Obama care for MMJ and DEA & Government Shut Down

• Thread starter lino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lino

lino

Dam Squiggly, you ruined my fun. I was hoping for some free morphine...

squiggly

squiggly

Big gov can keep funding their war games but can't keep a State Park open. And people believe this shit?

Remember when american sheeple thought it would be FREE healthcare? Is it sinking in yet?

Well let's call this what it is. One side doesn't want the government to shut down (especially not to the tune of a bunch of unpaid, overseas, troops) at ALL. It became obvious quick-fast that taking money from the troops wasn't going to play to the conservative audience--so they used a stop-gap measure. The democrats would re-open each and every government service one by one just like they did the military if the republicans would play ball that way.

I mean yes they did do what you're saying they did--but I think there's context there that goes beyond what it simply sounds like.

Also, only idiots, not sheeple, believed this was going to be free healthcare--that went down the drain almost immediately during negotiations with republicans on the initial bill. Sheeple believe what they are told--and no one told anyone free healthcare was coming. Idiots may have assumed that, but no one goaded anyone in that direction--not even the media.

lino

lino

Kolah sound pist about the national park closure, he must have some bud up in those hills... not hackN on you just tryN to get you to smile... :)

lino

lino

I;ve seen it all now.. Life is complete now. A Texas stage and concert and everyone grabbing his junk, thats funny...

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

I do not support the republicans nor the democrats because neither represents me but in this case i fully support the republican side,this whole shutdown BS is about one thing obamacare,which the majority of americans do not support.Congress has already excluded itself from compliance and have also granted a 1 year extension to big business so why not put it off 1 more year for EVERYONE while we have a debate about this program they are FORCING on us?The dems REFUSE to debate the merits because they know it sucks and it would never happen and obamas legacy would go up in smoke.
Basically our leaders are saying ''do as we say not as we do'',we need some kind of health care reform for sure but this aint it,right now health care is more than alot of peoples mortgages and rising all the time and the government is going to try to force you to pay it?thats bullshit.Democrats can end the whole deal right now by saying ok well give the people the same deal we gave big biz and ourselves while we work this out but are refusing,screw them lets do it the old fashioned way a take a vote on it,majority rules.

This isn't because Dems or the president is unwilling to compromise. Republicans are playing politics with a the budget plain and simple. Obamacare has nothing to do with the budget. It's a separate bill. It was a law that passed in 2010 and was upheld by the Supreme Court, except for one part which Obama has not tried to re-introduce. Republicans since then have tried 42 different times to repeal, obviously all unsuccessfully. Obama was also voted back into office by the American people, thus supporting his obvious major legislative agendas. Democrats also won the collective popular vote in the house in 2012, however, didn't gain seats. If Republicans want to undo Obamacare they should do it in it's proper place, a separate bill. Not by playing games and causing all around panic and suffering.

lino

lino

You rite and wrong in my opinion in regards to
"This isn't because Dems or the president is unwilling to compromise."
This statement is Plain Wrong " IF " the Pres would follow political protocol as history suggests that every Pres in the history of USA has came to the table to negotiate during Gov shutdowns. Billy Clinton and Newt battles it out from day 1 of the Gov shutsdowns, same for Regan and on and on. If you;re implyting the Obama doesnt have to negotiate you're semi correct Pres can keep the door shut go play golf and strike deals with Iran and Putin. But we as Americans should have started an impeachment process by now on any of these idiots who refuse to talk thru problems. This was designed to force negotiations for the American public. This is the process our forefathers have set up to stop Dictatorship.

" Dict" Dictatorship - Dictator - Dictation in any 'dict'ionary is explained and I think this is a perfect definition:
Lino say to jFizzle2cmu; You're going to buy my seeds. jFizzle2cmu says; No I'm not buying your fucked up seeds! And Lino says; you will or I'll fine your ass jFizzle2cmu. jFizzle2cmu says Fuck you Lino! I'm suing you in Supreme Court.
Everyone on THCfarmer shows up at our trial. They tell the judge Lino is a cool dude he gives out Free Doobies and builds hospitals for us. He is going to take his profits that shows a net lost, no profit , just debt, but Lino says we get Free Jays and hospitals.
Lino wins the Supreme Court ruling.
jFizzle2cmu is pist. He knows this system is entirely against the jewish banking system that made this country so strong, No i am not Jewish, so he say to Lino; Hey dude, but you just cant take my money, this is America! Let talk this out like Americans have since George Washington.
Lino Says strongly, so loud the whole world hears it:FUCK YOU jFizzle2cmu NOW YOU PIST ME OFF! You;re going to buy my seeds now. I'm not going to Negotiate! If you aint got no money I'm fining you're ass $95. If you make 50k or more your premiums will average $4500 and up for my seeds.

Remember one thing Lino dont negotiate, I 'dict'ate!

Now jFizzle2cmu is going for revenge, jFizzle2cmu knows he can plead with THCfarmer's because Lino is supposed negotiate a budget plan for the THCfarmers website.

This makes Lino furious, this fucking jFizzle2cmu wont go away! Without further negotiations, I will have to close THCfarmer down. Starting tomarrow EVERYONE ON THCFARMER will have to purchase Lino's seeds or pay a fine. If you get sick and have decent job your Lino Seed premiums will be substantial to pay for this.

And Lino hopes nobody noticed, but I just quadrupled the number of IRS Agents, debt collectors, more agents than ever in the history of THCFarmer and they;re attacking jFizzle2cmu friends or anyone who supports jFizzle2cmu. Dont fuck with Lino!

Now in this sogga of Lino vs jFizzle2cmu will we get to see who wins this battle
Quote from jFizzle2cmu;
Republicans are playing politics with a the budget plain and simple.

Not hackN on you bro , many people like your side, free doobies! , we had a crowd at the park! So this comment is all in fun, if your not Gov employee. Its the way I see it. No I am not Republican either , they throw MMJ people in prison, ,,, Did anyone see Jessie the Body Ventura announce that he is running for Pres under the pretense of George Washington our founding father who had NO PARTY affiliation, it was on CNN lat nite. this proves i;m not a rebulican, huh?

K

kolah

Jesse Ventura, cool. Howard "asshole" Stern wtf? more bullshit for "The Bread and Circus Show." Stay tuned, Sheeple.

Funny skit, Lino. ...sad but true though

K

kolah

Can anyone tell me why not participating in Obummber care will be a tax penalty? Does anyone find it odd in any way?

lino

lino

good question, Maybe $95 tax cut from someones "IRS tax return" will not be noticed as many of us dont fill in the blanks on our income tax and everyone will still love Lino cause they didnt notice that Lino just screwed out em of $95 from the IRS tax returns, that is if you got a job that of course.

lino

lino

I google that "Weimar Republic in Germany in the 1920′s" and that is exactly whats happening here and I think we'll see this play out in our lifetime. Scary but it will be hard to stop/ repair without instant spending cuts. The seriousness of what you post is real, this next negotiation THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE HAPPENING RITE NOW in Gov could easily start what happened in. people just dont get it.

Weimar Republic in Germany in the 1920′s

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think it's obvious that you and I come from different points of view. I don't know you so please don't take offense, but you are mistaken on a number of points.

Health insurance is expensive because health CARE is expensive. That's all insurance does, is fund the delivery of healthcare services. There just isn't enough money to spread around. Do you know how much an MRI costs? What about hernia surgery or a knee scope?
I am not offended. Since my father is a radiologist and mother's a registered dietitian, I've been raised by 'health care' all my life, and imaging in particular is a field with which I have some small familiarity. I think all of us can understand those types of associated costs, but none of us understand those costs, mostly administrative, being folded into very small, incidental items.

Are you aware of the wildly different rates charged to patients to be imaged, let's go with MR, between insured and non-insured? I've had several MRs, and a few CATs (what can I say? I love imaging), as well as some nuclear imaging, and I've had that imaging done as both a non-insured and insured, and the difference in the charges is astonishing. Over $7,000 for a CAT when uninsured, vs the far more reasonable $2,500 (charged to insurance company, not me) when insured..? How's that work, exactly? Why would it cost so much more for the exact same imaging on the exact same patient at the exact same hospital? Administrative costs, and the bargaining power that insurers use to strong-arm doctors and hospitals into accepting far lower reimbursement rates than what would otherwise be--that's what I see. Am I missing something else here? I don't think so, I was even party to a class action suit against that particular hospital for its billing practices. D'oh!

I remember when there was no such career as 'medical billing'. Now? It's a lucrative field! Come on, that's not a necessary health care cost, never had to be and never should be. Yet, there it is. I wish I had the study my husband loves to use when demonstrating how health 'care' costs have soared out of control, he compares the cost of giving birth in the hospital after WW II, and now. The difference is absolutely STAGGERING.

Adjusted for inflation, in today's dollars, it cost less than $2,000 to give vaginal birth in hospital in the late 1940s. Today? We can expect that vaginal birth with no complications to cost over $20,000. You're really going to say those are actual costs, when I know that doctors, nurses, and other real healthcare professionals, the people who actually TREAT patients, not simply administer their cases, are not being paid what they used to be (again, inflation adjusted)?
The problem that you and most Americans are seeing is that finally the actual costs of our Healthcare system are much, much higher than people thought. Since our health insurance is employer based, there is almost no transparency when it comes to cost, since there are requirements that the employer pay a portion of the premium. This results in shock and awe when those same people look to purchase similar products in the individual market.
Tell it to my parents who know full well what it costs and how that relates to how health care used to be approached vs now. The number one reason why it's so expensive isn't because hospitals are now so much more expensive to build, but because of paperwork; i.e. administrative costs.
This current system will work until we run out of money, and we are quickly approaching that point. The problem with covering everyone, is that everyone has to purchase insurance. That's the only way your happy story ends well. Unless everyone purchases insurance, then the numbers will never add up. Wiki insurance theory or the law of large numbers. The good part about this shortage of young healthy people is that they are now required to pay into the system. This will not happen however, because the law has almost no teeth with regards to penalties for not carrying insurance. Given the choice, is a young, healthy, twenty-something going to buy insurance, or pay the $95 fee and go without until they need it, at which point they can sign up on the way to the hospital. That's obviously a slight exaggeration, but it's not very far off.

Look at employers. Employers with more than 30 employees are now required to provide minimum essential benefits (MEB) on their health plans. If they don't, they have to pay a penalty of $2k per employee, and if that employee then goes to the exchange the penalty for the employer goes from $2k to $3k. The Kaiser Foundation has stated an average family spends $10k - $13k per year for premium. If an employer has a choice between paying 10-$12k for an employees family, or paying 2-$3k as a penalty, what will companies do? Math is hard, but not this hard.
That's why I have finally landed in the socialized medicine arena, precisely why. It's become a total clusterfuck.
We could talk about the MLR's, pay to play, and a million other things, but the problem with our healthcare delivery system is cost, and the affordable care act does nothing to address those costs.

Seamaiden do you realize that it costs over a billion dollars to build a hospital? There are many, many parts of our healthcare system that need reformed, but you can't reform 1/5th of our economy by passing a bill so we can see what's in it. All I see is shit.

Until there are more severe penalties for NOT having insurance, the young and healthy will continue to go uninsured, while the folks who need insurance will take advantage. This creates adverse risk for the insurance company, but they can't do anything about it. I know you'll love to hear this, but Healthcare Reform is the first step to make private insurance companies go away.
I would love to see their influence reduced, but something in my gut tells me that this act isn't the path.
Tell me this. Do you know anyone on Social Security or Medicare or Medicaid? Have you ever spoken to a doctor about how much money they lose with medicare patients? The passage of the ACA says people can now purchase insurance even if they have pre-existing conditions, but it does nothing to address the rising COSTS of healthcare, which is the more major factor that needs to change but it's also the harder one to change.
Even better, I know people whose fields of expertise, whose incomes, are tied very closely to Medicare (nursing homes). I also have many older people in my family, some of whom are indeed on SS as well as Medicare or Medicaid.
If you thought health insurance is expensive now, just wait until it's free. Obviously I come from the healthcare delivery side of things more often than as a patient. We can always mirror Canada's system where you wait months for office visits and x-rays. That sounds like fun. In Canada you get what you require, not what you desire. Americans will never settle for that. Hello concierge docs.
Every Canadian I've spoken to says this 'fact' (the wait times) is untrue. Who knows? But I do know one thing--this country spends more time, money and energy playing catch-up (treating only when ill health demands it) than using some common sense and making basic, preventative health care available. Ever since I began reading WHO reports on health care in various countries and saw that CUBA has better overall health care for the average citizen than the U.S. does, I knew we had ourselves a HUGE problem.
Unless you are low income, up to 400% of the poverty level. Then, your premiums will be subsidized by up to 96%. That is quite a bit, and anywhere you hear that rates are going down is because they factor in the subsidies as well as the rates. That's the only way the math can kind of work.

/rant

Again, reading what you've posted leads me towards socialized health care. Just everyone pay a tax (taken out of the flat tax rate that I think we should all be paying) and we'll have it all come out of that.

K

kolah

For those who don't participate in this nazi healthcare program you will be considered tax evaders.

Then there is the guy who always accuses people of not reporting the fruits of their labor (income) and not "paying their share" but yet he grew and sold pot for years and never claimed it as miscellaneous income. Can you say hypocrite?

lino

lino

yep seamaiden , everyone should have to be paying Lino tax, Everyone has to buy Lino Seeds or I'll fine your ass's... lets pay the lino seed bank . and by they way I'm negotiable you have to accept my budget plan for THCfarmer also or keep it shut down... .

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good thing lino accepts pinto beans as payment! :D

When I was young, and my friends wanted to play poker, I would bet with matches. Or beans.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Big gov can keep funding their war games but can't keep a State Park open. And people believe this shit?

Remember when american sheeple thought it would be FREE healthcare? Is it sinking in yet?
"If you thought health care was expensive before, just wait until it's free."

Tennessee private investigator Charles Piper described a group of patients in a care facility repeatedly left alone to watch the movie "Forrest Gump."
Every time the credits rolled, Piper said the facility submitted insurance claims for group-therapy sessions.
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...s/20121228-health-fraud-tactics-detailed.html

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Honestly fishwhistle I agree with all that you said, if we are supposing that the Republicans are interested in debate and compromise.

Unfortunately, I must ultimately disagree because I know they are interested in no such thing.

This has nothing to do with debating the merit of a law and everything to do with politics.

I agree squiggs so if neither party can debate it and work it out maybe its time the people have a chance to vote on the program,If the majority like it its the law of the land and if they dont we scrap it and start over.I do not beleive politicians should be able to pass laws and then exempt themselves from them,in fact i think any law they pass they should also have to live by,united we stand and all that.

Top Bottom