Obama care for MMJ and DEA & Government Shut Down

• Thread starter lino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I wish I had more time to respond, but real life n stuff.

-Radiologists, ER Techs, Anesthesiologists, and Pathologists are referred to as RAPE or PEAR providers, depending on the client, because those facilities don’t usually join anyone’s network, allowing the very charges you shit on in your post. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a perfectly fine career choice, but it highlights some biases (bias’, bias’s, ?).

The easiest way I can explain it to my clients is that if you don’t have insurance you are paying retail, or whatever the provider wants to charge you. After all, you chose to go to that provider, right? If people don’t like the prices they should shop around. It’s called consumerism, and there’s a huge shortage of it in our country. If you have insurance then you are purchasing your healthcare wholesale, with discounts. It’s a person’s responsibility to know what their insurance does and does not cover.

“How’s that work, exactly?” When a provider such as an imaging center signs a contract with an insurance company, they are agreeing to bill a certain amount for procedures using CPT codes, over ten thousand of them. The provider agrees to bill you for the contracted amount, and also agrees NOT to charge you for the balance, which is called balanced billing. That’s another conversation. The reason it works, exactly, is because most people have no clue how much or how expensive their healthcare costs are. If they were paying for nuclear imaging themselves, they’re going to shop around for the lowest rate, correct? That’s what the insurance companies want, which is why there are such steep discounts for using a participating provider, and also why copays for tier 1, most generics, is only $10 or $15 not subject to the deductible.

As far as your comments regarding reimbursements, the provider knows before accepting the patient that they will compensated less. It’s the providers choice whether to participate in the network or not. If they don’t participate they can charge whatever they want, like in your examples for MR’s and CAT scans and other nuclear imaging. I have no idea what the actual cost is. I think insurance companies and imaging centers purposely hide costs, and I don’t think anyone would argue they charge higher rates to compensate for those who pay less or not at all. I guess I don’t understand your comment about insurance companies strong-arm doctors. If they have a shitty contract with United, then don’t accept them and use a different provider. I don’t really buy the argument that the insurers are forcing anyone to do anything. Insurance is regulated at the state level, so I’m certain that things where you live are not the same as where I live. Here there are a dozen health carriers. I am an insurance agent. I insure about 15 doctor offices, and if they have issues with a certain company they don’t accept them. Simple as that.

I lightheartedly disagree on the medical billing though. With over ten thousand CPT codes doctors have enough other shit to worry about than submitting a claim with the ‘correct’ codes, or whatever.

I encourage you to read this excerpt. Although the source is not really credible, it makes some good points. You’ll enjoy the graphics, and it helps reinforce your point, but what are the alternatives?

http://www.cracked.com/article_20612_5-seemingly-harmless-groups-that-wield-terrifying-power.html

#3. The Medical-Industrial Complex That Exists Solely to Bankrupt You

‘We all know that the health care industry has the second most jacked up perception of value in the country, slightly behind defense contractors and just above printer ink. But you might not know exactly how bad it really is, so here -- check out this comparison of the cost of medical procedures in the U.S. versus the rest of the world:’

Tell me who is more evil in this, the insurance company as the insurer, or the hospital as a provider? And no one wins.

People don't think to question it because most of them have never even heard of a chargemaster, and the health industry has managed to steer the health care debate away from asking why we're paying $77 for a single gauze pad when we could buy a whole goddamn box of the things at Walmart for 10 bucks and focusing instead on who should pay for it.
But how have they managed to so completely foul up something as fundamental as health care? The answer is obvious: money. Hospitals are a for-profit industry, and one does have to spend money to make money. Lobbyists for defense, aerospace, oil, and gas have tossed a combined $2.8 billion at Washington since 1998. The medical-industrial complex has spent about twice that.”
Don’t single anyone or anything as a cause, when we are discussing 1/5th of our economy there are many many factors at play, more than can be discussed here.

lino

lino

Impeachment is looming! This accusation comes with a Death Penalty clause!

lino

lino

Now they re-worded it , the Jihad is GOP,,,, LOL ,,, live TV is better than these dam websites sometimes...

squiggly

squiggly

For those who don't participate in this nazi healthcare program you will be considered tax evaders.

Well that's not really true, right?

If you don't pay your taxes you're a tax evader. If you don't participate in the healthcare program you simply have to pay a tax--it doesn't make you an evader right away.

squiggly

squiggly

I agree squiggs so if neither party can debate it and work it out maybe its time the people have a chance to vote on the program,If the majority like it its the law of the land and if they dont we scrap it and start over.I do not beleive politicians should be able to pass laws and then exempt themselves from them,in fact i think any law they pass they should also have to live by,united we stand and all that.

It's actually a common misconception that congress has been exempted from the law. That is not the case. This whole myth began at FOX news (not surprisingly) and it makes reference to an insurance premium subsidy which has long been provided to federal workers (IE not just congress). Secondarily it makes reference to the fact that congress, like other people with work-related insurance, were not eligible for the exchanges. Now, quite the opposite, congress is actually REQUIRED to buy insurance through the exchanges (presumably so they can see what their constituents are required to go through). That's now a part of the law.

Congress is still subject to a tax if they don't retain healthcare, and this law did nothing to exempt them (or to change the subsidy they'd already been receiving). If you think feds shouldn't contribute to healthcare premiums of their workers that's a wholly separate issue from Obamacare.

lino

lino

Political Mathematics that we can understand.
A President that will NOT negotiate, goes and plays golf, he has essentially removed himself from office with no Gov to run. Another Fact; Dem and Republican are not getting anywhere on healthcare and a budget. And in my opinion about 30% of there Federal Gov is shut down. SO LETS DO THE MATH!
NO Obama for 3 days =
No Republican and Dem agreement on how much money to spend =
A portion of the Gov Shut Down, Parks, Memorials, and the like,,, so what does this equal to us;
$16.8 or $16.9 trillion went to $16.6 in debt REDUCTION in 3 days and TODAY depending on who's calculator you use, its a a lot of integers and floating points (numbers after the decimal) so you need to use the Power button (X10) so it fluctuates depending on the device and mathematics used to interpolate the equations but here it is so we all understand;

16.9 - 16.6 = .3 Trillion of our debt was removed IN 3 DAYS. For the first time since Bill Clinton our debt has went down. So be it math or science ( we just witnessed the ultimate litmus test) here is our simple answer before our eyes. Lino's 5 step plan to economic recovery and the return of the USA back to a super power with no wars and American integrity returned.
1. Remove Obama, I know we'll end up with SmileN Joe Biden for cpl years.
2. Stop Congress from spending and negotiate a debt Payment.
3. Shrink Federal Gov.
4. Tighten boarder security with ingenuity, not spending a lot of money. This battle will be next, after all this bullshit is over.
5. $2000 Federal and State Bounty's on anyone that is in the USA illegally like many other countries have in place. Not Federal or State employees, Open Bountys.
Problems Solved, go to our banks and we have a instant dollar value increase because a loaf a bread will have an equivalency to $0.80 - $1.00 due to a good credit rating. Gas goes back down to $1.20.

This crappy ass health care plan is poker chip for now, its irrelevant. We'll have to dump that piece of shit later. It will be another horrific political battle. So my question is; Do you want the Lino of this post as a Republican style President or would you rather the "Pres of THCFarmer Lino post" as Democrat President be better?

As Americans this is the choices we're given Dem or Republican. Jessie the Body Ventura for President. No party affiliation. just pondering, no haters allowed.. I doubt anyone will bite on this bait. :)

sky high

sky high

Kinda tongue-in-cheek....but there's some truth in here as well. Either way...we need some changes.

I think each American should just pay their share of the debt and be done with it. ($52,878.76 as of yesterday)

If you don't have the cash, you are put to work CCC style to build infrastructure for the future until your share is paid off.

Refuse either >responsibility<....and be eliminated. (No whiners allowed. Pay yer share or go away, bitch)

Then we kill all the politicians and start over with a flat tax system with no loopholes for corps/etc. that >includes< your yearly share of the "national debt". (we never build debt again, we pay as we go, as anyone does who is stable/reasonable in their approach to finances) User taxes/fees are enacted for everything...and people must pay enough for the services they use to keep those services active/available/existing on their own without Gov't assistance.

Probably should have a clause in there for free weed as well...but that is gonna step on a buncha yer toes so we'll have to figure that one out later...after a snack.:D

lino

lino

sky High, your budget is overwhelmingly popular but as your political opposition, I must say I like your budget plan and accept your budget offer. However the Lino party except this offer under pretense and stipulation that your budget plan includes #5 of the Lino budget plan with $5000 minimum bounty or no deal .

Now is sky high a good leader for walking away and shutting everything down OR should sky high negotiate this offer to get things open again.?

lino

lino

Sky high bear in mind, the Lino Party will not budge on negotiation without the free weed clause included.

lino

lino

:cool: To lead or not to lead that is the question at hand. Is sky an hobama or do you want him not to respond. This is a perfect example of politics.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Seamaiden, everyone has good points here. I'm glad you;re not one to get all pist off in a good ol fashion debate.

I love good debates, and what kills a good debate is when things are made or taken personally. Thank you for the compliment. :)

LocalGrowGuy, I've run out of time this morning! I've had a chance to skim through your post, but none of the links. If one of two events occurs (thread stays at top of list, or I remember to come back) then I will read through it far more carefully. Don't want you to think I'm blowing you off!

sky high

sky high

I can't side with #5, lino. There are "good" Americans who take it >all< for granted/who don't vote/who then >whine< about how fucked things are that we need to eradicate before we eradicate those who are coming here to try to better themselves..for whatever reason. I say we start with the folks who can't see their toes anymore for their gut cus they obviously take in more than they are giving back...and that right there IS the basis of all of our problems.

squiggly

squiggly

Kinda tongue-in-cheek....but there's some truth in here as well. Either way...we need some changes.

I think each American should just pay their share of the debt and be done with it. ($52,878.76 as of yesterday)

This is essentially the road the democrats want to take--via tax increases across the board.

Of course they would inevitably try to spend what they gained from that, and that's why (ORIGINALLY) we had a two party system with a balance to that goal of liberals.

I think the truth is, and all sane people know this, that the best solution is a mixture of both of the policies being espoused here.

We need to raise taxes, and we need to cut spending.

However, it would be silly to not also recognize that we need to be smart about what we cut and where we choose to reinvest/what we choose to keep. THIS part of the process SHOULD be where the real fight is occurring on capitol hill.

It should be simple to agree that we do need to take a balanced approach in terms of tax increase/spending cut--it should only become difficult where disagreements arise about where cuts should be made and what new investments are necessary given the ever-changing state of the world economy. Sadly, our leaders aren't even able to make it that far--to where they agree to show goodwill across the aisle and begin to tackle some of these tough ideological differences in terms of the specifics.

When I say ideological differences I'm not referring to the drivel we see today, but instead the classic democrat/republican dichotomy (ie what programs to keep/cut).

While it certainly IS an ideology which says that we should never raise taxes, and likewise the belief that we should instead tax our way out and cut no spending is also an ideology--but neither of them reflects the reality of the situation. In the sense of "hashing out" solutions through ideological barriers--these are two completely unworkable starting points, so it doesn't even make sense to talk about "debate" in any realistic sense of the term when we're looking at what is happening right now.

It's fighting, not arguing, that our leaders are doing--and there is a very tangible difference in terms of the outcomes for everyday Americans.

I can't side with #5, lino. There are "good" Americans who take it >all< for granted/who don't vote/who then >whine< about how fucked things are that we need to eradicate before we eradicate those who are coming here to try to better themselves..for whatever reason. I say we start with the folks who can't see their toes anymore for their gut cus they obviously take in more than they are giving back...and that right there IS the basis of all of our problems.

Bravo for this. I'd maybe step off the idea that fat people are automatically a problem personally--but I agree that the uninformed and apathetic American is the root of all our issues. It's not some illuminati-esque conspiracy at the top we should be worried about--it's the general idiocy of the everyman/woman in this country.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

I love Momma!

Healthcare is screwed up, and the biggest part is 'end of life'....
A hard decision as no one want's to take Grandma off life support, but trying to cheat death instead of accepting the natural way of things is expensive. And it gives rise to the question 'why do these people just born have to burden the healthcare costs of those who've had a whole lifetime to accrue assets'.
If the government could keep money that is supposed to be for something from being spent on something else, then I'd could see raising taxes, for a purpose, but they like that money in a General Fund, so they can do as they please (even if it is expressly stated to be in some limited fund).

Good book, should be required reading in High School.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Healing_of_America

lino

lino

jFizzle, I thought you had one of the better opposing threads. I wanted to say that my last message to you was all in fun, I wasn't trying to offend you. My long winded , cryptic message was simple impersonation of Obama, our Dictator. I was taking your side in a very " sarcastic way" trying to expose my disagreements with your view of democratic behavior. (with Lino being an Obama style Pres of THCfarmer),.

Latest posts

Top Bottom