Nutrients

• Thread starter Smerb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ecompost

Ecompost

Was a true story bro.He sized up and fell into a big 50 gallon tote.I understand being on guard about your disability but grow rooms can be dangerous if not careful.I've heard of epaleptics seizing up when the grow lights fire up and flicker it's really sad man!Bravo to you sir no disrespect intended! Hell i have terrets syndrome an some times randomly yell out "cut the nanners" in public places bro it's so embarrassing! !:)
Best of luck and I'm sure the nutes will work out great your awesome!!:)
and you sir a diplomat of some standing. We all grow, we are all different, but we can share a connection through a plant type. if we can all express what we do without being jumped on, then we can have proper discussions. Fermentation is a wonder of life, just ask any pub owner

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Agreed, or more if used as a drench conversely with FPJ :) 1:1000 is typical here, even with OHN.
I use fermented sea water which is OK at 1:15 but I prefer 1:30 in case I need to give myself a drip and dont have time to mix it up :) same with Bacterial mineral water, but they dont have sugar :) Perhaps very wine smelling would indicate higher levels of yeast fungus. Depending on the spp. if any include the duplicate ADH2 gene, this might hinder ripening or worse, encourage higher levels of E-Coli, imo, Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Bacillus Subtilus will help inhibit the ADH2 gene injection
How are you fermenting sea water? You've got to dilute the specific gravity, yes?

And I would say absolutely that the odor indicates a particular specie or at least genus of yeast. For example, when I make an FPJ here at home, it will start smelling like beer. Why? We used to home brew here at home so we've likely got lots and lots of whatever species hubby used to pitch still living strong, especially in the basement.

Now I've been doing wild levain breads here at home, so I expect the next FPJ I make may end up smelling a lot like my sourdough starter.

If we're gonna start talking fermentation, I'm gonna be all over it like a kahm yeast on a scoby! (Wait a minute, that's so not right it's wrong.)

Ecompost

Ecompost

Standard at 20C 1atmosphere, dont know if this is best, my pal who brews suggested the rate based on the fermentation temp he said.

(1) Seawater
Diluted with fresh water in the ratio of 1/30.
(2) Fermented seawater
Mix seawater (x1/30), rice-washed water (x1/200),
FPJ (mugwort + dropwort, x1/500) together and keep
the mixture for a half day in the summer
(for 2~3 days if cloudy).
I am a bit worried about some yeasts, esp those carrying the ADH2 gene. I think this might delay ripening, or cause some other event relating to ETR1. I dont know enough about yeast and the spp is absolutely massive.
I do use yeasts, but only to initatie blooming. I try to avoid them in the early stages so I get better Myco uptake. I figure yeast will out eat Mycos, so delay or write off the signal for myco root symbiosis

sorry forgot to add this is why I use yeast http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v132/n3332/abs/132408b0.html

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'd have to use a refractometer or hydrometer to figure out the specific gravity of that mix, but I'm going to guess that using that ratiio of seawater is giving you approximately a 2% brine solution, which I've found is PERFECT for all forms of fermentation I'm currently practicing--sourdough, veggies and krauts.

I hate hearing yeasts being made out to be the bad guys, they make my bread rise and my beer boozy. :p

Whenever I have some sourdough discard, which is almost not at all lately, I will mix it with water and either toss it into my soil or into my aquaponic system.

Ecompost

Ecompost

I'd have to use a refractometer or hydrometer to figure out the specific gravity of that mix, but I'm going to guess that using that ratiio of seawater is giving you approximately a 2% brine solution, which I've found is PERFECT for all forms of fermentation I'm currently practicing--sourdough, veggies and krauts.

I hate hearing yeasts being made out to be the bad guys, they make my bread rise and my beer boozy. :p

Whenever I have some sourdough discard, which is almost not at all lately, I will mix it with water and either toss it into my soil or into my aquaponic system.
interesting, yes, the dough being functionalised with microbes. I dont want you to think i dont like yeasts. I adore them too.
We make bread, and booze so....I do know that some brewers yeasts act in a similar way to ecoli releasing this adh2 gene as a way to out compete other microbes, I predict this might delay any ripening since the ADH2 seems to work both in abundance of sugar, not just in low sugar conditions. It seems to reverse the process of ethylene production using its own alcohol to destroy other biology reliant on this aging, once they and the sugars have been depleted, it reverts back to the ADH1 gene and normal process would therefore resume, albeit with a more limited biological appearance and perhaps a lower alcohol content for brewers, for growers, i am not sure yet, to early to say

Smerb

Smerb

interesting, yes, the dough being functionalised with microbes. I dont want you to think i dont like yeasts. I adore them too.
We make bread, and booze so....I do know that some brewers yeasts act in a similar way to ecoli releasing this adh2 gene as a way to out compete other microbes, I predict this might delay any ripening since the ADH2 seems to work both in abundance of sugar, not just in low sugar conditions. It seems to reverse the process of ethylene production using its own alcohol to destroy other biology reliant on this aging, once they and the sugars have been depleted, it reverts back to the ADH1 gene and normal process would therefore resume, albeit with a more limited biological appearance and perhaps a lower alcohol content for brewers, for growers, i am not sure yet, to early to say
All the info, but it seems to me as if none relates to cannabis,at thee moment. Let me know....

Ecompost

Ecompost

All the info, but it seems to me as if none relates to cannabis,at thee moment. Let me know....
I am looking at how certain biological modulation impacts certain growth markers in our plants. If we know we have lots of ACC1 gene synthesizing microbes, we might predict a delay in ripening of cannabis, just as it has been acknowledged among tomato growers and the ETR1, or perhaps an over expression of ADH2 might again hinder the timings of harvest, or go on to limit the value in some other way such as taste, resin profile or worse, we might add a biological mix that causes a revert to growing in mid bloom.
All of it is relevant or not (in salt baths) depending on how you grow. Knowing we can inhibit ADH2 with an alternate pro biotic yeast like a saccharomyces cerevisiae would then become important when studying any labels for inputs right? So why is it important to me, In yeast, plants, and many bacteria, some alcohol dehydrogenases catalyze the opposite reaction as part of fermentation to ensure a constant supply of NAD+. I would want to know if something was preventing this.
Equally with regards pseudomonas bacteria and others, some well know soil examples can restrict the spoiling of fruit, again this seems to work by insertion, eg the microbes insert a new string of code in to a plants growth cycle, making it do something else, like not produce ethylene, not flower, flower early, sprout from seed etc etc, what we know is minute today, if we dont ask questions, we may well be putting all sorts of mayhem in to our plants, and those of us on time limits, would have a problem quickly.

Smerb

Smerb

I am looking at how certain biological modulation impacts certain growth markers in our plants. If we know we have lots of ACC1 gene synthesizing microbes, we might predict a delay in ripening of cannabis, just as it has been acknowledged among tomato growers and the ETR1, or perhaps an over expression of ADH2 might again hinder the timings of harvest, or go on to limit the value in some other way such as taste, resin profile or worse, we might add a biological mix that causes a revert to growing in mid bloom.
All of it is relevant or not (in salt baths) depending on how you grow. Knowing we can inhibit ADH2 with an alternate pro biotic yeast like a saccharomyces cerevisiae would then become important when studying any labels for inputs right? So why is it important to me, In yeast, plants, and many bacteria, some alcohol dehydrogenases catalyze the opposite reaction as part of fermentation to ensure a constant supply of NAD+. I would want to know if something was preventing this.
Equally with regards pseudomonas bacteria and others, some well know soil examples can restrict the spoiling of fruit, again this seems to work by insertion, eg the microbes insert a new string of code in to a plants growth cycle, making it do something else, like not produce ethylene, not flower, flower early, sprout from seed etc etc, what we know is minute today, if we dont ask questions, we may well be putting all sorts of mayhem in to our plants, and those of us on time limits, would have a problem quickly.
Your definitely not keeping it simple stoner(kiss). A lot of what you are doing might be done by another person. Cannabis is one of the simplest plants to grow.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Your definitely not keeping it simple stoner(kiss). A lot of what you are doing might be done by another person. Cannabis is one of the simplest plants to grow.
all plants are simple to grow, but this masks the complex nature of life itself and yes there may be others, but why would this stop me? It dont matter what I do does it? Yes its simple, but what if we could manipulate plants to produce additional isomers that are medically beneficial, merely by playing with biology, wouldnt this then be useful to all?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What if we could just optimize and see what happens? You can see it however you like, as basic or complicated as it really is. Your perception *is* the (read: your) reality.

I'm optimizing my health by eating foods that are alive, and whose constituent components are made *better* by being fermented. It all translates, all you have to do is extrapolate. :D

Ecompost

Ecompost

What if we could just optimize and see what happens? You can see it however you like, as basic or complicated as it really is. Your perception *is* the (read: your) reality.

I'm optimizing my health by eating foods that are alive, and whose constituent components are made *better* by being fermented. It all translates, all you have to do is extrapolate. :D
as a life long fan that has grown to love the what was rancid natto to begin with (lovingly called snotty beans in this house), I now ferment lots of food stuffs. one thing that struck me about the places on earth where people life longest, they are connected by the consumption of fermented foods

Smerb

Smerb

all plants are simple to grow, but this masks the complex nature of life itself and yes there may be others, but why would this stop me? It dont matter what I do does it? Yes its simple, but what if we could manipulate plants to produce additional isomers that are medically beneficial, merely by playing with biology, wouldnt this then be useful to all?
Yeah keep growing. I'm sure it will get different as in new medicinal effects. I can't wait, I'd rather smoke than use pills. I have epilepsy so I toke alot to eat, maybe 1 full meal a day. Fuct.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Yeah keep growing. I'm sure it will get different as in new medicinal effects. I can't wait, I'd rather smoke than use pills. I have epilepsy so I toke alot to eat, maybe 1 full meal a day. Fuct.
ah bless you mate, I know my friend has a little girl with non treatable seizures from a birth brain scar defect. She is a beautiful creature mate, so tiny and she smiles so hard, but its heartbreaking to watch her as she zones out. The meds they have her on are severe on her character. They live somewhere its not legal for MJ, no one should deny her. It sickens me and i am prepared to fight for that.
I wish you the best health mate

Smerb

Smerb

ah bless you mate, I know my friend has a little girl with non treatable seizures from a birth brain scar defect. She is a beautiful creature mate, so tiny and she smiles so hard, but its heartbreaking to watch her as she zones out. The meds they have her on are severe on her character. They live somewhere its not legal for MJ, no one should deny her. It sickens me and i am prepared to fight for that.
I wish you the best health mate
That child would benefit from a CBC/CBD capsule. somehow that should be available. Much respect to the family man!

Ecompost

Ecompost

That child would benefit from a CBC/CBD capsule. somehow that should be available. Much respect to the family man!
yes we had to get on ourselves mate, but now we found a source in Holland we can relax

Top Bottom