Nutrient burn or something else?

• Thread starter Richard123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DR.PNW

DR.PNW

Bloody brilliant! Thsnk you so much, I'll try the pro-cal snd let you know how it goes
Despite the name; Procal does have Mg as well, like most other Ca supplements do, as both Ca and Mg are commonly lacking micro nutrients. With the requirements of cannabis it would be hard to overdo either of these, as long as you are following directed doses and getting a standard 20-30% run-off.

R

Richard123

Calcium deficiency is possible, but I don't see much indication of magnesium deficiency, if any. So, there's a possible problem of the plant getting too much magnesium from the calmag, causing yet another problem.

It doesn't quite look like a calcium deficiency to me, but I can't say that it isn't. How close is this plant to other plants? What's the soil like? Is the plant in a pot or in the ground? Where are the affected leaves on the plant (i.e., high, low or everywhere)? How moist or dry is the soil?
Wow! Lots of questions. I appreciate your time and effort! Lemme git back to ya, though.

R

Richard123

Despite the name; Procal does have Mg as well, like most other Ca supplements do, as both Ca and Mg are commonly lacking micro nutrients. With the requirements of cannabis it would be hard to overdo either of these, as long as you are following directed doses and getting a standard 20-30% run-off.
Fkn, awesome. As for run-off though, they're in the ground (in slightly raised beds) so may or may not, I guess, getting the level of run-off that may be ideal?
I'll start with a low dose and work my way up.
Are there indications I might look out for that I've over done it?

DR.PNW

DR.PNW

Fkn, awesome. As for run-off though, they're in the ground (in slightly raised beds) so may or may not, I guess, getting the level of run-off that may be ideal?
I'll start with a low dose and work my way up.
Are there indications I might look out for that I've over done it?
Unfortunately the best way to tell is by measuring your runoff for pH and ppm lol.
Otherwise watching your plant for signs of burn or excessive pigmentation is a good indication.
Beds with zero runoff require careful attention and understanding of plant language, even to the point of regular soil tests at a lab. "Hydroponic" soil mixtures should always have enough drainage to achieve 20-30% runoff.

R

Richard123

Hello again, folks.

I git this stuff and will see what comes of it and let youse know.

I feel like you are all much more interested in the nitty-gritty than i am. I just want healthy enough okants and a reasonable yeild and im happy

I was just gearing up to gather as much data as possible to convey but ONLY FOR YOUR SAKE (because i so much appreciate the time you've taken. Thank you). Yet also I've got a sick dog here im trying to take care of, other practical practical concerns and mental health issues mean im having a hard time just looking out for myself, properly.

So! I will put in the effor if you otherwise will feel unappreciated but, with your permission, i will leave it till maybe i feel I've more discretionary time and energy.

Would that be okay with you all?

20240127 160040
20240127 160028 1
20240127 160236
R

Richard123

Unfortunately the best way to tell is by measuring your runoff for pH and ppm lol.
Otherwise watching your plant for signs of burn or excessive pigmentation is a good indication.
Beds with zero runoff require careful attention and understanding of plant language, even to the point of regular soil tests at a lab. "Hydroponic" soil mixtures should always have enough drainage to achieve 20-30% runoff.
Thank you

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

I had the same appearance on a plant and it tuned out to be watering with a pH of 5.5... either end of the spectrum could give similar results

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I had the same appearance on a plant and it tuned out to be watering with a pH of 5.5... either end of the spectrum could give similar results
yep that could be it along with a few other reasons,. though the plant is in the ground outdoors,.
which i want to see,..

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Ps My feed has no calcium ir magnesium mentioned on the pack. I also add a lil' seaweed solution. I look fwd to try the Procal.
No fans, theyre outdoors, but thank you

Baaah, no can do cause i have them in amoungst passionfruit vines. But thank you.
I know the difference between the two homie!
I think I know what’s wrong here, it’s not cal. Trying to help.

R

Richard123

I know the difference between the two homie!
I think I know what’s wrong here, it’s not cal. Trying to help.
Oh, mate! I'm not sure about what happened with miscommunication but for sure I meant no offence, truly!
I fully appreciate you trying to help.

R

Richard123

can you take some pictures of the plant or a 1 min video moving slowly over around plant,.. and it’s outside in the ground?
I got some pics I'll post in a sec, thank you. I'll pop out and try the video, too, though the light maybe wrong and it's pretty windy so that may have to wait.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I got some pics I'll post in a sec, thank you. I'll pop out and try the video, too, though the light maybe wrong and it's pretty windy so that may have to wait.
Yeah, we would really appreciate the ability to put an eye on the overall plant and its health. Otherwise, just going off some sick leaves, it’s a shot in the dark. And no offense taken at all homie! 👊🏻🤡

Was just letting you know!

R

Richard123

Ok: piccys.
And heads up to all of you the thread format and stuff confuses me and messes with my head a bit PLEASE EXCUSE ANY CLUMSINESS in advance. I'm not intentionally rude or anything like that. Ta

You can see a lil' insect nibble but that's only on a half dozen leaves (from 5 plants)

Thats not a pot in the ground njust only the top of a pot i used to raise the bed and hopefully gelp with drainage

20240127 101244
20240127 101229
20240127 101029
20240127 101018
20240127 101012
20240127 100953
20240127 100947
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Ok, thanks, I’m just gonna toss out for starters, and forgive me if you went through the thought, but, you could very easily be robbing the cannabis of essential nutrients, IF that passion fruit has the same needs as your herb. They look green and lush, maybe some regular wear and tear and a bit high levels of nitrogen. A slight critter issue, but they look ok

Definitely not calmag hahahaa.

Edit, I see they aren’t in the same pots now, disregard what I was saying about nutrition and passion fruit.

Top Bottom