Ohpekush's First Grow Journal.

• Thread starter OhpeKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I need to pick up some pipcleaner so I can try that out, how do you make the holes in the fabric pot @rmoltis ? Hole punch?

Also my RH is still so low, sitting at 19% I added a sponge and a tray of water but doesn't seem to be helping.
How can I raise this without adding a dehumidifier, I have one going in my room.
Should I have the flap opened up a bit during the day?

I use a Dremel it works fastest.
A drill maybe 2nd.
A hole punch type works too.
Sometimes a knife or sharp screwdriver works.

You can get a value pack of pipe cleaners at any craft store too.

O

OhpeKush

is it normal for the top of my soil to be getting hard, it feels like roots are really close to the top im not able to get my finger down in anymore. I usually weight test it anyways but I just noticed this today.

Foxlink

Foxlink

is it normal for the top of my soil to be getting hard, it feels like roots are really close to the top im not able to get my finger down in anymore. I usually weight test it anyways but I just noticed this today.
My guess is she needs some growing room- perhaps a larger pot? She could be really dry on the top, but for just the soil being hard, that normally means her roots are cramped and she's trying to grow larger roots. Think it like how a tree grows-
Tree roots

that's all I can think of… I hope I help a little :sweating:
-Fox

O

OhpeKush

My guess is she needs some growing room- perhaps a larger pot? She could be really dry on the top, but for just the soil being hard, that normally means her roots are cramped and she's trying to grow larger roots. Think it like how a tree grows-View attachment 662193
that's all I can think of… I hope I help a little :sweating:
-Fox

That's exactly what it seems like, the roots are real close to the top of the soil, when I gave her some water today I tried to loosen up the soil and there are tons are roots right near the top.
This could be the reason for her slow grow, I thought I was fine in a 3 gallon pot, is it too late to transplant to a say 5?

Foxlink

Foxlink

That's exactly what it seems like, the roots are real close to the top of the soil, when I gave her some water today I tried to loosen up the soil and there are tons are roots right near the top.
This could be the reason for her slow grow, I thought I was fine in a 3 gallon pot, is it too late to transplant to a say 5?
Not as long you are careful with pH and water levels, and be careful to repotting. Light, heat, temperature changes, water changes, all of things to things you need to be aware of and eye out to learn how it can make cycle changes. The larger 5gal would give her plenty room to grow comfortably :)

Plus, remember when repotting; 1) fill the pot only 1/3 way, set her lightly in the area. 2) Gently space her in the center to the best you can, and fill the rest of the new pot soil, remember to make sure that the roots are covered up, to make it a smooth transition as possible. 3) Water her well after moving from one to the other.
Glad that I was helpful for ya =^_^=
-Fox

Last edited:
A

Annihilater

I would be very weary of transplanting this late in the game with an autoflower. Your yield will be affected in my opinion.

O

OhpeKush

instead of transplanting I remembered I had leftover soil from my 2 new grows so I unfolded the pot and added soil up to the first 2 shoots. I've read the stem will produce roots anywhere under soil so gonna see if this gives it more space and helps with some growth .

O

OhpeKush

Still looking good, some of the inner nodes are stretching now and starting to pop out through some of the larger fan leaves, the 2 other new plants are growing nicely and at a good pace.
I added about 5 cups of new soil so my last few waterings I didn't add any nutes because the new FFOF soil probably has enough for a week or so.
I'd say adding this soil has helped speed up the growth alot, so I'm glad I did so.
Having some issues keeping my RH up though, it fluctuates from 30% all the way down to 16%..
I have a humidifier going on outside the tent and a bowl of water inside.

O

OhpeKush

Let's see the lady @OhpeKush !
Yessir! Haven't been uploading because not much had been going on, she's been showing signs of flowering for 3 weeks now and nothings speeding up. I think I got a bad plant that isn't gonna ever flower, gonna die out before she finishes.

O

OhpeKush

Phones being lame as fuck ill get a few better pics later without that light..

20170207 125527
20170207 125527
O

OhpeKush

So I got some really weird shit going on with these autos.
The 2 plants I panted nearly 2 months after my first one are already flowering and alot further ahead than the first. Same seeds same company.

They're only about 12 inches compared to the 33 of my original plant.

I think it's a bad seed and it's not an auto so I flipped to 12/12. How bad will this affect my 2 younger plants?

O

OhpeKush

So I had to top my plant, no room and it's not an auto so I am just going to put it back to 18/6 and let my other flowers finish while this is in veg, i'll flip later and let it finish.
How'd I do, I know most don't recommend taking off more than 1 top at a time but I had no options, these would have all burned.

Topping 1
Topping 2
Topping 3
Topping 4
Irietime

Irietime

So I had to top my plant, no room and it's not an auto so I am just going to put it back to 18/6 and let my other flowers finish while this is in veg, i'll flip later and let it finish.
How'd I do, I know most don't recommend taking off more than 1 top at a time but I had no options, these would have all burned.
Looks good. Bummer you had to top her, but she'll be just fine. Could turn those tops into clones.

O

OhpeKush

Lol so I got a bunk auto seeds and it's not an auto. I had one cut a bunch of tops off my first plant and im just gonna let it veg until these 2 new ones are finished.
These 2 new plants though are growing and looking great, already getting frosty.

I do have a question if anyone's still paying attention, why is one of these plans stretching so much and the other is growing fine.

20170223 152015
20170223 152031
Irietime

Irietime

Lol so I got a bunk auto seeds and it's not an auto. I had one cut a bunch of tops off my first plant and im just gonna let it veg until these 2 new ones are finished.
These 2 new plants though are growing and looking great, already getting frosty.

I do have a question if anyone's still paying attention, why is one of these plans stretching so much and the other is growing fine.
Are they the same strain? Could just be different phenos.

Dunge

Dunge

Some of the following is informed speculation and suspicion.

Lots of seeds are being produced as f1 crosses of popular varieties.
Show me a seed company with a list of offerings as long as your arm, and I'll show you an f1 mill.
The keeper parents bring name recognition, (see GG4) but often wildly confused genetics.

It's easy to make seeds, making good ones takes lots of work.

Top Bottom