O'kief Crop master tumbler

• Thread starter Billygoat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billygoat

Billygoat

Was wondering if anyone is using one of these unit. I'm about to buy one and wanted to hear from anyone that has used one or owns one. I've heard from a couple of different sources. That the pollenator motor burns out.

Just like to hear if anyone had used one of these O'kief thumbler. Going to be buying the crop master with stainless steel drum. Take care and have a wonderful weekend.
Later,
BG

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
i've got an okief tumbler, and i just can't say anything bad about it... I've got the steel mesh... No motor burn out so far!

cheers

K

knottynuggs

ive got a couple friends who have one. i just give em my trim,and they hand my a fatty coin of pressed hash the next day. i so much prefer dry sift to bubblehash. id say these tumblers are definitely worth the money though.

O

oldhand

I'd definately recommend the okeif tumblers... best you can get IMO... the butane tubes are top notch as well... good luck!

Billygoat

Billygoat

Thanks everyone,

I'm buying one at the end of the month. Going for the large unit they sell. Can't wait to get it. I'm tired of all the ice and work with bubblebags. Shit, I've got a brand new 5 gal set i've never used.

Looking forward to pressing some hash and cooking with the kief. Thanks for all the input.
Take care,
BG

R

Reeferman

i like mine very much had it since they first released em I would buy the medium or smaller unit though .
Reef

Billygoat

Billygoat

I would buy the medium or smaller unit though .
Reef

Why! You having probleming producing enough trim to keeo her filled. lolol jokin with you RM. I'm going to be order one this week for sure. Looking forward to the end product. I'll be sure to post a thread.

Thanks for everyone's input. I'll post some pictures once I get the unit and get her running.
Take care,
BG

R

Reeferman

Why! You having probleming producing enough trim to keeo her filled. lolol jokin with you RM. I'm going to be order one this week for sure. Looking forward to the end product. I'll be sure to post a thread.

Thanks for everyone's input. I'll post some pictures once I get the unit and get her running.
Take care,
BG
Hey bro you will want to place the unit is a deep freeze to get the most potential out of the unit and the bigger unit does not fit that well in a freezer I also find that I get more control and higher quality product when tumbling smaller quantity remember the best quality hash is obtained with only 10 minutes of tumbling so it does not take long to tumble a pile a lil at a time .
I own 3 tumblers at the moment 2 from mila and the okeif I can't say 1 is better than the other because the pollinators are really old and still spinning i just need to get new screen .
Anyways there is method to my madness and know you know why I offer such advise .
I Love dry way more than wet I used to bubble like mad after a few lessons by the master of dry siev in amsterdam I have never looked back dry is #1 for this guy .
Reef:banana:

Billygoat

Billygoat

Hey bro you will want to place the unit is a deep freeze to get the most potential out of the unit and the bigger unit does not fit that well in a freezer I also find that I get more control and higher quality product when tumbling smaller quantity remember the best quality hash is obtained with only 10 minutes of tumbling so it does not take long to tumble a pile a lil at a time .
I own 3 tumblers at the moment 2 from mila and the okeif I can't say 1 is better than the other because the pollinators are really old and still spinning i just need to get new screen .
Anyways there is method to my madness and know you know why I offer such advise .
I Love dry way more than wet I used to bubble like mad after a few lessons by the master of dry siev in amsterdam I have never looked back dry is #1 for this guy .
Reef:banana:

Hey RM,

thanks for all the great info. I'll need all the info I can get. I'm ordering my unit this week and can't wait to get it. Looking forward to all the nice brown gold. :) Been a super long time since I've smoked any dry. I've over the bubblebags. All that water and ice. No more for me, and glad I made the choice.

I'll be using most of my dry for baking. Got some friends that needs goodies for some very sick people. so, this will be my good deed. I'm looking forward to making some M&M cookies like my mother made when I was young, but with something else added to them, lol ;)

I think I'm going to press out some hash also. There is so much you can do with dry. Thanks for the info and post RM. OH, and by the way. Still got a bunch of your old Cherry Thai. Hopefully this summer I can get around to them. Been looking forward to these for a very long time. I've read everything about them and know all about the issues, but I've also read the good.
Take care,
BG

M

Mystery

I heard really good things about it. Great for big harvests

Billygoat

Billygoat

Hey everyone!

I just thought I would let everyone know. I got my tumbler a few days ago. I haven't had time to put it together, but I should get to it today. I've also got access to some trim and will be doing a run. I'm running around today, but should be able to get a run going and post some pictures. I'll let everyone know what I think and share some pictures.
Take care,
BG

L

luvinlife

Yep gonna have to agree with RM I put mine in the freezer too! helps alot. Ive never used the okeif, Im sure they're probably similar, but I bought one of milas pollinator 150's a couple years ago with a spare screen and have ran it, ALOT! the motor still works great and still havent used the extra screen. I used to fill er up full and now I probably fill her about 1/4 to 1/2 way only, and you actually get more kif this way. I think you'll be happier with one of the smaller ones too. It only means you gotta fill the bin up a few more times, but like reef said you only run each bin bout 10-15 minutes tops(to get the best stuff) so you gotta be hangin out and kinda on top of it anyway. whatever you decide to do Im sure you'll be stoked, The tumblers rock! Bubble is some tasty stuff, but there's something special about the drysift that I just love! Goodluck shoppin BG you'll be happy either way

L

luvinlife

apparantly im a little slow Bg Didn't read the dates til now...lmao maybe I better smoke another one lol!!!!! cant wait to see pics

Y

yoko

O'Kief's site has a discount code on the web site's order page.
Anyone have a discount code?

Yoko

Billygoat

Billygoat

Sorry, haven't had a chance to take any pictures. I will say this though. The unit already broke on us. I'll get some pictures once I head over to our little setup. This is the unit I bought and it can't handle the work load. We followed the directions and it's getting the shit kicked out of it. I'm either going to buy the largest unit they sell or go with another company. The drum can not support the weight. They need a shaft all away thtough the unit, so the drum is supported from bought ends.

Once I get the unit back. I'll post some pictures and explain more. One thing is for sure. I'm not happy with the unit and the amount of money I spent. Got one full day out of it and it breaks the following day. Not good at all.
Later,
BG

F

FastForward

That sucks BG, sorry hear about it. You might have just swung me over to Mila's kit instead of the OKief gear. The Okief seems like great value but it gets madly expensive for us Euro folks when you add $64 shipping.

Hope you sort your tumbling woes out soon man...smoke a big bowl....it sucks but it's not the end of the world...frustrating and annoying but not worth the stress.... now smoke a 2nd bowl and put on 'Wish You Were Here', Dr FF's orders :)

Billygoat

Billygoat

That sucks BG, sorry hear about it. You might have just swung me over to Mila's kit instead of the OKief gear. The Okief seems like great value but it gets madly expensive for us Euro folks when you add $64 shipping.

Hope you sort your tumbling woes out soon man...smoke a big bowl....it sucks but it's not the end of the world...frustrating and annoying but not worth the stress.... now smoke a 2nd bowl and put on 'Wish You Were Here', Dr FF's orders :)

Thanks,

I got it fixed within a few mintures. Had to run to the local hareware store and get some new bolts. I'll try and post some pictures of what went wrong. The main issue i saw. Was, they didn't use lock washers. This caused the bolts to come loose and cause some play in the bolt and nut. This is what caused the bolts to bend and then one of them breaking.

I've been busy with the grow and seed crop. Plus, the unit is at a buddies place. Once i get it back. I'll post some pictures of the unit and what went wrong.

Final thoughts! Me and a buddy are just going to built our own. I see what motor they are using and already tracked down the motor, screening material and a few other things I'm going to use. The main flaw in this unit. Is that they don't support the end of the drum. This causes way to much stress on the motor, shaft and other parts. They should have know better designing this unit. They know these units are going to get the tar worked out of them and ran 24/7.

Any ways, will post more on the subject later. Off to work. Take care and thanks for the nice post.
Later,
BG

Billygoat

Billygoat

Got my tumbler back from my buddy. Will get a batch going soon. Will post some pictures of the unit and the kief. Unit is working well. I'm thinking, if they used lock washer on my unit. It wouldn't have broken from the start. Will see how it works with all the seeded bud material.
Take care,
BG

Latest posts

Top Bottom