Nutrients

• Thread starter Smerb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smerb

Smerb

A partner of mine had been given this bottle he says to come check it out, I see a piece of tape with brix written on it attached to jug of nutes(florabloom) it smells like wine, maybe it fermented..... Seamaiden, why is right but its already in it and I need to know if its OK, if someone has done this before. Midwestjay if you look at a bottle of brix or hi-brix it states it can be added to a nutrient, it seems as if its OK to do this, hmmmmmmm?

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Yea like milk. I think it was cal mag and something can't remember what but it reacted like baileys cream and lemon juice. Look that up lol fun trick at the bar.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
A partner of mine had been given this bottle he says to come check it out, I see a piece of tape with brix written on it attached to jug of nutes(florabloom) it smells like wine, maybe it fermented..... Seamaiden, why is right but its already in it and I need to know if its OK, if someone has done this before. Midwestjay if you look at a bottle of brix or hi-brix it states it can be added to a nutrient, it seems as if its OK to do this, hmmmmmmm?
If it smells like wine, then I think you're right, it's already fermented. And if it's already fermented then it may need much more dilution than it would otherwise. That's how I would handle it, like a fermented plant juice. Those are typically diluted at something like 500:1, IIRC.

Smerb

Smerb

If it smells like wine, then I think you're right, it's already fermented. And if it's already fermented then it may need much more dilution than it would otherwise. That's how I would handle it, like a fermented plant juice. Those are typically diluted at something like 500:1, IIRC.
I want to use it on one plant, well I already have with no ill effects. I'll keep using it on the one, this plant was the only one to stretch so it'll be the guinea pot.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

When I mix nutes I have a water pump in my bucket, stirring the nutes for me. Cleanliness is next to weedliness.
I like to dilute a lil before I put in res. Still in the habit from when I was using floranova.

MrRojos

MrRojos

That's cool it didn't have "ill effects" man but why have even risked it.Next time u get some random unknown Frankenstein nutes u should toss them in the trash and get some new ones.and hell if $$ is a issue pm me and I'll send ya some $$ or a bottle of nutes myself brother.

Smerb

Smerb

That's cool it didn't have "ill effects" man but why have even risked it.Next time u get some random unknown Frankenstein nutes u should toss them in the trash and get some new ones.and hell if $$ is a issue pm me and I'll send ya some $$ or a bottle of nutes myself brother.
Botany. Plants can take alot, so I try anything on a plant or 2. I have never needed for someone to give me dough to grow,thanks. The mix is florabloom with Hi-Brix added. Not to old at all, I'll toke it like fine wine.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

By chance have you tried using a second bucket attached via pipe at bottom, second bucket is for safe water filling and nutes. This way you never have to touch the plants underside, Up her skirt haha
Yea brother I love to have a res connected. With a pump and sprayer. The sprayer keeps the rocks wet till the roots drop. Then as you let the water drops it works like aeroponics/rdwc. I need to add a res, not running one now. Both my buckets are being used, but plan on going to brute 10gal buckets with probably 5gal res per bucket. My plants are all at a dif stages and diff strains.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Agreed, or more if used as a drench conversely with FPJ :-) 1:1000 is typical here, even with OHN.
I use fermented sea water which is OK at 1:15 but I prefer 1:30 in case I need to give myself a drip and dont have time to mix it up :-) same with Bacterial mineral water, but they dont have sugar :-) Perhaps very wine smelling would indicate higher levels of yeast fungus. Depending on the spp. if any include the duplicate ADH2 gene, this might hinder ripening or worse, encourage higher levels of E-Coli, imo, Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Bacillus Subtilus will help inhibit the ADH2 gene injection

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Agreed, or more if used as a drench conversely with FPJ :) 1:1000 is typical here, even with OHN.
I use fermented sea water which is OK at 1:15 but I prefer 1:30 in case I need to give myself a drip and dont have time to mix it up :) same with Bacterial mineral water, but they dont have sugar :) Perhaps very wine smelling would indicate higher levels of yeast fungus. Depending on the spp. if any include the duplicate ADH2 gene, this might hinder ripening or worse, encourage higher levels of E-Coli, imo, Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Bacillus Subtilus will help inhibit the ADH2 gene injection
Y'all are over my head with this fermented Nutes stuff... I guess its a soil thing?

Top Bottom