OGR alien k f2 males that show sex under 24/0

• Thread starter haole
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

haole

Hey everyone! I'm new to breeding and had a question for the more seasoned heads out there.

I wanted to save some males from my pack of alien kush f2s. Recently, 4 of 12 are showing sex clearly as males.

These plants are about 8 to 10 inches tall in 20 oz cups and are still symmetrically branched, under 24 hours of light. No females have revealed themselves clearly yet.

In essence, they are autoflowering.... and I wondered if that is a trait that is observable in males and likely to be passed on.

So should I discard these males?

thanks for the help

:):)

BiGDawGKusH_TRU

BiGDawGKusH_TRU

sounds like they are just showing sex, not flowering. there hasnt been any problems that iv heard about with the alien gear autoflowering. plants will show sex under 24 hours light, you dont need to bloom them to see there sex.

waayne

waayne

haole my Alien f2's started showing their sex
at about 35 days old....They are vegging under constant light....
it's not unusual. :pimp:

TortureKill

TortureKill

This is not uncommon when vegging under 24/0. Try giving them 6 hours of darkness and 18 on.

H

haole

sounds like they are just showing sex, not flowering. there hasnt been any problems that iv heard about with the alien gear autoflowering. plants will show sex under 24 hours light, you dont need to bloom them to see there sex.

haole my Alien f2's started showing their sex
at about 35 days old....They are vegging under constant light....
it's not unusual. :pimp:

This is not uncommon when vegging under 24/0. Try giving them 6 hours of darkness and 18 on.

Thanks for the replies!! Looks like I have several uniform males to choose from.

I'll hit this thread back w/ some pics later.

:harvest:

Rushoe

Rushoe

Ummmmmmm check it out bro. I had 4 beans of Empress that where given to me already sprouted in some tinny ass plastic cups they took for ever to show sex I know this was my fault from being to lazy and not transplanting them in to bigger pots I had them in for about two months lol...Only one showed sex so I kept that one. I hope shes a keeper.

H

haole

Also make sure they dont get rootbound....~ogr

Hey thanks for the advice ograskal!

Just curious from which perspective the rootbinding concerned you: a higher ratio of males to females, or simply causing flowering under long light conditions?

They definitely need to be transplanted.... will today switch them to 20/4 (never liked 18/6 personally) and 1 gallons.

Thanks again everyone!!!

:lock::lock:

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Rootbound causes stress, and can cause hermis and autos. I have never personally experienced this but have heard it from numerous reliable sources.

O

ograskal

Yes I've also heard that a rootbound male can autoflower. I've never experienced it but i've read about it several times...~ogr

Top Bottom