Og Kush Bagseed Grow In Small Space Led/cfl

• Thread starter alexB45
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
alexB45

alexB45

This is a single plant grow in a small space with a a combination of seven lights. This is my fourth grow; all have ended up as lone females in small contained spaces. First grow was from clone, this is third from seed. My last run was Alien Grenades f2 in the same setup- which had all sorts of issues- preventable things that I let slip by.

Setup is a 90 watt LED UFO, one 23 watt LED Flood (1600 lumens-120W replacement), Four 23W CFLs (100Watt replacement-1600 Lumens), and one 16W CFL contained in a box about waste high with adjustable lights.

I change over from 5000k CFLs to 2700k CFLs when I flip (both 1600 lumen, 100W replacement), and keep the UFO in there the whole run.

A month ago I pulled about 10-15 seeds from a half oz of some OG Kush, and attempted to germinate the 8 most viable looking seeds.

Out of the 8, one became a whacked out little seedling that clearly was going nowhere- after a week of minimal results I tossed it.

I then attempted to germinate the remaining 7 or so less-viable looking seeds, and once again I have ended up with one seedling that appeared to be worth saving. I potted her up in 2gal container with MASSWHOLE Potting soil.

February 12th is the earliest photo I have below, taken the day of the transplant.

Og kush bagseed grow in small space ledcfl
Og kush bagseed grow in small space ledcfl 2
Og kush bagseed grow in small space ledcfl 3
Og kush bagseed grow in small space ledcfl 4
Og kush bagseed grow in small space ledcfl 5
alexB45

alexB45

march 9th pics.
an electricity bill situation has moved me into bloom earlier than I would have liked...
12/12 began on March 5th...

I will be away from march 14-20th, I plan on watering at 5am the morning I leave before the lights come on. I will hate to put the plant through this brief drought, but I have no choice.

IMG 4282
IMG 4288
IMG 4289
IMG 4288 2
IMG 4290
IMG 4296
IMG 4295 2
str8smokn

str8smokn

I don't know, what are you feeding her? She looks like you've got something going on,new growth all twisted and deformed..those big fan leafs look a little stubby..not sure

alexB45

alexB45

Thanks for looking. The first 14 days nothing but distilled water...
the MASSWHOLE soils 'feeds for 14-28 days', so I waited until 2 weeks of growth before lightly getting into ferts.... vigaro 24-8-16 1.25 mL/gal with CalMag every other water event. The morning after I flipped, I watered with Floranova Bloom 4-8-7 and the calmag.... So in a approximately one month of life, I've fertilized those three times

A couple other things/issues:
Maybe I fucked up the FIM somehow, because we are definitely looking rather odd! And I should have raised up the lights higher, earlier than I did, as well....

M

mrtokez2

Yes that's most likely due to the messed up fim. Leaves aren't looking too bad. Unfortunately it is doubtful the herb you got the seed from was a true of kush..an s1 should look close to its mom..doesn't look very og structure at all. Hope its dank though good luck

M

mrtokez2

Also for best results you should be feeding ferts immediately. I only water w plain water once a week max. In veg i always water with ferts. It needs to get buff for when you flip. Plant looks a little thirsty from the pics.

alexB45

alexB45

I hear that man, thanks for the heads up about nutes. I've definitely gone super easy on fert over my first couple of stabs at soil cultivation.

alexB45

alexB45

photo below is after 156 hours since last watering. I was out of town for nearly a week....
I returned to a super wilted plant beginning to flower, with soil virtually hygro and weightless.....

This unfortunate drought stress on her 7-14 days into 12/12 should be devastating, for a bagseed plant that already had some other issues going on..... hermie alert is on, although right now I'm only seeing pistils.....

In addition, that FIM I attempted did turn out to be a botched job, as the original top has regained apical dominance. So, I basically just halted the original tops growth for about 1.5-2 weeks, while some lower branches caught up. Pretty pathetic. Throw in the 5 days of drought, and I have one sorry looking bagseed grow in the works!

IMG 4382
M

mrtokez2

Its still very early in the cycle. Resiliency of this plant is very impressive. Just flood it and it'll perk right back up. Couple thoughts:

I'd recommend getting at least a 300w panel for decent sized hard nugs. There are a lot of decently priced ones on amazon. Check out Apollo horticulture lights..I use them for veg and am very happy with them. Keep them about 1.5 ft from the top. 2 feet max.

Not familiar with the soil you're using..but I'm a soil user and I recommend feeding once a day (after week two). Of course you need to add something to aerate it more if the soil is too rich and doesn't dry out in time.

As far as ferts go..if you truly want some powerful dank you need to be feeding ferts the minute they're rooted. Plain water maybe once a week just to keep the root system from gunking up w nutes. The ratios are different for veg n bloom as I'm sure you know but its also important to keep your ppm in mind. If you're using tap water I'd shoot for 15-1600 ppm in bloom. I personally go as high as 18-1900, but its tricky.

Keep the leaves in a praying state..they should always be pointing upwards..perky is what you want.

Hope this helps. Sorry if you knew all this already haha. I'm an og head so I know quite a bit about her..

IMG 20150228 004855
here's what I mean about the pointing. Notice the angle that's what u want.

IMG 20150106 221237

Not the best work but I like to think I know what I'm doing hehe.

alexB45

alexB45

Looking healthier 2.5 days later.... I lost some foliage due to the drought/removed quite a few beat up leaves that were not worth keeping. Due to her short stature, not much light could get through to lower canopy anyways, so I think that was needed regardless. I'm gonna step up the fert program also. Gonna work up to full label rates and increase the frequency. In a couple of days I'll collect some runoff following a plain watering event and take it to get analyzed. It will be a week before I have the results, but it should definitely help me fine tune the nutrition program. Test results will include: soil OM, soil NO3- & NH4+, salts/EC, Macro/Micro/minors, pH etc.... I've been super light on applications and fert rates over my first three grows, its time to get the PPM up!
IMG 4408
My Current nutes/rates:
CalMag (2-0-0) @ 3mL/gal (max recommended strength is 5mL/gal)
Floranova Bloom (4-8-7) @ 2 tsp/gal (max recommended strength is 3 tsp/gal)
KoolBloom (0-10-10) @ 2.5mL/gal (max recommended strength is 5mL/gal)*

*today was first day of koolbloom for her

alexB45

alexB45

Thanks, she does appear to have bounced back from some challenging times! (Got some great advice here to ramp up nutes) which Ive been doing, plant seems to be loving it. Next fertilization and hence forth I'll be at full strength bloom nutes, with more frequent fert events than I'm accustomed to,
for the remainder of this run.
The 90w ufo is a bloomboss. I found it in a closet of an apartment I lived In last winter, along with a 250w HPS (which is no longer in use, as it ignited a closet fire- caused by excessive heat and poor ventilation on my part). Scary stuff, the bloomboss has been great alone but especially great in combination with CFL's and smaller LEDs suited to whatever spectrum is needed at the time.

north knect

north knect

Thanks, she does appear to have bounced back from some challenging times! (Got some great advice here to ramp up nutes) which Ive been doing, plant seems to be loving it. Next fertilization and hence forth I'll be at full strength bloom nutes, with more frequent fert events than I'm accustomed to,View attachment 498520View attachment 498526 for the remainder of this run.
The 90w ufo is a bloomboss. I found it in a closet of an apartment I lived In last winter, along with a 250w HPS (which is no longer in use, as it ignited a closet fire- caused by excessive heat and poor ventilation on my part). Scary stuff, the bloomboss has been great alone but especially great in combination with CFL's and smaller LEDs suited to whatever spectrum is needed at the time.
Nice..free is always good lol..I'm running a similar setup to yours with 2plants a few days more into bloom than yours..check it out if ya like https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/purple-kush-journey.70814/page-8 happy farming man :D

alexB45

alexB45

North your run looks solid nice job so far. I'm gonna keep an eye on those 2. My little bush here is doing ok, no major developments. At full strength nutes, watering every other day. Plain water rotated in every 3 or 4.

Top Bottom