Oakland ready to approve four marijuana factories

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Grass Roots

yep...doesn't matter if there are 15 people in one house...there can only be one grow of 5x5 in that said house...

S

starzandskarz

ugghh ok that pretty much makes my mind up for voting no on prop 19, thanks

G

Grass Roots

this is why a lot of folks are upset, it will not be a fair market...one of the arguments that cannabis needs to be regulated is because it is smoked...well what about all those folks that use it for edibles or lotions...I see it as just another herb that I should be able to sell just like any other herb...I see folks all the time selling herbs and product such as corn, tomatoes, and other various veggies and fruits on roadside stands with no regulation by the gov or arrest being made by the law...folks have no idea what these folks put on their crops but they stop and buy them anyways...

I would happily vote yes...if they would allow all to prosper, but with the greed that is already under way this will be a long hard battle we will have to fight if prop19 passes...

Peace
GR

K

kushpheen

you can watch the corrupt oakland city council at work tonight live here

They don't appear to be broadcasting this meeting, yet..

j wizzle

j wizzle

I think San Fran picks and chooses....they have Costco...hahahah

And I will celebrate when and if this prop 19 fails

COSTCO is the SHIT!!! lol doesnt compare to walmart

yep...doesn't matter if there are 15 people in one house...there can only be one grow of 5x5 in that said house...

only for NON med people, and im a med patient so i dont really care if this passes or not.

im voting no on this, ive spread the word to all my non smoking friends too.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Well in case you have not heard... Mrs. Feinstein is trying to get a new upgrade in the law where it will double the sentencing for edibles...LOL.

And these are the people that you want taxing and regulating your marijuana??? Not to mention that prop19 gives them all the power to do this without the approval of the people.

Be carefull what you ask for people.

Also on a side not... the problems we are having now are because of the laws not being clear... and guess again... prop 19 is packed full of grey area for them to harass and the power to further prohibition by outlawing marijuana in city or county near you.

Vote NO on the slave tax and prohibition tax that is prop19!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well in case you have not heard... Mrs. Feinstein is trying to get a new upgrade in the law where it will double the sentencing for edibles...LOL.

And these are the people that you want taxing and regulating your marijuana??? Not to mention that prop19 gives them all the power to do this without the approval of the people.

Be carefull what you ask for people.

Also on a side not... the problems we are having now are because of the laws not being clear... and guess again... prop 19 is packed full of grey area for them to harass and the power to further prohibition by outlawing marijuana in city or county near you.

Vote NO on the slave tax and prohibition tax that is prop19!
How about while we're at it just getting RID of Feinstein and Boxer, eh? And Jerry "The Monger" Brown, too!

B

bdakind

Vote no and call the dea to close down the Oakland's huge grows. The only reason we have been able to get to this point was through the sweat and risk of life taken by the few who are about to be trampled on. The status quo works in Cali as is. Its decriminalized, and considered medicine. Keep the federal laws the same and anyone who goes over the plant counts or pound limits face the feds. No one group can monopolize within the federal guidelines, but this oakland crap and prop 19 bs will take us backwards and we will watch a few connected and wealthy people take everything that so many have worked so hard for.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

What gets me is alll the preaching on how it will keep people out of jail. Prop19 does nothing to curb that. Fact: people are being aressted for carrying more than an oz on their person... not for an oz or less. Sorry but prop19 does nothing to stop this.

K

kushpheen

What gets me is alll the preaching on how it will keep people out of jail. Prop19 does nothing to curb that. Fact: people are being aressted for carrying more than an oz on their person... not for an oz or less. Sorry but prop19 does nothing to stop this.

Since prop 19 doesn't give fines or sentences for possessing more than an ounce or growing more than a 5x5 garden, will these fines be different for every city or county? In oakland possessing more than an ounce might be a 100 fine in walnut creek it might be a 1000... who knows, because this bill was crafted by idiots for idiots.

L

lilredwagon

Being Colorado Grown and residing, I have to admit ignorance to the workings of this "legalization" bill that is coming up. Having followed the links posted here and hearing some very well organized points as to why prop 19 is NOT the bill that we are looking for, I can see that like the last "legalization" ballot proposed here- it is an effin joke.
I am all about small, local business- and the thought of Wall-Mart cannabis makes me sick... From a distance, I will be sure to inform peeps what is up with this corporate leveraging and "legal" racketeering-
Colorado's sb-1285 is very much along the lines of killing the small "craft growers" in the MMJ industry. No longer is a legal dispensary a legal outlet for a patient, or caregiver to wholesale off excess medication. All medication grown must be used by the patient- or go to waste.... The bill has the potential to push otherwise compliant operations back into the black market to sell off excess medication, amongst a whole host of other issues...
Keep fighting the good fight- stay involved locally, push for a national difference...

peace bruthas 'n sistas

K

kushpheen

FYI the DEA requested a list of all the people applying for cultivation licenses in Oakland and will likely do the same for other cities. There are over 200 people (and growing) in Oakland who are trying to get a licensed for smaller to medium sized cultivation operations. I'm sure the DEA just wants to ask you a few nice questions about your recent activities and future plans.

http://stop19.com/

S

surfguy1936

fuckin bullshit if they actually think this is gunna all b consumed by clubs, its gunna hit the streets.....this is wack

C

cali2

There already are way more than four big ops in Oakland. This might actually, slow down overall production from Oakland. Oakland is so lax on weed that everyone and their asshole is blowin shit up big. This will put most of the other of many wharehouse grows out on their ass leaving a lot of holes to fill by small growers. Just a thought.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Richard Lee will be trying to sell pork Ka-bobs in Mecca next if he can get away with it!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oooohhh.. that's terrible! (If I knew the smilies here you'd get a guffaw smilie.)
Since prop 19 doesn't give fines or sentences for possessing more than an ounce or growing more than a 5x5 garden, will these fines be different for every city or county? In oakland possessing more than an ounce might be a 100 fine in walnut creek it might be a 1000... who knows, because this bill was crafted by idiots for idiots.
State law already dictates a basic fining structure. What's interesting is that specifically the city of Oakland ignores that structure (CEDA again here, CEDA = Community & Economic Development Agency, btw) when fining property owners. Often incredibly egregiously so. That said, anyone who's drafting up a statewide proposition should already be hip to applicable laws. Of course, what should be and what is are two different things, and that's dah truf.

Illmind

Illmind

Can't believe it took them this long to figure it out. Ya good luck competeing with infinte resources and botanists with phds. On the up side at least we can expect better genetics. And ya I know everybody has a picture of a bigass empty warehouse with plants sitting in the middle of nowhere, but it will actually be run like any other factory with workers there 24/7 monitoring and controlling everything. Yeah quality goes down when 1 man is growing 200 plants but when you got 100 people growing 200 and they've all got a phd in botany I think it's time to start shitting pants'.

M

MyRelief

other side of the coin

The last time I was in a McDonalds which has been a few years I noticed quite an extensive "Quality" Control team...there had to have been 6 or 7 human heads and minds back there...everything was monitored and controlled down to the number of seconds the fries go down into the oil for and the apple pies get rotated at set intervals for burger heating..I mean quite the operation for the end product to be questionable at best. We all know mcdonalds isnt mcdonalds to have the best burgers.They dont claim to...they have a business profit model and thats what its all about...or Starbucks..does starbucks produce the best coffee? Actually, some light traveling I was doing in remote village mountains of Albania I discovered still to this day the most incredible coffee ever to hit my lips...a dirt poor peasant's hands made that and some serious Love went into making it and passion. I dont think I need argue much I'd much rather eat a burger that's been home cooked or neighbor grilled with some good old fashion TLC....So yes they will have their labbies with their white suits but the paradigm is no different than mcdonalds or starbucks...at the end of the day they care about PROFIT MAXIMIZATION...not if they have the best genetics or flowers....and speaking of Genetics??? what makes you think they are going to release to the outside even if they do discover something 'NEW'. I mean doesnt Holland have some labs right now and places in CAli and Canada and spain already have serious breeders with extensive history in working with the plant and sorting genetics. Just my .001 cents.

MeJuana

MeJuana

Wow man just unbelievable, count me in to read I have no idea what I would possibly say except unbelievable.

Top Bottom