Nutrient suggestion for coco???

• Thread starter GanjaAL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GanjaAL

GanjaAL

DM one nutrient line
Drip clean I hear it keeps the coco from salt build up.
Orca liquid form of GW
House & Garden Van De Zwaan-Roots Excelurator

Trying to keep it in the KISS mode... I gave DWC a try but lost my mommas to it, was not using my chiller and trying to keep it clean with H2O2 29%... noob mistake. But I will be using my chiller now.

So I am Revamping my room and going with coco as I have heard that it is more forgiving than the DWC and a little less maintenance than the UC.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Also a big thanks and shout out to leadsled for his advice and insight!

Hoping to get this party started soon!

Also hopefully this will help other new growers who are making the jump to Coco. Hopefully this will turn into an New Grower eductional thread.

:party0023:

K

KILLADELPH

Hey ganja how's it goin brotha? I'm new to the farm and wouldn't call myself an expert by any means. We have something in common however in that I also made the switch from a RDWC system, to coco because I was having issues keeping my rez temps cool in the hot summers were I live. The coco is definately more forgiving and I've had great results. A few things that have helped me with the coco.
1. Choose a good coco that dosnt have to be rinsed. I go with the Roots Organic Coco. Plenty of perlite and no rinse required. But there are lots of good brands as well as a lot of schwag brands, just do your research

2. Get a good nute line up that does good in coco, again do your research. I use GH flora Nova with a few choice additives with great results (1 gram per watt with resevoirs's seeds chemdog IBL its all I run I eat breath and sleep chemdog lol)

3. Lots of cal/mg I will eat that shit like a mofo in coco

4. I use hygrozyme full strength every feed and never have salt build ups.

5. Feed every other water

6. Sure there's stuff Im forgetting, just have plenty of runoff each watering, and keep an eye out for any nute def.

Peace, killa

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I've been having great results with compost teas. Also with hammerhead and Moab. I also have better results with 50/50 perlite mix. I cut out the roots excel also.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
jr peters. save yourself a bunch of money and get better results.

hydro
cal nitrate
epsom salt.

get my root pack instead of great white and save even more money. 1/3 the price and 18000x concentrate.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Hey ganja how's it goin brotha? I'm new to the farm and wouldn't call myself an expert by any means. We have something in common however in that I also made the switch from a RDWC system, to coco because I was having issues keeping my rez temps cool in the hot summers were I live. The coco is definately more forgiving and I've had great results. A few things that have helped me with the coco.
1. Choose a good coco that dosnt have to be rinsed. I go with the Roots Organic Coco. Plenty of perlite and no rinse required. But there are lots of good brands as well as a lot of schwag brands, just do your research

2. Get a good nute line up that does good in coco, again do your research. I use GH flora Nova with a few choice additives with great results (1 gram per watt with resevoirs's seeds chemdog IBL its all I run I eat breath and sleep chemdog lol)

3. Lots of cal/mg I will eat that shit like a mofo in coco

4. I use hygrozyme full strength every feed and never have salt build ups.

5. Feed every other water

6. Sure there's stuff Im forgetting, just have plenty of runoff each watering, and keep an eye out for any nute def.

Peace, killa

Thank you brother... I will be using 27 gal totes for this run as I was going to use them for my UC... what is decent out there in bulk that won't break the bank? Thanks again for the input!

I've been having great results with compost teas. Also with hammerhead and Moab. I also have better results with 50/50 perlite mix. I cut out the roots excel also.

Thanks brother... your grow rocks... it has inspired me bigtime. I will give perlite a go. Does it drain to much of the water or is there a give and take with airation?

jr peters. save yourself a bunch of money and get better results.

hydro
cal nitrate
epsom salt.

get my root pack instead of great white and save even more money. 1/3 the price and 18000x concentrate.

I will look into it. Since I am new to the medium stuff can you give me some pointers on how to use with nutrients? Thanks again for your help.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
absolutely. PM me and I can show you the way of the light.

Check out these two threads:

Cheap alternatives to overpriced nutrients and
real spores without the fluff.

they are both in the nutrient section. there is good reading in there.

D

dan.23

Hello fellow farmers, I am new to this forum but I gotta tll ya I love coco! I use cyco nutrients full line minus their "uptake". I have had great results w/ it and its not super expensive like AN or something. I do use a couple of other things too like MagiCal, bloombastic or gravity, and superthrive from time to time. I run drain to waste in a top feed dip system. Not sure why but if I run the "uptake" I get this weird gel like substance that covers and plugs up my airstones so I just cut it out of my nuts lineup. Not a big deal but I thought I would throw that out there. But yeah over all I'm loving coco and the cyco lineup

T

themeangreen23

Lucas formula revised to 6/9 that's 6ML GH MICRO 9ML GH BLOOM that's your base from veg till harvest unless you cut off the micro as I do I'd say to cut it on an 8 week strain at week 5. Always flush your coco with water and cal-mag as cal-mag binds to coco helping remove excess potassium 25 ml cal-mag every watering until you p/k in bloom then cut off cal-mag it's very tough to flush cal-mag out of your medium when it's time to harvest so cut it early I use roots excel in veg untill week 2 or end of stretch in flower and in flower you can just add your own bloom boosters whatever you like bro stay away from anything with large amounts of potassium as coco is a potassium based medium and you will lock your girls out if there is to much! Happy growing TMG23

S

SofaKingHigh

Dutch Master Gold A&B with Zone. Fucking killing it on Canna coco, fed automatically with Blumat stakes.

They're all lies if they're claiming better performance done easier.

http://i.invalid.com/QtgG8.jpg

T

themeangreen23

Dutch master is a great line ran it in my UC many times, but in my honest opinion nothing beats roots excel for a rootzone applicator it will increase growth by drastic measures and keep your rootzone thick and sturdy. Zone by DM kills all enzymes and beneficial bacteria which is what roots excel is all about so just make sure you don't run both... IF I HAD ANY NUTRIENT PRODUCT TO CHOOSE IN A STORE FOR FREE IT WOULD BE ROOTS EXCEL!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

If u want masive roots fuck the expensive Roots XL get A1 nutes Fast N Furious Roots by GoD it's only around $30 a gallon & u get better results 4 way cheaper..

S

SofaKingHigh

Dutch master is a great line ran it in my UC many times, but in my honest opinion nothing beats roots excel for a rootzone applicator it will increase growth by drastic measures and keep your rootzone thick and sturdy. Zone by DM kills all enzymes and beneficial bacteria which is what roots excel is all about so just make sure you don't run both... IF I HAD ANY NUTRIENT PRODUCT TO CHOOSE IN A STORE FOR FREE IT WOULD BE ROOTS EXCEL!

Enzymes are proteins for speeding up the rate of chemical reactions. Zone doesn't effect them.

Roots Excel is a hormone product and doesn't contain bacteria cultures. Can be used with Zone.

T

themeangreen23

Zone kills Enzymes I promise read about the product no disrespect but it says on the website " FORGET ENZYMES AND BENIFICIAL BACTERIAS" never heard of A1 tell me more!!

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Now this is turning interesting... Lets keep this going. I know alot of noobs out their that would love to do hydro... but like me they get turned off by not knowing how to run them. Coco... from what I have been reading seems a little more forgiving. Remember... this is not a UC or hydro bashing thread. This is to get noobs growing for the themselves and to help others. Thanks again everyone for their contributions and keep them coming. Feel free to add pics and articles as well.

T

themeangreen23

Listen I used to run a under current hydro is def a great way of growing, but it had many flaws. Top feeding nutes to me you can't compare because leeching unused nutes out of the medium is priceless. Recirculating you have no idea what they are eating because say you put 100 ppm of N 100 ppm of P and 200 ppm of K how I'd a DWC system do you know what they are eating. They could eat 100 ppm of N 33% of P and zero K.. So now u have no N some P and an excess of K in your medium ( water) with no way to change it except flushing your whole Rez plus system!! Top feeding and leeching you control your nutes every day every watering so it's completely different growing mediums you can't compare

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Thanks brother. I faild my dwc for my mommas... That is why I am starting fresh with coco. Alot of people have told me it is a little more forgiving and really gets the ball rolling for noobs. Now this explains alot. Thank you so much for you input as it puts it all in perspective.

Top Bottom