Obama care for MMJ and DEA & Government Shut Down

• Thread starter lino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lino

lino

1st off, Question , Does anyone know if the DEA is shut down and do agents get paid. I doubt it, soldiers on the War on Drugs, huh.

I've been thumbing thru this health care thing and a marijuana smoker will not get coverage, I could be wrong,,, (but it "appears to me" ) as of 2015 Gov heath care will/could have tobacco and drug screens in place for Gov insurance. I cant tell what purpose this serves. Wait I thought everyone is covered (weather you pay for HC or not). This very complex verb-age and appears to cover people with per-existing conditions. But with verb-age of exempting US citizens who damage health to themselves or other with intention to hurt the Gov by induce sickness on themselves or others will not qualify for Gov HC. on the same pages and the following pages. And it talks of terrorist and drug Usage on the same page.

Thru out this document the most powerful police in the USA will get more unconstitutional rights in the investigations and prosecution of you and this policing agency of the HC system appear to have more access to your home than a US Forest Ranger during this process. And a fact, The US Gov just hired a bunch of IRS agents. Fact these IRS agents are attacking political parties. READ YOUR HISTORY, this is the First step in the process of a Gov take over.

The scariest thing about this document is the fact that it leaves these dictators with the authority to make changes to the HC system as they want with the most powerful police force in the world to enforce their will on you.

Hey Marijuana smokers who currently argent insured, lets look at the bright side we're going to start out by paying only $95 a year to pay for this invasion. After you beat a drug test at Denver General and other HC facilities they'll give free treatment, But my main question here is do I get free ambulance rides to a hospital, I stubbed my pinky toe and need heavy does of some morphine so I can trip out Hard bro.

K

kolah

Gov shutdown? people buy this bullshit? C,mon, man.

and to address your concerns: maybe this "legal MMJ" has a purpose, ya know? think about it.

fed laws trump state laws....and on and on we go. Gov takeover? it;s been going on for quite some time..but really has been ramping up since the 911 fiasco.

lino

lino

ya , i here ya Kolah, the Patriot Act was the first step. but I have not seen anything close to this type of Gov in the US in all my life. The sky not fall on tomorrow but I agree this is bad but dont shoot at me when the next civil war brakes out, lets go up on a mtn smoke a bowl and watch these guys fight each other.

lino

lino

Kolah, who do you think is going to win the HC and budget control fight, Dem or Rebulics ? I dont like Republicans and its scares the shit out of me if Dems win this one, catch 22...

cannabeans

cannabeans

Cui bono

It is a Latin adage that is used either to suggest a hidden motive or to indicate that the party responsible for something may not be who it appears at first to be.[2]
Commonly the phrase is used to suggest that the person or people guilty of committing a crime may be found among those who have something to gain, chiefly with an eye toward financial gain. The party that benefits may not always be obvious or may have successfully diverted attention to a scapegoat, for example.

lino

lino

I agree the parading and theatrics are very stressing if you got stock or play currency rates. Baba G, Your imaging seems correct to me, the votes seem to lean to Obama on the health care battle but that leads to complete disaster on budget issues. If the leadership is not handled correctly in the second battle we will see an instant effect. This in turn will instantly effect currency and interest rates. If bitcoins are currency:

I could be wrong but I think Bitcoins are recognized as currency on the currency market. This websites currency could take a huge financial hit or maybe bitcoin will go thru the roof, not sure but we're not trading gold on this site so who knows, but the dollar will take a serious hit and interest and our credit will all be in the toilet in 3 week if the President wont negotiate. Loaf of bread could be $8 in 3 weeks and But here the nice thing about OUR currency an Oz could go back up to $500 - 1000 w/o bug spray.

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

Kolah, who do you think is going to win the HC and budget control fight, Dem or Rebulics ? I dont like Republicans and its scares the shit out of me if Dems win this one, catch 22...

who cares about who wins.................those fuckers there care.

i care who looses by their political posturing.

regardless of view on ACHA the cost of the un-insured is absorbed by those who have coverage.......why does the cost of asprine/rubber gloves/klenex cost the insured 500% more than over the counter retail price.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

It's administrative costs, that's why the aspirin I was given is being charged at a rate of $25/dose.
Actually admin costs have fallen with obamacare. Google 'medical loss ratio' and you'll get it. This is a common misperception with health insurance. The biggest reason for your overpriced meds is partially a result of the hospital re-couping costs from the millions of 'mericans who use the ER as their primary care docs or never pay the bill.

Does your car insurance pay for oil changes and tires?

It's going to be nearly impossible to reform Healthcare when it consists of 1/5th of our economy.

There are more MRI machines in the city of Philadelphia than all of Canada. Few million dollars to operate and run per year, that's a lot of money for nuclear medicine. Also, our lazy nation would rather take pills to control health conditions rather than make changes to their lifestyles.

The rising cost of health care is the primary driver of the rise in premiums. The (un)Affordable Care Act is going to do more harm than good for most folks. Younger folks will pay more with a 3:1 compression ratio where now it's 7:1. Older folks will likely see a decline, and low income folks are eligible for up to a 96% subsidy on your plan moving forward. You can go to the site and browse rates, but you have to submit personal and tax info in order to see the rates along with your subsidy. Looking at the rates alone is silly until you know more about your personal subsidy.

It's the first day of obamacare and several states, including Colorado, have already had their websites overrun and shut down. As long as you apply by December 15th you're fine. You also have to pay January's premium now or whenever you get enrolled. This will probably change.

Large employers caught a break when obama extended the deadline for the 'pay or play' for another year, Congress caught a break and are ignoring the part of the legislation that says Congress must also have the same insurance as everyone else. I believe last week they voted to increase pay/reimbursement and remove the requirement for them to purchase a plan with obamacare.

Also, here's a pretty awesome explanation of how our politicians are purposefully screwing us during these economic shutdowns. RMNP is closed for instance. How much can it possibly cost to run that place? Not nearly enough to shut down, but the shutdown is going to affect the things that affect Americans the most.

Politics Dogs:

http://files.redux.com/images/844d355ac34322318954d2a7b0790f31/raw

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

It's administrative costs, that's why the aspirin I was given is being charged at a rate of $25/dose.

still difficult to justify the across-the-board price increase for common to purchase items. what ever happened to lower cost due large purchasing power? they buy low / sell high...........i guess price gouging is legal.

peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IMO, there is nothing right with Obamacare. If we were going to go any kind of route, it should have been to take all profit margins out of the equation. It should have just been made a tax and that tax should have gone toward providing full health, dental and vision care to ALL Americans. Period.

Instead, the president has guaranteed for-profit insurers a customer base. WTF-age abounds.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

IMO, there is nothing right with Obamacare. If we were going to go any kind of route, it should have been to take all profit margins out of the equation. It should have just been made a tax and that tax should have gone toward providing full health, dental and vision care to ALL Americans. Period.

Instead, the president has guaranteed for-profit insurers a customer base. WTF-age abounds.
I think it's obvious that you and I come from different points of view. I don't know you so please don't take offense, but you are mistaken on a number of points.

Health insurance is expensive because health CARE is expensive. That's all insurance does, is fund the delivery of healthcare services. There just isn't enough money to spread around. Do you know how much an MRI costs? What about hernia surgery or a knee scope?

The problem that you and most Americans are seeing is that finally the actual costs of our Healthcare system are much, much higher than people thought. Since our health insurance is employer based, there is almost no transparency when it comes to cost, since there are requirements that the employer pay a portion of the premium. This results in shock and awe when those same people look to purchase similar products in the individual market.

This current system will work until we run out of money, and we are quickly approaching that point. The problem with covering everyone, is that everyone has to purchase insurance. That's the only way your happy story ends well. Unless everyone purchases insurance, then the numbers will never add up. Wiki insurance theory or the law of large numbers. The good part about this shortage of young healthy people is that they are now required to pay into the system. This will not happen however, because the law has almost no teeth with regards to penalties for not carrying insurance. Given the choice, is a young, healthy, twenty-something going to buy insurance, or pay the $95 fee and go without until they need it, at which point they can sign up on the way to the hospital. That's obviously a slight exaggeration, but it's not very far off.

Look at employers. Employers with more than 30 employees are now required to provide minimum essential benefits (MEB) on their health plans. If they don't, they have to pay a penalty of $2k per employee, and if that employee then goes to the exchange the penalty for the employer goes from $2k to $3k. The Kaiser Foundation has stated an average family spends $10k - $13k per year for premium. If an employer has a choice between paying 10-$12k for an employees family, or paying 2-$3k as a penalty, what will companies do? Math is hard, but not this hard.

We could talk about the MLR's, pay to play, and a million other things, but the problem with our healthcare delivery system is cost, and the affordable care act does nothing to address those costs.

Seamaiden do you realize that it costs over a billion dollars to build a hospital? There are many, many parts of our healthcare system that need reformed, but you can't reform 1/5th of our economy by passing a bill so we can see what's in it. All I see is shit.

Until there are more severe penalties for NOT having insurance, the young and healthy will continue to go uninsured, while the folks who need insurance will take advantage. This creates adverse risk for the insurance company, but they can't do anything about it. I know you'll love to hear this, but Healthcare Reform is the first step to make private insurance companies go away.

Tell me this. Do you know anyone on Social Security or Medicare or Medicaid? Have you ever spoken to a doctor about how much money they lose with medicare patients? The passage of the ACA says people can now purchase insurance even if they have pre-existing conditions, but it does nothing to address the rising COSTS of healthcare, which is the more major factor that needs to change but it's also the harder one to change.

If you thought health insurance is expensive now, just wait until it's free. Obviously I come from the healthcare delivery side of things more often than as a patient. We can always mirror Canada's system where you wait months for office visits and x-rays. That sounds like fun. In Canada you get what you require, not what you desire. Americans will never settle for that. Hello concierge docs.

Unless you are low income, up to 400% of the poverty level. Then, your premiums will be subsidized by up to 96%. That is quite a bit, and anywhere you hear that rates are going down is because they factor in the subsidies as well as the rates. That's the only way the math can kind of work.

/rant

lino

lino

I think your hitting the nail on the head LocalgrowGuy. But while this health care thing has huge a impact on the economics of this country as you mention, its miniscule as what is coming in the budget negotiation. This is a awesome political system our forefathers set up but I dont think that they took into account for Pres that wont negotiate. But maybe they did , we can resort to impeachment for the guys that wont negotiate. Not paying the debt and collapse of the dollar will have a catastrophic effect on the world, I hope we dont get to see what I am talking about,. Surely Hobama will cut a deal. We as Americans can not let this happen and were kinda helpless in stopping it now. Write your congress and stop this guy and any maniac that wont negotiate at the expense of the world being kept in order. this is very serious.

lino

lino

this may seem odd at first but as a Licensed Bail Enforcement Agent (BEA) and Bail Bonding Agent (BBA) you learn the insurance game in Colo now cause you have to be licensed thru the Colo State Insurance boards starting 2000.
Level 1) Pioneer General , loyds of london and the top level Insurance Companies made up of Pat Bowlens and people with that kinda money,
Level 2) bond money to Mary Ellens and John Elways with an interest on the money,
Level 3) in turn the John Elways and Mary Ellens write bonds to my bosses and I go enforce the bond if the premium is not paid, sometimes that might mean freedom bonds that went bad on small scale or BEA might go save grand ma's home on a bad bond. MY bosses use thier bonds for things like ; to insure things like health care, immigration bonds and lets not forget court freedom bonds. But in this system guess who never looses money the guys at the top. The higher up the ladder the more you are guaranteed your ROI.

In this heath care insurance set up it cost the anyone who gets a job just like LocalGrowGuy is trying to explain to you. If you dont work and you're young you'll make out like a fat cat.... Whats wrong with that picture. Mary Ellen , John Elway, Pat Bowlen. Loyds of london and Pioneer arent paying for free Health care. Guess who going to insure America The HOme of the Poor, the people with jobs. Not congress , not the Pres You;re paying it !

K

kolah

The end result will be the same.

squiggly

squiggly

I think the problem you're having is that you're mixing and matching concepts. I'll clear it up for you a bit.

1st off, Question , Does anyone know if the DEA is shut down and do agents get paid. I doubt it, soldiers on the War on Drugs, huh.

I've been thumbing thru this health care thing and a marijuana smoker will not get coverage, I could be wrong,,, (but it "appears to me" ) as of 2015 Gov heath care will/could have tobacco and drug screens in place for Gov insurance.

There have already been longstanding requirements like this for other insurers. This isn't really talking about everyone--it refers to government employees for the most part (and they have always been subject to drug screening/etc. for employment.)

The tobacco thing is new deal insurers having been trying out for awhile now, that's not connected to Obamacare.

I cant tell what purpose this serves. Wait I thought everyone is covered (weather you pay for HC or not). This very complex verb-age and appears to cover people with per-existing conditions.

It's a bit more complex as you suggest. Everyone who QUALIFIES according to their income tax status (and other special considerations) can be covered under Obamacare. What the legislation ALSO did was essentially to force insurers to cover people with pre-existing conditions.

If you choose not to pay for healthcare insurance and DO NOT qualify for (and apply to receive) Obamacare, then you will not be insured. You will pay a tax penalty for making this choice, unless you are exempted due to tax status.

But my main question here is do I get free ambulance rides to a hospital, I stubbed my pinky toe and need heavy does of some morphine so I can trip out Hard bro.

Unless you are on a government subsidized plan (medicare/medicaid) then it will be your insurer making that call most likely. An ambulance ride for anything will never be free, paramedics must be paid and vehicles/facilities kept up, and inventory replenished. Paramedics and doctors/hospitals are healthcare providers--the question here is what will insurers do.

The government cannot force them to cover anything not specifically laid out in the legislation. Those things include coverage for pre-existing conditions and coverage for birth control.

If stubbed pinkie toe ambulance rides weren't covered before, they likely won't be now.

All in all I have no opinion in terms of what claims you're making. Who's to say what's right.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I do not support the republicans nor the democrats because neither represents me but in this case i fully support the republican side,this whole shutdown BS is about one thing obamacare,which the majority of americans do not support.Congress has already excluded itself from compliance and have also granted a 1 year extension to big business so why not put it off 1 more year for EVERYONE while we have a debate about this program they are FORCING on us?The dems REFUSE to debate the merits because they know it sucks and it would never happen and obamas legacy would go up in smoke.
Basically our leaders are saying ''do as we say not as we do'',we need some kind of health care reform for sure but this aint it,right now health care is more than alot of peoples mortgages and rising all the time and the government is going to try to force you to pay it?thats bullshit.Democrats can end the whole deal right now by saying ok well give the people the same deal we gave big biz and ourselves while we work this out but are refusing,screw them lets do it the old fashioned way a take a vote on it,majority rules.

squiggly

squiggly

Honestly fishwhistle I agree with all that you said, if we are supposing that the Republicans are interested in debate and compromise.

Unfortunately, I must ultimately disagree because I know they are interested in no such thing.

This has nothing to do with debating the merit of a law and everything to do with politics.

K

kolah

Big gov can keep funding their war games but can't keep a State Park open. And people believe this shit?

Remember when american sheeple thought it would be FREE healthcare? Is it sinking in yet?

Top Bottom