep the bed - trim under and mixed withte ice so it freezes it's little trichomes right off :)

IMG 4363
IMG 4365
IMG 4368
IMG 4369
Last edited:
Marksurfs

Marksurfs

For a hour I mix periodically , about every 15 to 20 minutes and psuh down what ever floats up if I look while going by the container . I cover it as to not let anything from the trees around me from falling into my buckets .
In about 1 hour from starting the process I add ice again .
The reason I let the ice sit so long with what I'm extracting is there is alot of trim and bud in the containers when I do it and I'm not about to lose any of it . If I were to be running smaller batches of hash , I'd not let it take so long to do the extraction. So in this case, size does matter :)

IMG 4370
IMG 4372
IMG 4376
IMG 4379
IMG 4380
Marksurfs

Marksurfs

3 hours have passed since I started and it's time to remove the first bag and dump the buds-trim which should have most to all the THC off the plants by now and have a great product . If you wanted you could dry the trim-bud stuff out and get oil from it but that's for another day :) If the water is still sticky if I pick my hand in it when I'm done processing, I keep that and dry it out for use later . The rest goes to the compost pile .

IMG 4392
IMG 4391
IMG 4393
IMG 4394
Marksurfs

Marksurfs

2nd bag and time to start collecting hash . Each bag will have a better grade of hash in it. The first or really your sencond bag, the red one will have semi good hash . The third bag , yellow in my case will have the second best hash and will produce the most yeild of all the bags . The purple bag, your last bag is harder to get the water out of so I have a way I do it so not to lose any purple bag hash . Most people force the water through the last bag, I don't do that , you lose a bunch of fine trichomes by forcing the water trhough the bags . To get the water out of the bags with 2 people , one person takes something like a board with no splinters and smack the bottom of the bags softly to get them to drain. The hash will try and clog the mesh of the bags . Just don't force the water through them and you'll be alright , let it flow out naturally , no force .
The little mesh pad is to drain off any extra water from your hash when you remove it from the bags. You press the hash with the fine mesh to get out all the water possible before you dry it out or freeze it . I freeze it as soon as I make it since I have more than I can use by smoking it now .

IMG 4395
IMG 4396
IMG 4397
IMG 4398
Marksurfs

Marksurfs

This is the 4th bag and the hardest to get the water to drain . I let this bag sit until all the hash has settled on the bottom of the bag . Then I take a cup and remove most to all the water and not stir up the hash at the bottom of the bag . If I accidentally stur things up and can see the hash is in the water , I let it sit for a bit and start removing the water after things settle down .

IMG 4424
IMG 4425
IMG 4426
IMG 4429
IMG 4431
Marksurfs

Marksurfs

This is my High Tec way of drying the hash :) Nice and slow and all the way through it , very low heat . Then back into the freezer until smoked......... Make sure also you clean and dry your Hash Bags when you're finished so they don't mold or get mold on them from left overs

IMG 4448
IMG 4449
IMG 4450
IMG 4451
IMG 4452
Last edited:
M

MrsBudBogart

Heya folks. Lookin' good out there.

Bubble bags are what ya use to make water extracted hash...aka "bubble hash". http://www.bubblebag.com/ (there are many other brands out there...these are expensive but built well)

Definitely a MUST for a garden of your size. You can run all of that larf/trim and end up with some seriously smoke-able goodness. Thanks to "legalization", (and the serious decimation of the market for small time growers here) I am planning on running most of my harvest through the bags this year. If it works out as planned we will be smoking hash all year long vs. flowers. Should be an epic event (at least for us) and a HUGE amount of work as it will certainly be the largest harvest we've >ever< pulled off in our 25+ years of growing this plant. Gotta love the OD!!

No worries about "rain" here. Our challenge here is frost and freeze. It's definitely time here to start thinking about some plastic to cover things up at night.... ah...what fun!

good luck on the finish!
Thank you for the explaination. It sounds like something we should consider. Glad your garden is doing well

M

MrsBudBogart

Nice pictures , looks like the front buds are already finishing . My strain I've been growing just happened to be a fast finisher flower wise - buds . If I put the plants out to early outdoors as clones they'll flower , where as other strains put out at the same time will veg . . I have to put the plants in the ground late for our growing period here . I would have liked to see the plants finish in Oct . for a larger yield , but would have had to take the chance of dealing with the rain and bud rot and would have taken a possible loss due to rot . By the time the rains came I was pretty much through trimming and was in the curing stage so all turned out great .
MrsBudBogart , scoops right , Bubble Bags is a brand name of hash making bags .
With the size of your grow you really need them so not to waste any of your great work in growing . The reason I use Bubble Bags is , I make alot of hash , in doing so I've tried many different brands . I didn't like the other brands , I either lost to much product due to screen size - mesh of the bags you process the hash through . Some of the other brands I used , the plastic inner lining started to come off in the hash and that's a bad thing . Cheap bags are not the way to go . The Bubble Bags I can use , by myself , working alone , which is hard to do , to make hash with and produce the a great product and not lose what I worked so hard to create .
They are a little costy but are of quality and have been around for a long time as a brand well respected for quality . I use a 4 bag kit . That's really all you need for what we're making . I get 5 gallon bucket bags . If you need it I can post the last time I did hash . I took pictures so I could show my friend how to make hash from his plants by himself if he has to do it alone , not fun to do it alone . It's nice to have help which you'll have and that's a good thing :) . I don't have help .
I don't live near my friend or I'd help him .
I took shots of the process with me doing it alone , so he could just look at the pictures and see what I did from start to finish so he doesn't throw away his trim or if he doesn't cure the buds right or the plants don't finish out in time for winter , he can still salvage his grow with some nice hash to smoke all winter .
Thank you!

M

MrsBudBogart

I'll post how I do it here . I don't see any where else on the website to post it , plus you can come to your own post to get the idea of what I do to make bulk hash , if 5 gallons bags is concidered bulk . It is for my grows :) .
The first pictures are what I use when I make the hash , I use 2 buckets as I'm doing this by myself . The white bucket has holes in it and is doubled up with another bucket underneath it . It's where I do the hash . The orange container I use first as it has no holes in it . When I put the water I will need to process the hash with , it won't all pour out as it would if I put the bags directly into the white container as the hole in the white container lets the water drain to well at first , so the orange conatiner with no holes in it . This way I don't have to hold the bags the full time the water drains from the bads . When you have 2 people , one can hold the bags as the water drains to speed up the process .
You'll see what I mean about water draining and why as we go through the pictures . I'm not sure what the limit of posting pictures here a day so I'll post what I can as I can .
This is the way I do water-ice processing . No one taught me to do this . I've just done it this way for years and it works great .
Looks like a lot of work but a great end product! Thank you for taking the time to post all this good stuff!

BudBogart

BudBogart

Than you for the great tutorial. We will use this for our step by step when the time comes. Lots of tips that I wouldn't know about!
I've seen a couple of your grow logs, etc on other forums. They are all top notch and i hope you decide to share your skills with the farmers here on THC.

scoop

scoop

Great write up. Pretty close to how I do it here.

One difference I see in our approaches is that I stopped mixing in my bags and do all my agitation in a separate bucket...then simply pour the mix into the bucket lined with the bags.

Something else that I do that I think is a good move is to go to Homo Depot and buy..in the paint section...paint strainer bags. These are close in mesh size to the 220 bag.... so I layer that bag right on top of all of the other bags and pour the trich-laden liquid mix from the work bucket right into it. These bags come in a 2 pack for about $5.....or you can order them in larger quantities online.

The BudBogarts are gonna love it. Nothing beats the bubble, IMO....

best of luck to all

Top Bottom