Now what? Flowering too early!

• Thread starter fawnridge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fawnridge

fawnridge

I guessing that starting the seeds on February 7th was way too early. These two 24k Gold plants are only 12" tall and they are flowering like crazy. They're supposed to go outdoors in three or four weeks. Will they actually get big enough to yield more than a couple of pre-rolleds? Thanks and a tip of the hat.

Now what flowering too early

Now what flowering too early 2
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I guessing that starting the seeds on February 7th was way too early. These two 24k Gold plants are only 12" tall and they are flowering like crazy. They're supposed to go outdoors in three or four weeks. Will they actually get big enough to yield more than a couple of pre-rolleds? Thanks and a tip of the hat.

View attachment 1348042
They won't be making to the outside, you've got some auto's there and they'll be done in about 7 - 8 more weeks...Time for bloom nutes

fawnridge

fawnridge

They won't be making to the outside, you've got some auto's there and they'll be done in about 7 - 8 more weeks...Time for bloom nutes
Well, they're going outside, one way or another. We never planned on growing anything in our guest bedroom and guests are on the way. We're heading to Jamaica next week and I'm going to gather seed while I'm there. None of the seeds we bought from Pacific Seed were supposed to be autos. Fortunately, we have two more seedlings that were started a few weeks ago of a different strain. Still have six plants to go outside.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Well, they're going outside, one way or another. We never planned on growing anything in our guest bedroom and guests are on the way. We're heading to Jamaica next week and I'm going to gather seed while I'm there. None of the seeds we bought from Pacific Seed were supposed to be autos. Fortunately, we have two more seedlings that were started a few weeks ago of a different strain. Still have six plants to go outside.
Yes, for me that why I'm not a real fan of auto's....just look at them....plants that flip at 30 days have just too small of a mass to make much from it.......I veg photo's for 2 plus months to get large plants indoors to make it worth my wile. Still you'll get something out of them if you look after them. I've had some real nice auto's.........AND......I've a revegged auto growing now.....I guess its not an auto any longer seeing as she's 4 months old..........I've pics from shit looking twig to this pic taken April 4

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If it's warm enough where you are, put them on out. PipeCarver lives in a world of two seasons: winter and August, so this is a bit early for his area.

fawnridge

fawnridge

If it's warm enough where you are, put them on out. PipeCarver lives in a world of two seasons: winter and August, so this is a bit early for his area.
I'm in Northern Virginia and according to the long-range weather forecast, it's still going to be too cold at night until May 1st.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
I mean honestly if they're that small and into flower they're not gonna really get past a medium sized plant. I'd just keep them indoors and let them do what they do best.

if you want real control of your plants always choose photos.

fawnridge

fawnridge

I mean honestly if they're that small and into flower they're not gonna really get past a medium sized plant. I'd just keep them indoors and let them do what they do best.

if you want real control of your plants always choose photos.
These were ordered from Pacific Seed as photos. They shipped autos. As much as I'd like to grow them indoors, we need the bedroom and there's no place in the house for eight cannabis plants. Live and learn.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

These were ordered from Pacific Seed as photos. They shipped autos. As much as I'd like to grow them indoors, we need the bedroom and there's no place in the house for eight cannabis plants. Live and learn.
I have not heard a lot of good about seed sellers like Pacific and Crop King. (And when I say, "a lot of good," I mean, "nothing good.")

In future seed-buying endeavors, I advise that people look into reputable breeders and see which ones are making interesting crosses and strains that might fit your tastes in weed. Then buy from seed sellers that are authorized to sell that breeder's work. You are unlikely to be sent mistakes.

fawnridge

fawnridge

I have not heard a lot of good about seed sellers like Pacific and Crop King. (And when I say, "a lot of good," I mean, "nothing good.")

In future seed-buying endeavors, I advise that people look into reputable breeders and see which ones are making interesting crosses and strains that might fit your tastes in weed. Then buy from seed sellers that are authorized to sell that breeder's work. You are unlikely to be sent mistakes.
We need as pure an indica strain as possible. Photo, no auto. High yield per plant. Highest possible THC component. Can you recommend a strain and / or seed seller?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

We need as pure an indica strain as possible. Photo, no auto. High yield per plant. Highest possible THC component. Can you recommend a strain and / or seed seller?
It happens that my tastes in weed are very different from yours, so I don't have a recommendation for a powerful indica. I prefer energizing, paranoia-inducing types.

There is a reputable breeder who is often on this site called @Dragonsflame. I have not yet tried any Dragon's Flame wares, but if he doesn't have anything that would be of interest to you, he'd likely be able to tell you about other breeders working on the sort of cannabis you're looking for.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
all that's fun an fancy but if you don't have the proper environment or area that's all gonna not matter in the long run.

i really think you're overlooking how important it is to have an actual plan. i don't grow outdoor because my grows are more important than this weather that shifts and isn't reliable. I am from the Midwest - this sun is weak sauce and I'd rather pound it with artificial light

isn't the old-school muddy area of broscience have the battle of indoor and outdoor as

outdoor - better yield
indoor - better thc averages

which is more important to you?

fawnridge

fawnridge

all that's fun an fancy but if you don't have the proper environment or area that's all gonna not matter in the long run.

i really think you're overlooking how important it is to have an actual plan. i don't grow outdoor because my grows are more important than this weather that shifts and isn't reliable. I am from the Midwest - this sun is weak sauce and I'd rather pound it with artificial light

isn't the old-school muddy area of broscience have the battle of indoor and outdoor as

outdoor - better yield
indoor - better thc averages

which is more important to you?
Yield. We're bakers and go through a pound a month.

E

Edinburg

Those are autoflowers not photoperiod strains, now that it's in flower you need to wait till the flower fills in then blow it up to get any real yield, this is a couple pics of an autoflower I'm running called cherry fog as you can see the flower is almost done on the main stem then I will blow what I have by feeding it Atami Bloombastic and putting it under a California light works cob bloom booster, let me guess you ran her under a full spec light, autoflowers do not like that bc it causes them to go into flower early and or dwarf out affecting the yield and the stretch, autoflowers love that blue ir light not full spec light! There a different animal than a photoperiod strain and are not run the same way.

IMG 20230405 150713
IMG 20230405 150655
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
If they are autos, you just have to roll with it. If they are photos, you probably weren’t giving them enough light. At least 14 hours a day. So they’re flowered. Then if you put them out when it gets warm, but still not enough hours of daylight, they will probably just sit there. Then around the end of May or early June they may start re-vegging and growing some more. It will get ugly for a while but you might still get a decent harvest Come September or August. Good luck.

fawnridge

fawnridge

If they are autos, you just have to roll with it. If they are photos, you probably weren’t giving them enough light. At least 14 hours a day. So they’re flowered. Then if you put them out when it gets warm, but still not enough hours of daylight, they will probably just sit there. Then around the end of May or early June they may start re-vegging and growing some more. It will get ugly for a while but you might still get a decent harvest Come September or August. Good luck.
Thanks. We have five more plants, different strains, that are now getting light 24 hours a day. All of the plants will go outside on May 1st. Whatever happens, happens.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
In my opinion, you are playing with fire, putting them out May 1. They they might flower also. Re-vegging cost you time and yield. You can’t underestimate the importance of the hours of daylight when growing outdoors. But go ahead and do what you will. Good luck to you and will be watching!

Latest posts

Top Bottom